Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
3Dyms

Mon Petite Chateau @ Bt Batok

I will not go for Samsung or LG. Period! I remained a firm supporter on Jap maker any day. Maybe you can lay down your needs on tv?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I will not go for Samsung or LG. Period! I remained a firm supporter on Jap maker any day. Maybe you can lay down your needs on tv?

Nothing special for my TV requirements. Just a basic 46" - 50" LED HD TV for the main living room and a smaller 32" LED HD TV for my gals mini living area. Both will be connected to SCV box. No need 3D, no need Internet. It's just for watching normal TV programs and a couple of DVD's whenever we hv the time. Our family not so high tech. So no need special gizmos or sound system attached to it. My budget for both TV is about $3k only. :P

Nothing special for my TV requirements. Just a basic 46" - 50" LED HD TV for the main living room and a smaller 32" LED HD TV for my gals mini living area. Both will be connected to SCV box. No need 3D, no need Internet. It's just for watching normal TV programs and a couple of DVD's whenever we hv the time. Our family not so high tech. So no need special gizmos or sound system attached to it. My budget for both TV is about $3k only. :P

I m like u....it will be over kill if I own a smart tv as I will likely to use the basic function.

Edited by potatoes

You got a good budget. $3k will do fine for your case. I will recommend you to go for Sony, Panasonic or Sharp. They are not just TV maker, they are also panel supplier to Samsung & LG.

Have a read on this link. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/house-displays-226/please-post-your-purchase-prices-here-thread-2183485-50.html

They always update the recent deals on respective tv sizes and prices. Hope it will help in your selection. If possible, go for smart tv. it is worthy imo.

I m like u....it will be over kill if I own a smart tv as I will likely to use the basic function.

Yah... My hubs said we already hv 2 lappies, 3 iPhones (oldest gal has her own too) and 1 iPad. He reckons that is enough tech stuffs already. If even our TV has Internet, then our gals will be on it full time watching you tube. *faintz* :o Cannot hv this since #1 will be doing PSLE next yr. Too much distraction is a "no-no".

You got a good budget. $3k will do fine for your case. I will recommend you to go for Sony, Panasonic or Sharp. They are not just TV maker, they are also panel supplier to Samsung & LG.

Have a read on this link. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/house-displays-226/please-post-your-purchase-prices-here-thread-2183485-50.html

They always update the recent deals on respective tv sizes and prices. Hope it will help in your selection. If possible, go for smart tv. it is worthy imo.

Oohh... Another supporter for jap brands. Hah! Our current LCD TV is a Panasonic (made in Japan). But it's getting old now... Time to let it retire. Never had any issues with it for the past 5-yrs. Initially, I tot just go to Mega Discount & just grab whatever is on offer. Cos was aiming for another jap brand LED TV. But many people were advising that Samsung is market leader for LED. That set off a whole thought process. Already the downlights has got me cracking and now to add on the TV stuff. Lol. :P

How come Reno nowadays ssoo headache one leh. Last time was more straightaway cos not much choices. Now we r ssoo spoilt by the variety that we become confused. :o

Oohh... Another supporter for jap brands. Hah! Our current LCD TV is a Panasonic (made in Japan). But it's getting old now... Time to let it retire. Never had any issues with it for the past 5-yrs. Initially, I tot just go to Mega Discount & just grab whatever is on offer. Cos was aiming for another jap brand LED TV. But many people were advising that Samsung is market leader for LED. That set off a whole thought process. Already the downlights has got me cracking and now to add on the TV stuff. Lol. :P

How come Reno nowadays ssoo headache one leh. Last time was more straightaway cos not much choices. Now we r ssoo spoilt by the variety that we become confused. :o

Both my TV in my living room(65") & studyroom(42") are from Panasonic. They are leader in Plasma(before Pioneer exited from market, kuro technology was the best) which is the reason why I had opt for them. Plasma produces better 'black' than typical LED TV. Of cause as known, consumes more energy than latter, but the differences are pretty minimal, say $20-$30/year basis(online source), I can live with that, that's me.

Plasma produces better picture quality imo if your intention of use strictly on typical local stream contents, movies. In LED, gaming stands out here, although it tends to be overly bright which also no doubt in color department outshines plasma.

The only downside on plasma vs LED, during day use, Plasma can be too reflective which the later excels in. Side note, LED TVs are not true LED TVs. They are all LCD but "lit by LED backlight". There are edge-lit (cheaper) and back-lit (more ex) some with local dimming.

To close the loop, ask the sales to put plasma & LED side by side, just take 40" size as comparison, make sure they reset it to default settings. I will explain why later. Ask for preview in 1) local stream contents & 2) movies played via bluray player. This is unbais comparison. Reason: How many of you alter the settings when TV arrived at your place? Prob you all will use it out of box when the technician is on site to fix up for you. Also, the sales prob had alter the settings to make this model looks good than the other. Typical, for SGreans, 1st is price follow by 2nd which is tv size. Found best of both world, BUY! Hardly compare at all.

Cheers!

Both my TV in my living room(65") & studyroom(42") are from Panasonic. They are leader in Plasma(before Pioneer exited from market, kuro technology was the best) which is the reason why I had opt for them. Plasma produces better 'black' than typical LED TV. Of cause as known, consumes more energy than latter, but the differences are pretty minimal, say $20-$30/year basis(online source), I can live with that, that's me.

Plasma produces better picture quality imo if your intention of use strictly on typical local stream contents, movies. In LED, gaming stands out here, although it tends to be overly bright which also no doubt in color department outshines plasma.

The only downside on plasma vs LED, during day use, Plasma can be too reflective which the later excels in. Side note, LED TVs are not true LED TVs. They are all LCD but "lit by LED backlight". There are edge-lit (cheaper) and back-lit (more ex) some with local dimming.

To close the loop, ask the sales to put plasma & LED side by side, just take 40" size as comparison, make sure they reset it to default settings. I will explain why later. Ask for preview in 1) local stream contents & 2) movies played via bluray player. This is unbais comparison. Reason: How many of you alter the settings when TV arrived at your place? Prob you all will use it out of box when the technician is on site to fix up for you. Also, the sales prob had alter the settings to make this model looks good than the other. Typical, for SGreans, 1st is price follow by 2nd which is tv size. Found best of both world, BUY! Hardly compare at all.

Cheers!

Thank you for all the wonderful advise. Am learning ssoo much.

Hahah... Yah. Me is typical IT goondu. So when come to such things, usually don't bother to compare much. Especially when come to the specs. Sure become lagi blur with all the jargon. So far, the hubs is more set on getting LED. Cos recently when we shifted out from our old home, we were shocked when the movers removed my wall mounted LCD. There was a patch of black where the TV once hung. Apparently, the heat from the TV was so bad, it causes the wall paper to turn black. Looked like the dirt accumulated got heated into the wall paper. Couldn't believe it. But when we went to my SIL place, we felt her LED TV and it was definitely not giving out so much heat compared to how our LCD TV felt after being switched on for a few hours. :o Another point for LED, hubs loves the clarity. He finds the image sharper. More defined. But think we will definitely give your comparison test a try out at the stores the next time we go TV hunting. Will love to try and 'spot the diff' between plasma & LED. Then make a more informed decision. ;)

Yippee!!! Thanks to the sharing by Kim76 on his t-blog, I finally made my first purchase via Amazon. Special delivery by DHL last night!

Grohe Bath Accessories...!!! :dribble:

The quality is really good. Material is solid and heavy. Even my hub commented is a good buy. So happy. :yeah:

grohebath.jpg

grohe1.jpg

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Grohe-Essentials-Accessory-StarLight-Chrome/dp/B001TVBETU/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1367288608&sr=1-1&keywords=grohe'>Grohe Bath accessories

Edited by 3Dyms

Help...... Need advise on the toilet bowl.

So we went to Adamas earlier today to settle on our sanitary ware for the bathrooms. Initially, I was quite set on getting TOTO after reading all the positive feedback. I even budgeted about $600 per toilet bowl. But after we started talking to the salesperson, she was highly recommending the Claytan brand. She says its as good as TOTO, only that it is made in Malaysia that's why cheaper. Hub and me after looking at the toilet bowls, realized that we preferred those one piece type. The Claytan brand one is only about $300+ whilst TOTO is $900+. This costs excludes the p-trap/ bend collar thing.

Hub is more keen on Claytan mainly for the price point. Design wise, the TOTO one is abit more comfy. But hub says he not keen to spend so much on just a toilet bowl (nearly $1k). So we confirmed on the Claytan brand.

Problem:

I've been looking for reviews after this purchase and realize many people are commenting that the Claytan brand flushing no good, not strong enough, got poo fly outside (apologies for the graphic description). Anyone has other feedback on Claytan? Or... Should I pay more and just buy the TOTO toilet bowl instead?

The salesperson at Adamas said I can still change the toilet bowl if I want, so long as they hv not delivered yet.

Please help..... All advises appreciated.

Edited by 3Dyms

Help...... Need advise on the toilet bowl.

So we went to Adamas earlier today to settle on our sanitary ware for the bathrooms. Initially, I was quite set on getting TOTO after reading all the positive feedback. I even budgeted about $600 per toilet bowl. But after we started talking to the salesperson, she was highly recommending the Claytan brand. She says its as good as TOTO, only that it is made in Malaysia that's why cheaper. Hub and me after looking at the toilet bowls, realized that we preferred those one piece type. The Claytan brand one is only about $300+ whilst TOTO is $900+. This costs excuses the p-trap/ s-bend thing.

Hub is more keen on Claytan mainly for the price point. Design wise, the TOTO one is abit more comfy. But hub says he not keen to spend so much on just a toilet bowl (nearly $1k). So we confirmed on the Claytan brand.

Problem:

I've been looking for reviews after this purchase and realize many people are commenting that the Claytan brand flushing no good, not strong enough, got poo fly outside (apologies for the graphic description). Anyone has other feedback on Claytan? Or... Should I pay more and just buy the TOTO toilet bowl instead? But to outfit all 3 bathrooms.... The costs is $1K extra. *dilemma*

The salesperson at Adamas said I can still change the toilet bowl if I want, so long as they hv not delivered yet.

Please help..... All advises appreciated.

Hi 3Dyms,

Whatever you have mentioned above has happened to us. We bought Clayton before as we thought we werent so particular about toilet bowls and wated to save cost. Yes,, I had to flush twice (due to weak flushing) and lay toilet papers before flushing to prevent the contents from splashing out.

We're doing our reno for a second time, and will definitely get Toto for both toilets as we feel that such money shouldn't be saved. My wife doesn't even bother looking at other brands now.

Hope this helps in your decision making.

Edited by macuser77

Hi 3Dyms,

Whatever you have mentioned above has happened to us. We bought Clayton before as we thought we werent so particular about toilet bowls and wated to save cost. Yes,, I had to flush twice (due to weak flushing) and lay toilet papers before flushing to prevent the contents from splashing out.

We're doing our reno for a second time, and will definitely get Toto for both toilets as we feel that such money shouldn't be saved. My wife doesn't even bother looking at other brands now.

Hope this helps in your decision making.

Thanks for your feedback. I'm now mulling over this and am spilt 50/50. On one hand, I'm thinking of saving the $$$ and just settling for the cheaper (but so called as good) Claytan brand. On the other hand, I'm thinking, maybe just bite the bullet now and get the TOTO one which is more established and has better reviews.

After reading the negative reviews on the Claytan wc, I don't want to end up with a lemon. Cos I may save $$ now, but if the wc does not work out.... It will be more costly later on to rectify this 'mistake'. Think I should proceed and get the more established TOTO -- save me from headaches later on.

Edited by 3Dyms

Toto. Still good for me. Was highly recommended this brand by other owners who experienced wc problems with other brands.

Anyway this type of thing you will use daily and feel the pain if not done well. Plus hard to change... So yeah, toto is recommended.

Toto. Still good for me. Was highly recommended this brand by other owners who experienced wc problems with other brands.

Anyway this type of thing you will use daily and feel the pain if not done well. Plus hard to change... So yeah, toto is recommended.

Thanks for the TOTO vote Adidaem. Totally agree with you. Just spoke with the hub and showed him the reviews on Claytan. He said if really need to, then change to TOTO. Yippee! But now.... To decide if I should stick with the 1-pc WC design or the cheaper 2-pc types? Haiz.... Decisions decisions. Never know even WC need to think so much. Lol. :P

SANITARY WARES

We finally settled on our WC. We decided to get the 1-piece TOTO CW868 Water Closet. And yes.... I got 20% discount!! I'm really happy with this purchase. :yeah:

Hub preferred to ge the 1-pc as we have been using the normal 2-pc types all these while and we've had to call in the plumber to repair leaks on several occasions. With a 1-pc wc, no more leaks to repair. *good* Since we were there, we decided to just get all our sanitary items (shower & bath accessories, storage heater, etc). Too lazy to go many places and lugging 3 kiddos, not an easy task.

I must commend Serene from Adamas. Great customer service! Not pushy and gave us advise on what to buy. She even give us discounts where she could without us having to probe much. Overall was a really pleasant & happy shopping experience. :good:

Here are the photos of my stuffs.

slide1zt.jpg

Edited by 3Dyms