Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Bathroom accessories are also installed.

MBR toilet rack up. Gotten from Hoe Kee. Cheap and good!

2013-04-27153747.jpg

Toilet roll on top of biget.. hopefully it won't get wet.

2013-04-27153736.jpg

Common room toilet. Fixed up 2 support poles for my mum.

2013-04-27153831.jpg

2013-04-27153850.jpg

Mirrors are not installed today because my taobao shipment got delayed. It will come within this week, hopefully i can get them installed by this sat. Forgot to get the plumbers to install my kitchen accessories.. haizz, what a mistake!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I'm also renovating my house at the moment but mine will be just the typical 4-room flat outlook as I had * regrettably* opt for the HDB tiles and doors, plus the fact that my ID did not contribute any creative ideas into my home design (probably due to the fact that I have a tight budget :( ).

Hi Bengologist

I believe a lot of people also share your predicament.

Maybe can share us the name of your ID firm so that those with limited budget can avoid.

or better still, write a T-blog on your journey and result so that we can benefit from your experience.

Hi Bengologist

Maybe can share us the name of your ID firm so that those with limited budget can avoid.

or better still, write a T-blog on your journey and result so that we can benefit from your experience.

Hi StaleBread,

Although my ID did not provide any creative ideas (as compared to lawrenceke's ID) to make the house much visually attractive, I still appreciate his services as he is very patient and polite to accommodate to my several alteration plans to the house. He did try to provide some logical solutions to some of the flaws in the design of my new house and tried his best to accommodate to my ridiculously low budget, however I still exceeded my budget as I want to provide the best for my new house. Hahahaha! :D

Yeah, I wanna start a T-blog soon to provide everyone a glimpse of my renovation journey.

Wish you luck in your renovation too! :good:

Hi Bengologist

It is sad to hear about this. I went through renovation once back in 2009 and the contractor is my brother-in law's vendor who does big projects from the Cathay Organisation. I can say his services are not always top notch but price is the cheapest among all quotations! I realised that communications played a important part when you convey your ideas to your contractor. I always email, sms him and all the conversation are in words. The message always got messed up cos different pple got different understanding of the message.

Even now i went through my second renovation, the communications between me and id can get messed up. So learning point is that whenever there are issues regarding renovation, it is important that both parties can meet up and discuss and resolve it. It is really difficult to convey using messages, email or even through phone calls.

Another learning point that i had gained from renovations experience is that "Talk is cheap". Contractors and ids can promise you this and that but at the end of the day, are the things and promises been delivered? That's the reason why i only choose close friends or reliable contacts to do my renovation.

The contractor that i used in 2009 is good in pricing but after staying in my flat for 3 years, things are falling apart. Workmanship is a important factor to me. If you save a bit on quality, you might spend much more later to rectify.

The Id that i engaged now is a close friend of my colleague whom is going through her renovation in May. She also got the id to do up her house so i have no worries whether the Id can deliver the goods and promises. So far, the working experience is good and renovation is in the final stage. Hopefully nothing spoils in the long run.

Hi StaleBread,

Although my ID did not provide any creative ideas (as compared to lawrenceke's ID) to make the house much visually attractive, I still appreciate his services as he is very patient and polite to accommodate to my several alteration plans to the house. He did try to provide some logical solutions to some of the flaws in the design of my new house and tried his best to accommodate to my ridiculously low budget, however I still exceeded my budget as I want to provide the best for my new house. Hahahaha! :D

Yeah, I wanna start a T-blog soon to provide everyone a glimpse of my renovation journey.

Wish you luck in your renovation too! :good:

Hi Beng,

Glad to hear that you are doing fine with your ID, as long as your ID listens to your changes and get it done or rectify within the shortest time. I can say he /she is good. I hear horrible stories from other renotalk threads where contractors/ ids abandon projects done half way or process super slow but payment super fast. Promises are not been delivered and house owners are in the mercy of such contractors/ids. So always communicate with your ID well and make sure things are delivered before you make any payment. :thumbs up:

28 April 2013

Beautiful Sunday! Went back new place to do some house cleaning. In the midst of vacuuming the house, someone knocked on my door. Curious and surprise.. how come someone will knock on my door.. tata.. my ID with her hubby came over my place to paint the bomb shelter cover and door step pebble wash! :good:

ID hubby painting the doorway pebblewash. I was told that it will protect the pebblewash and prevent from dust and dirt in the long run. Thumbs up for the extended services!

2013-04-28212556.jpg

A total of 5 layers of protection paint was applied in both the main gate doorway and kitchen entrance.

2013-04-28212545.jpg

The taobao clocks that i bought some time ago were also installed.

I love this clock in my mbr as i can display 3 photos with it. The colour also blend in with my mbr wall. Swee swee!

2013-04-28215737.jpg

The one in the living room took me a hour to fix up as i wanted the time to be as accurate as possible to the acrylic numberings.

2013-04-29200237.jpg

There are alot of designs that you can create yourself. Me and my CFO wanted to do it like a apple shape.. end up like a cartoon pattern. :jawdrop:

Close up of the clock.

2013-04-29200220.jpg

1 May 2013 Labour Day Hoilday

Yeah! Exactly 2 months of renovation and it is almost completed! Today, the stickman is coming over to paste my vodka decal!! Andy is the guy who is in charge of my decal and i can only comment him as Cheap, good and Super EFFICIENT!

For those who have been following my thread knows that i am a vodka collector but not to the hardcore type that have every single vodka bottle collection. I wanted to do up a golden bling bling vodka bottle decal in my living room but i am unable to find a good resolution vodka image in the internet. Thank God to Andy! He offered to take a photoshoot of my golden bling bling vodka bottle plus doing some photoshop on the image so that i can get it priinted asap. He took the picture on Saturday and today, he is ready to do the installation!

The image that Andy shown me before printing is exactly the same to what will be installed.

2013-05-01163044.jpg

I didn't expect that the gloss finishing is so nice and realistic. It is just like the bottle that i had!

Installation was a breeze. It took Andy just 15 mins to get the whole thing up. The picture is AWESOME!

2013-05-01164151.jpg

The overall effect is excellent. From my passageway to the living room, i can see the sharp resolution of the vodka decal. 100% $$ worth!!

2013-05-01183345.jpg

1 May 2013 Labour Day Hoilday

Yeah! Exactly 2 months of renovation and it is almost completed! Today, the stickman is coming over to paste my vodka decal!! Andy is the guy who is in charge of my decal and i can only comment him as Cheap, good and Super EFFICIENT!

For those who have been following my thread knows that i am a vodka collector but not to the hardcore type that have every single vodka bottle collection. I wanted to do up a golden bling bling vodka bottle decal in my living room but i am unable to find a good resolution vodka image in the internet. Thank God to Andy! He offered to take a photoshoot of my golden bling bling vodka bottle plus doing some photoshop on the image so that i can get it priinted asap. He took the picture on Saturday and today, he is ready to do the installation!

The image that Andy shown me before printing is exactly the same to what will be installed.

2013-05-01163044.jpg

I didn't expect that the gloss finishing is so nice and realistic. It is just like the bottle that i had!

Installation was a breeze. It took Andy just 15 mins to get the whole thing up. The picture is AWESOME!

2013-05-01164151.jpg

The overall effect is excellent. From my passageway to the living room, i can see the sharp resolution of the vodka decal. 100% $$ worth!!

2013-05-01183345.jpg

WOW!!! The Vodka decal is so pleasing to the eye! Very attractive addition to your house! Good job on that! :jammin:

Hi Lawrenceke,

Can share your wall decal contacts? Thinking of doing a full wall customised decal.

Thanks.

WOW!!! The Vodka decal is so pleasing to the eye! Very attractive addition to your house! Good job on that! :jammin:

Thanks for the compliment! I love the decal to the max. The vodka decal add bling flavour to the house. :dancingqueen:

On the very same day that my golden vodka decal is up, i have also brought my first batch of vodka collection home. They will be on patrol on the top of the red bottle shelving. I can place a total of 15 bottles in one row but i put 10 bottles first for a trial.

2013-05-01183225.jpg

Not bad for a start. The second platoon will be reporting this weekend. :jammin:

2013-05-01183319.jpg

22 April 2013

Target to fix up the remaining 2 parcels for my cosy corner.. not an easy task!

So many screws and parts for this heavy parcel!!

2013-04-22_205700.jpg

Took almost 3 hours to fix this up with CFO's help.. so tiring!

2013-04-22_231240.jpg

Yeah, my 50% completed cosy corner where me and my CFO can do work, play games together. Mini cabinet to put our barang barang..

2013-04-22_232315.jpg

The grey wall looks plain. Time to get some deco to beautify it. :notti:

They fitted just nice. :thumbs up:

Let us know what deco you getting.