Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
3Dyms

Mon Petite Chateau @ Bt Batok

Congrats! Great to see another EM owner around. I've always love French design theme! Due to having a dog around, French theme is out for me. :bangwall: Happy renovating!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Welcome to BB! Just chiming in to say that I love your theme! Looking forward to see more photos. ;)

My husband to be and I are residing around Blk 12x in BB now, the floor plan looks quite similar to those EM flats near our area haha.

Thanks for liking my theme. I've grown to like this style slowly over the years, especially during my years in Australia. Cos this style is very common & popular there.

You're not too far from me... I'm at the Central side. :D I went to your side to look at some units before. The EM's there are slightly bigger but we prefer to be nearer MRT. We too lazy to walk more then 5-mins to MRT & amenities. Hehheeh.

Congrats! Great to see another EM owner around. I've always love French design theme! Due to having a dog around, French theme is out for me. :bangwall: Happy renovating!

Thanks. French style should be ok with dogs bah. I have a Maltese. But to accommodate her, I will use homo tiles instead of hard wood or laminates. In case of accidental pee and her nails cannot scratch it. Now she is already about 5-yrs, so no more marking or biting of furniture. If she does, she will get a spanking from me. So far, she's everyday in my current French kitchen and no issues. :good: she's a good gal. Pretty laid back and seldom barks.

Haha great to see another EM owner with pet :D

Hahah... That will be petssss in the plural. Cos I have 3 hamsters too. Just gave my fishes away cos no time to take care of them. It was a 1.5m tank with 7 angel fishes and a few Congo tetras. :rolleyes:

My westie is a male. Used to loved marking on wood stuff when young. Now, he's grown, more matured but im still reluctant to take risks especially for those odd occasional periods where we r out of house for a longer than usual. Maltese r obedient, in law have a female one...much tamer. Homo tiles good choice for dog owners. Must dog proof. Prevention is better than cure, lol. We r fans of French n baroque style too!

Thanks for liking my theme. I've grown to like this style slowly over the years, especially during my years in Australia. Cos this style is very common & popular there.

You're not too far from me... I'm at the Central side. :D I went to your side to look at some units before. The EM's there are slightly bigger but we prefer to be nearer MRT. We too lazy to walk more then 5-mins to MRT & amenities. Hehheeh.

Thanks. French style should be ok with dogs bah. I have a Maltese. But to accommodate her, I will use homo tiles instead of hard wood or laminates. In case of accidental pee and her nails cannot scratch it. Now she is already about 5-yrs, so no more marking or biting of furniture. If she does, she will get a spanking from me. So far, she's everyday in my current French kitchen and no issues. :good: she's a good gal. Pretty laid back and seldom barks.

Hi everyone,

I used to have a T-blog for my mini reno journey in 2011. At that time, I was doing a total makeover for my kitchen and some other miscellaneous like dismantling of built in wardrobes in the bedrooms. (p/s: had to change username cos cannot remember my old password). Lol.

Now (1.5yrs later), I am downgrading from my current condo unit to an Executive Mansionette.

Main reason for this - I have 3 kids and need big big space at home. My current condo is too tiny and there is just not enough space to accommodate our thousand and one stuffs. Then.... With the crazy property prices now, we'd rather plow our hard earned $$$ into an EM, rather then blowing it all on a bigger condo unit. I'm a practical person. I'd rather have more $$$ in the bank, then have 'prestige' of condo, but owe the bank lots of $$$.

Our new EM is at Bt Batok Ctrl. It is conveniently located near to West Mall and the MRT. The civil service club is also 5 mins walk away - so my kids will still get to enjoy their weekend swims. :)

Sharing my floor plan...... :)

floorplanl.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Congratulations for getting an EM at BB central and near to CSC (fun pool!) and some good schools too:) How much is your EM/COV? Looking forward to your reno journey photos

Hi everyone,

I used to have a T-blog for my mini reno journey in 2011. At that time, I was doing a total makeover for my kitchen and some other miscellaneous like dismantling of built in wardrobes in the bedrooms. (p/s: had to change username cos cannot remember my old password). Lol.

Now (1.5yrs later), I am downgrading from my current condo unit to an Executive Mansionette.

Main reason for this - I have 3 kids and need big big space at home. My current condo is too tiny and there is just not enough space to accommodate our thousand and one stuffs. Then.... With the crazy property prices now, we'd rather plow our hard earned $$$ into an EM, rather then blowing it all on a bigger condo unit. I'm a practical person. I'd rather have more $$$ in the bank, then have 'prestige' of condo, but owe the bank lots of $$$.

Our new EM is at Bt Batok Ctrl. It is conveniently located near to West Mall and the MRT. The civil service club is also 5 mins walk away - so my kids will still get to enjoy their weekend swims. :)

Sharing my floor plan...... :)

floorplanl.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Congratulations for getting an EM at BB central and near to CSC (fun pool!) and some good schools too:) How much is your EM/COV? Looking forward to your reno journey photos

Hi Sherting,

Sorry for late reply. Was busy moving to my mom's place over the weekend cos need to vacate my current house for legal sale completion.

I got my EM for $708K valuation. COV is $60K. :D

I finally got some drawings from my ID Carpenter. Only 2D drawings cos I don't want to pay extra for 3D.

To start off, this is the layout plan for my kitchen. L-shape top & bottom cabinets with corner cooker hob. Will also have a 2-door tall cabinet for my pantry. Need a big place to store my can foods, dried stuffs, snacks, tidbits and my all important - instant noodles. :notti:

Doorway to kitchen is widen by hacking off the wall on the right side. Maybe I will put an island couner. See how it goes.

kitchendrawing3.jpg

Edited by 3Dyms

My home office will be on Level 1.

I specifically requested for a 1-door Wardrobe to be included. This will 'house' all my freshly laundered clothes that are pending ironing by my bi-weekly cleaning aunty.

For a family of 5, imagine the amount of uniforms & work clothes to be sorted.

For the gals study room, their study table will be like this, only without the wardrobe & bookshelves. Cos I need the table length for 3 of them to be able to study at the same time.

studyroom1.jpg

Edited by 3Dyms

Finally the master wardrobe. Requested for L-shape and 7 doors. Both hub & me simply got too much clothes & stuffs.

Just realized that my wardrobe is 13ft. Woohoo!! Ssoo happy lah!

mstrwardrobe1.jpg

mstrwardrobe2.jpg

Edited by 3Dyms