Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blueeeeie

Big Ideas In A Small Space

floor_zps38ac869f.jpg

With the same flooring stretching across the whole house.. it really created a loft apartment feel to it.. smile.gif

Wow nice floor color. Is this malkam oak light? We were struggling to decide between this and aspen white. In the end we selected aspen white :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wow nice floor color. Is this malkam oak light? We were struggling to decide between this and aspen white. In the end we selected aspen white :)

Yup yup it is!! Thought it was easier to match with furniture.. we nearly went with the oak medium cos it looked warmer.. but chose this in the end..

Yours is the high resilient flooring too right?

Yup resilient flooring. Loving it. At least don't have the floating feel & more silent stepping on it. But of course cannot feel like stepping on real wood.

For BTO flats.. all the lighting points are pre-fixed (you're right).. so for those people who install false ceiling.. the electrician will just pull and extend the wires out to the points where lights and fans are going to be installed then everything is hidden by the false ceiling..

For people who don't want false ceiling.. the electrician will cut a thin channel from the original point in the ceiling to the point where you're installing the light or fan.. then the channel and original point is then patched back with plaster and painted over.. Its the same method they use when you want to move your power points or tv points in your wall..

From the start of the reno till now.. my lighting points have shifted 2 or 3 times already.. as my contractor always says "you want to change? No problem!" hah

Alright! Jus as i guessed. Personally find it quite a hassle to hack and patch back though we're not the one doing the work.. haha! U lucky to have a gd & easy-going contractor.. that's why smooth smooth sailing mah! Keep it up! :good:

blueeeeie & bb-1314 > looks like we all the oak club.. i went for rustic oak (for bedrms only).. hee hee! :) by the way, resilient flooring is laminate flooring rite, only different range/grade & thickness, etc.? I went for basic/essential 8mm range nia.. hope can last..

Edited by jus4fun

Yup its laminate flooring but its thicker than the regular laminate so its solid with no cracking and creaking sound when u walk.. Plus its 100% waterproof.. And can be installed without skirting.. Im not sure about other brands of high resilient flooring but the one i have is installed without adhesive.. It has grooved edges so u just join 2 pieces together and click it in place and continue like that through out the whole floor..

You can check out the evorich website for the details..

Yup its laminate flooring but its thicker than the regular laminate so its solid with no cracking and creaking sound when u walk.. Plus its 100% waterproof.. And can be installed without skirting.. Im not sure about other brands of high resilient flooring but the one i have is installed without adhesive.. It has grooved edges so u just join 2 pieces together and click it in place and continue like that through out the whole floor..

You can check out the evorich website for the details..

Mine Supreme.. think similar kind of flooring..

hmm I think evorich high end resilient flooring is more resemble to vinyl flooring leh. cos it's not like wood cannot bend, HERF like vinyl can bend...

hmm I think evorich high end resilient flooring is more resemble to vinyl flooring leh. cos it's not like wood cannot bend, HERF like vinyl can bend...

You're probably right.. I wasn't totally sure whether the herf was a form of laminate flooring.. I thought the guy said it was.. but then again its feel is alot closer to vinyl..

Toilets

So after the lights were installed.. it was time to put in the toilet bowls..

Let me just say here that the guy who planned the pipings in the flat is an idiot.. and I blame HDB!

I mean who places the WC stop valve so close to the sewage hole??? It makes it near impossible to install most of toilet bowl designs which usually has a solid flat back that aligns with the wall..

Just look at this..

IMG_20130410_160233_zpsec35c99e.jpg

See what I mean?

IMG_20130410_160247_zps2cd78a32.jpg

Although our toilet bowl had a little bit of clearance at the back (It curves a little and doesn't totally lay flat against the wall), it wasn't enough for the darned protruding valve..

So we had to frantically rush back to the shop that we bought the bowl from to see if they had another design that would work with our toilet setup and see if they were willing to do an exchange..

When we got there.. THERE WAS ONLY 1 FREAKING BOWL THAT FIT THE CRITERIA!!! 1 ONLY!!

IMG_20130410_163653_zps25e17773.jpg

And I had to top up an additional 100 plus for this new bowl times 2 since I also had to change the bowl in the master bedroom toilet.. grrrrr

I guess I should be thankful that we managed to find a replacement bowl that worked.. otherwise we could kiss our money goodbye..

So this is how our toilet looks now..

20130411_183805_zps70fa118d.jpg

549093_10151312610816307_473829769_n.jpg

Toilets

So after the lights were installed.. it was time to put in the toilet bowls..

Let me just say here that the guy who planned the pipings in the flat is an idiot.. and I blame HDB!

I mean who places the WC stop valve so close to the sewage hole??? It makes it near impossible to install most of toilet bowl designs which usually has a solid flat back that aligns with the wall..

Just look at this..

See what I mean?

Although our toilet bowl had a little bit of clearance at the back (It curves a little and doesn't totally lay flat against the wall), it wasn't enough for the darned protruding valve..

So we had to frantically rush back to the shop that we bought the bowl from to see if they had another design that would work with our toilet setup and see if they were willing to do an exchange..

When we got there.. THERE WAS ONLY 1 FREAKING BOWL THAT FIT THE CRITERIA!!! 1 ONLY!!

And I had to top up an additional 100 plus for this new bowl times 2 since I also had to change the bowl in the master bedroom toilet.. grrrrr

I guess I should be thankful that we managed to find a replacement bowl that worked.. otherwise we could kiss our money goodbye..

So this is how our toilet looks now..

20130411_183805_zps70fa118d.jpg

549093_10151312610816307_473829769_n.jpg

pardon me for asking.. how come u got 3 toilets de?

Edited by jus4fun

Hi just4fun.. There's only 2 toilets.. The second toilet pic is a comparison pic of before and after

Haha paiseh eyes kena stamp.. i was actually looking at 1st pic & 2nd pic (left).. still wondering how come look similar & yet different, and thought u kept the other toilet in the 2nd pic (right) in original state.. :P