Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blueeeeie

Big Ideas In A Small Space

The kitchen

Hubby likes these tiles for the kitchen

IMG-20130301-WA0004_zps3ce54b05.jpg

Apparently they call these the "subway" tiles since subway outlets like to use these sorta tiles for their stores..

Looks good with dark colored kitchen cabinets..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi lawrence!

I only realized you had a blog here after I started mine.. :P

I saw ur chandeliers are up! Good progress.. looks like u can move in soon too.. lucky u!

I still have a few more weeks to go.. wait till neck long liao

Toilet fittings

Slim design toilet bowls selected for both the master and common toilets.. need to be able to make space for the basins and vanity tops..

IMG_20130310_142024_zps8fab1873.jpg

We wanted to go for something a little more unique for the common toilet.. so we ended up choosing a full chrome basin pairing it off with a tap that looks like an android robot! (I'm a big android fan)

IMG_20130127_150425_zps0b0d6cf5.jpg

As for the master.. something small and simple was sufficient.. again.. space was an issue hence the choice

IMG_20130120_185001_zps4cab3fdc.jpg

And even though this isn't part of the toilet fittings.. we choose the kitchen sink on the same day as the basins.. so the photo ended up being lumped in here too.. :)

IMG_20130127_144720_zpscea87543.jpg

Edited by blueeeeie

Aircons installed!

Aircons are up!!

The aircon site surveyor guy was pretty bad at planning the trunking.. honestly.. his suggestions for how to run the pipes were beyond ugly! If it were up to him.. trunking would be everywhere!!!!

Thank goodness for smart contractors..

Master bedroom! Trunking hidden in toilet..

IMG_20130315_163126_zps512e7ac8.jpg

Baby room.. trunking running along the corridoor ceiling..

IMG_20130315_163144_zps4286b629.jpg

Study.. some trunking showing up but still bearable

IMG-20130328-WA0011_zps428209b7.jpg

Living room.. no trunking showing at all!

IMG_20130315_170649_zps52b28efd.jpg

Not too bad considering I have no false ceiling..

Toilets

And after many many days.. the toilet tilings are done!

Master toilet..

IMG_20130326_114317_zps94171ec2.jpg

Common toilet.. a little regret on the choice of floor tiles in this case.. the mosaic would have gone a lot better with plain grey floor tiles instead of the natural stone look ones.. but what's done is done liao!

IMG_20130328_124954_zps42b2e94e.jpg

IMG_20130406_095010_zps25e772d4.jpg

Heh heh.. you can just fill up the common toilet with water and it'll be a swimming pool!!!

Walls and Flooring

Once all the wet works were completed.. it was time to make way for the dry works..

First up.. partitions!!!

Did up a looong partition stretching from the front entrance all the way to the window.. smooths out the original kink and its great for hiding all the cables from my home theatre system..

Livingroom_zpsf0e25880.jpg

Then another partition in the master bedroom too.. again.. for the tv and hiding of wires..

mbr_zpse5043763.jpg

The kitchen partition was requested for by my hubby.. he didn't like the original tiles and since he didn't wanna spend more tiling over such a large area.. he just requested for another partition to hide the tiles..

kitchen_zps86f0a7f8.jpg

Then we have the flooring!

Ah.. flooring.. byebye raw looking cement.. hello new york apartment...

floor_zps38ac869f.jpg

With the same flooring stretching across the whole house.. it really created a loft apartment feel to it.. :)

Lights

I have been poisoned.. utterly poisoned I tell you!

This gorgeous artemide tolomeo mega wall lamp would look so fantastic as a dining room light :dribble:

299622329439231325_4407c8aca276.jpeg

Not to mention these little small wall bedside lamps.. :wub:

168920360392069676_ff46a8842c9e.jpg

Lighting installation part 1

So I had decided on the artemide lightings for my dining, study and bedroom wall lights and since I wasn't made of money.. I ordered the replicas from taobao instead.. the rest of my lights were ordered locally..

The lights shown here are the ones I had ordered locally..

All my lights are surface lights cos I had no false ceiling.. I decided on 2 black "milo tin" lights for my kitchen.. 3 black box spot lights for my living room and corridoor.. 1 rectangle light for my study (its not here yet so its not installed).. 2 white "milo tin" lights for my toilets.. and 1 white twin spotlights from philips.. all spotlights are of course LED.. and last but not least 3 crestar fans with lights as well (they were on offer!)

Here's what it looks like:

Corridoor spotlight.. switched on to test its brightness.. very nice.. :D

482746_10151304082546307_1407601646_n.jp

Living room spotlights.. couldn't switch on yet.. but still nice...

IMG-20130410-WA0001_zps453d5a83.jpg

Kitchen lights.. I've always thought the milo tin lights had potential to make design statements..

IMG-20130410-WA0005_zpsac4dd5cc.jpg

Toilet light.. showing only common toilet here.. but its the same setup in the master..

IMG-20130410-WA0004_zps7fac70e0.jpg

And the twin spotlights from philips.. I love these spots a lot..

IMG_20130410_133100_zpscdcad689.jpg

Edited by blueeeeie

Lighting installation part 1 continued

Crestar fans.. the drop is a lot lower than I expected.. but I still need to stand on tip toe in order to touch the light of the fan..

20130411_183330_zps331795d5.jpg

And not forgetting the ikea light for my little boy's room..

IMG_20130410_135233_zps3efefeeb.jpg

Paiseh suaku me.. I see no trunking even for the ceiling lights and fans... For BTO flats, r all the power point and lighting positions pre-fixed, so the electrical cables r pre-run liao? What if you dun like the positions and wanna change? Need to hack and conceal back? :unsure:

Paiseh suaku me.. I see no trunking even for the ceiling lights and fans... For BTO flats, r all the power point and lighting positions pre-fixed, so the electrical cables r pre-run liao? What if you dun like the positions and wanna change? Need to hack and conceal back? :unsure:

For BTO flats.. all the lighting points are pre-fixed (you're right).. so for those people who install false ceiling.. the electrician will just pull and extend the wires out to the points where lights and fans are going to be installed then everything is hidden by the false ceiling..

For people who don't want false ceiling.. the electrician will cut a thin channel from the original point in the ceiling to the point where you're installing the light or fan.. then the channel and original point is then patched back with plaster and painted over.. Its the same method they use when you want to move your power points or tv points in your wall..

From the start of the reno till now.. my lighting points have shifted 2 or 3 times already.. as my contractor always says "you want to change? No problem!" hah

Hi there.. Wanna ask.. Whr did u buy ur "milo" tins lights?

I bought it at Modulux along jalan besar.. but I saw these milo tin lights in many of the lighting shops along there..

They come in 3 sizes.. small medium and large..

The ones in my toilet are the small ones.. the ones in the kitchen are the medium ones..