Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Misaki30

Anyone Engage "the Interior Lab" Before?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi fellow forumers,

I'm new here and first time Reno my new condo. Do you guys have any review on below ID companies?

It's really hard for me to do short listing without your feedbacks,

1. Summit (see lots of good reviews in this forum but don't know how's their workmanship)

2. The Interior Lab( didn't see any reviews about this company but really impressed by some of their designs)

3. Inside living

4. Earth living

5.De design

Help is needed here! Really appreciated for your reviews on any of these companies on their design, workmanship, after sale service, price and the reliability of their designers.

Thanks a million!!!

My friend engaged TIL and have just completed their reno this month (Dec 2013). Their feedback is good so I've also recently engaged them. I've also went to my friend's house to check, and the carpentry is good (using blum and its internal coloured PVC. not the typically white internal cheap PVC). They are not cheap but they are not too expensive. No gst. They will start renovating my flat as soon as i get my flat keys.

Guest Brandon Song

I would not recommend. Had my reno done and frustration from beginning till end. They are kind of hard selling, saying that they have "no GST" promotion and limited to a certain number of customers. In the end realised that many of their things are very highly marked-up. Their quote are also very generic and they change to cheapest supplier or alternatives when they can. Co-ordination was bad and not much professional service provided too. I would have been better off using a contractor.

hi, Judlam

I was approached by one of the TIL designers. do you mind pm me your designer's name so i can avoid him/her? many thanks in advance.

Mine was a terrible experience. I have only moved into my flat for about 6 months and below are some of the many issues which I have encountered till date.

1) Tile came off from its original location in the kitchen.

2) Master bedroom toilet door handle came loose and became wobbly. I removed the handle only to realize the workers used hot glue to secure the handle all because the screws were not long enough!

3) Uneven lumps start surfacing around window ledge area (window was replaced by them) and judging by these lumps, it's obviously not a good job done.

4) 2 of the kitchen drawers soft closing mechanism failed, it doesn’t close properly now.

So far, I have only brought issue 1 up to my ID before Christmas and till date, nothing been done. Can't imagine how long I have to wait if I were make known the rest of the issues to them. While I understand no work is perfect and will require touch up here and there. This just prove that their after service is appalling and completely out of order.

During the reno, all my hinges for kitchen and bedroom was replaced (obviously causing the holes to be bigger since the screws on the hinges have to be re-installed), my master bedroom wardrobe had to be worked on 2 times because the color they used was wrong and not what we instructed them prior to installation.

All in all, their workmanship and coordination work is seriously questionable and now, it appears that their after service is just as bad.

In case if you are wondering I am their competitor penning down some bad reviews to drive my business, I am more than happy to show you photos of the above and provide more evidences to prove the authenticity of this review. Just drop me a PM.

Hope the above review helps.

Edited by wrc