Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MHB

The Great Migration

Hi MHB, congrats on ur successful proposal :jammin: & new flat!! GONG XI GONG XI! 接下来有够你们忙的了! :notti: Njoy the journey! Looking forward to following the building up of ur 爱巢 :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi MHB, congrats on ur successful proposal :jammin: & new flat!! GONG XI GONG XI! 接下来有够你们忙的了! :notti: Njoy the journey! Looking forward to following the building up of ur 爱巢 :)

Hi jus4fun,

Thank you for your well wishes. 现在已经很忙了😬

Reno start in May 😆

Gown choosing in May 😭

Photoshoot in June 😨

It will be a very fruitful 2013...

Nice diamond clock! :)

all the best with your wedding and reno!

I like the diamond clock also, considered 一见钟情。then pocket 破洞....😭

Thank you for your well wishes...

Yesterday, I and my wifey went for the final inspection of the flat and talked to the owner for the first time (owner is stationed oversea and is back for the 2nd appt). He told us that the tiles in both common and MBR toilet was replaced about 9 months ago due to leaking... My mind was thinking " then why choose so Obang tiles, even my parent's flat one look nicer!!!! 😱"

Then another idea just flash before me "maybe I can just overlay new tiles onto these tiles since the condition is still good"

I check with Jiawei and he mentioned that overlaying will build up the height of the floor...

I am okay with a slightly higher toilet floor but I am worry about the unevenness.. Now I am torn between hack and relay or just overlay to save cost!!!!!😓

Then I also realize the air cons are working. The last time I went to the house for measurement taking and tried to fiddle with the air con but could not turn it on. Now, I have bought new air cons and should I just change them????

Looking forward to collect my keys tomorrow!!! 😆

I can understand the excitement bursting especially when you are gonna collect your keys tomorrow! Can't wait to get the action started right?

Welcome to RT.

Congrats on your key collection tmr. Its going to be the most exciting (code word for busy to the max) few months of your life!

Thank you.... Yeah... Looking forward to it

I can understand the excitement bursting especially when you are gonna collect your keys tomorrow! Can't wait to get the action started right?

Yah!!! And then the whole process will start... I just realize you will get your key one day after me!!!

Happy Reno and hope the whole process will be smooth sailing.. Do you start straight away after you get your key???

Hi there! congrats! What a lovely yr of celebrations for u!

Would suggest u to change ur aircon now since u b doing reno to ur resale flat. Save the hassle of future breakdown (servicing of aircon) and getting a new unit few yrs later and hv to endure the hassle.. Thats waa suggested by my colleague who bought a resale three yrs ago and owner told him aircon bought two yrs back. One yr later, lots of monies spent on servicing and finally give up and got a new unit.

Looking forward to ur completed reno journey!

Yah!!! And then the whole process will start... I just realize you will get your key one day after me!!!

Happy Reno and hope the whole process will be smooth sailing.. Do you start straight away after you get your key???

Yes 1 day after you and it has been such an agonizing wait. Have to depend on shopping to distract ourselves with the wait.

Our contractor said he will apply for the permit 1 day later and since there is no hacking of walls, hopefully he can start on 30 April. Or else it has to be after Labour Day :( you?

Yesterday, I and my wifey went for the final inspection of the flat and talked to the owner for the first time (owner is stationed oversea and is back for the 2nd appt). He told us that the tiles in both common and MBR toilet was replaced about 9 months ago due to leaking... My mind was thinking " then why choose so Obang tiles, even my parent's flat one look nicer!!!! "

Then another idea just flash before me "maybe I can just overlay new tiles onto these tiles since the condition is still good"

I check with Jiawei and he mentioned that overlaying will build up the height of the floor...

I am okay with a slightly higher toilet floor but I am worry about the unevenness.. Now I am torn between hack and relay or just overlay to save cost!!!!!

Then I also realize the air cons are working. The last time I went to the house for measurement taking and tried to fiddle with the air con but could not turn it on. Now, I have bought new air cons and should I just change them????

Looking forward to collect my keys tomorrow!!!

Congrats on getting your unit!! It's really exciting to be collecting your key. Remember to roll your pineapple tomorrow. :)

Tiles: If you really concern about the floor being uneven, then just hack & re-lay. Else, if you proceed to overlay and the flooring cannot make it, you'd be bothered every time you look at the floor. Better to spend more to hv peace if mind later.

Aircon: I would prefer to change. Cos I believe aircon is a breeding ground for germs & bacteria. Cannot imagine what germs has already been picked up from the previous owner. Then when switch on, the air will blow out together with the bacteria. Sorry.... I'm a germ-phobic, sometimes bordering on OCD. So I can get really paranoid about re-using certain items from past owners.

Just my tots on the above. End of day, do what makes you comfortable. ;)

Congrats on getting your unit!! It's really exciting to be collecting your key. Remember to roll your pineapple tomorrow. :)

Tiles: If you really concern about the floor being uneven, then just hack & re-lay. Else, if you proceed to overlay and the flooring cannot make it, you'd be bothered every time you look at the floor. Better to spend more to hv peace if mind later.

Aircon: I would prefer to change. Cos I believe aircon is a breeding ground for germs & bacteria. Cannot imagine what germs has already been picked up from the previous owner. Then when switch on, the air will blow out together with the bacteria. Sorry.... I'm a germ-phobic, sometimes bordering on OCD. So I can get really paranoid about re-using certain items from past owners.

I totally agree. If you're planning to stay in this place for a good while, spend the money and do what you need done, because it's going to be much better than wanting to change it later after you move in. Tiles were a must change for us because we couldn't stand the old "obiang" look of the original ones, and the aircon was a must-go because aircons break down whenever, so it's wise to just change it now since you're not living in it yet. Trying to change aircon later after moving in is going to be such a pain.

All the best with your renovation! :)

Yes 1 day after you and it has been such an agonizing wait. Have to depend on shopping to distract ourselves with the wait.

Our contractor said he will apply for the permit 1 day later and since there is no hacking of walls, hopefully he can start on 30 April. Or else it has to be after Labour Day :( you?

For me, it will take about 1 week for HDB to approve the hacking... Cross finger that the wall between my kitchen and the service balony can be hacked.... So, will start about the same time as you...

Hi there! congrats! What a lovely yr of celebrations for u!

Would suggest u to change ur aircon now since u b doing reno to ur resale flat. Save the hassle of future breakdown (servicing of aircon) and getting a new unit few yrs later and hv to endure the hassle.. Thats waa suggested by my colleague who bought a resale three yrs ago and owner told him aircon bought two yrs back. One yr later, lots of monies spent on servicing and finally give up and got a new unit.

Looking forward to ur completed reno journey!

Ok thank you for this piece of valuable advice... I think I will change the air con since I want an air con in my living room too....

Rolling pineapple?? Thank you for your advice... Never think of germs issue... I will change the air con for the peace of mind...