Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bkok

Bachelor's Retreat

Dear all,

Yes, im back and starting a new topic as the one i created earlier cannot be deleted. I finally know how to post pic on this blog. For those who not familar, you can sign up "ImageShack" and once you upload your image (kindly note no PDF is allow) and copy the "Forum code" in your post!

I have recently bought this 4R simplified corner unit which i can see the potential of this house even though it is quite unsightly. Ha, will post the "before" pics for you guys to take a look once i gotten the key in 4 weeks time.

Below is the floor plan that i bought from HDB which is only $5. You can get it from HDB website and pay thru internet banking. Very convenient.

20130417141207.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Edited by bkok

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi bro! Welcome to RT n looking forward to following ur reno journey! Njoy! =)

Some inspirations from the internet:

screenshot2013041609062.png
screenshot2013041609042.png

I want my home to be warm n cosy. dont like those design that are nice but "cold"...no personal touch....

Edited by bkok

Even though i can only start to renovate end of may, i have already start contacting ID/contractors. Till date, I have found Four :

1) Mr KW

- nice patient guy who is willing to understand my needs and wants. he is a ID+contractor. He proactively tell me i can view his work by going to his recent client place for viewing which i admire his confidence.

2)Mr A

- recommended by a friend. contractor who know his stuff very well! can tell he is not a ID. He is more practical and from one look at my FP, he ask me a lot of questions. Very knowledgeable guy but he is going to set up his business soon. so not sure that will have any impact

3)Ms China lady

- went to this exhibition last week and quote me $20k for everything. such a low price i cannot believe it. i almost faint when she wanted to just draw a "box" of a floor plan. she keep drawing a tiny box and after that she give up and look up to me and say " u know im a designer, i can do it". Faint! She wanted to close the deal on the spot and tell me she can even give me a free carpentry work for my built in warobe for free. I DONT BELIEVE IT! :angry2::no:

4)Ms singapore lady

- was attracted by the exhibition layout of her company. She show me her work online but i bet is very ex. she ask me what is my budget. $50k, $60k or $100k? :wacko: wah lau, my jaw drop. but , i ask her to sent me a quote. nice lady btw.

anyway, havent decide anything yet. I still got time. take it slowly and i know what i want for my house which is important. I need a ID/contractor that understand my needs and of course my budget and who doesnt take me for a ride!!

Edited by bkok

Even though i can only start to renovate end of may, i have already start contacting ID/contractors. Till date, I have found Four :

1) Mr KW

- nice patient guy who is willing to understand my needs and wants. he is a ID+contractor. He proactively tell me i can view his work by going to his recent client place for viewing which i admire his confidence.

2)Mr A

- recommended by a friend. contractor who know his stuff very well! can tell he is not a ID. He is more practical and from one look at my FP, he ask me a lot of questions. Very knowledgeable guy but he is going to set up his business soon. so not sure that will have any impact

3)Ms China lady

- went to this exhibition last week and quote me $20k for everything. such a low price i cannot believe it. i almost faint when she wanted to just draw a "box" of a floor plan. she keep drawing a tiny box and after that she give up and look up to me and say " u know im a designer, i can do it". Faint! She wanted to close the deal on the spot and tell me she can even give me a free carpentry work for my built in warobe for free. I DONT BELIEVE IT! :angry2::no:

4)Ms singapore lady

- was attracted by the exhibition layout of her company. She show me her work online but i bet is very ex. she ask me what is my budget. $50k, $60k or $100k? :wacko: wah lau, my jaw drop. but , i ask her to sent me a quote. nice lady btw.

anyway, havent decide anything yet. I still got time. take it slowly and i know what i want for my house which is important. I need a ID/contractor that understand my needs and of course my budget and who doesnt take me for a ride!!

I'm 'impressed' by Ms China lady's confidence "u know i'm a designer, i can do it" sb funny!! wahaha!! :D

Take all ur time u need to do research bro! I regretted not doing enof...

You always hear people say if the house is yours will be yours. It is so true. I viewed around 7 houses before i decide this one. It was not love at 1st sight but it grew on me. I didnt say yes on the 1st viewing and since i need to travel the next day i dont want to make such a haste decision . After i came back, i dream of this house twice. checked with my agent and she mentioned there is bad n good news. Bad new is it has been taken up but good news is that the buyer cant get a bank loan. Fixed another appointment with the seller agent and having one day of consideration, i finally say yes and the COV was quite reasonable for such a location.

Have already start looking for ID/contractors even though my reno only start in June. Fortunately i start earlier as most of the popular or nice ID's schedule are fully packed (At least they are frank!)

seems like the china lady never reply. ha..only want to close deal on the spot... both 1, 2 and 4 did mentioned they can only come back to me around end may.

now i am going to meet the legendary contractor - Mr "A". let's see...... :notti:

Have not been updating this blog cause im busy like ****. Till date, meet up with 7 ID/contractors and next week one more. I think 8 is enough cause im getting tired of repeating the same thing....lol

I guess when all the quotation are in then i do a comparison. I can sterotype into 3 main characteristics of ID/contractors:

1. Just do it guy - basically, they are technically sound and good workmanship, u just ask them to do and they will follow. But i need more than that as i believe a 2 way communication is always the best.

2. Never listen guy - dont listen to you. Whatever u say is being rejected and keep insisting he/she is right... Strike oFF!

3. Patient and a listener and have a idea if his/her own - This is the type of ID/contractor that im searching for...

Still searching................................... :~