Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jesc

My First Home

Well not literally, but this is first time the hubby and I buy something so big and it belongs to us, not our parents. We feel like adults! LOL

This is the floor plan. We chose a 5rm since both of us come from big families, have 2 daughters and another baby on the way (just got to know :P ).

floorplann.jpg

We haven’t collect our keys but sneaked into the construction site one fine Sunday because the main gate was left open wide. We were so skeptical that that new HDB houses will be very small, however we were quite pleased when we saw the actual product. There was a china man cleaning our windows that day because there would be an inspection the following day.

photo2041340922pm.jpg

Gate

photo2041335855pm.jpg

Living Room

photo2041335908pm.jpg

Views from different corners

photo2041335925pm.jpg

Edited by jesc

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

photo2041335848pm.jpg

Kitchen

photo2041335743pm.jpg

Hanger in the service yard

photo2041340313pm.jpg

One of the common rooms

Fast forward 8-10 weeks, I got my HLE approved yesterday!

phot.png

:jammin::jammin::jammin:

Oops, hubby say title should be "OUR first home" instead of "My" :no: but I don't know how to change.

We decided that it's ok as whats mine is his and his, mine. :yeah::yeah:

Alright, I have questions that I hope forummers can help me. We want a brick wall and decided that one piece of wall will be done, however there is this part of the wall that goes in, i dont know how to explain but will attach pictures below. How can i get rid of this dented part because I want my brick wall surface to be straight.

21949803.jpg

87178331.jpg

Thank you for your help.

Lights, lights, lights!

t2ujjcxadaxxxxxxxx69899.jpg

Lights for the children's room is fairly easy, but for the rest of the rooms, toilets and walkways, I'm lost.

Here are some of the lights I like. :)

t2pqcxipbxxxxxxxx100727.jpg

Should I use this for the corridor?

t2srjixnnaxxxxxxxx72981.jpg

This is tentatively for the study area

t2frbcxmjxxxxxxxxx11029.jpg

Isn't this so pretty?

t2blg5xhraxxxxxxxx36871.jpg

Guest Room

Oops, hubby say title should be "OUR first home" instead of "My" :no: but I don't know how to change.

We decided that it's ok as whats mine is his and his, mine. :yeah::yeah:

Alright, I have questions that I hope forummers can help me. We want a brick wall and decided that one piece of wall will be done, however there is this part of the wall that goes in, i dont know how to explain but will attach pictures below. How can i get rid of this dented part because I want my brick wall surface to be straight.

21949803.jpg

87178331.jpg

Thank you for your help.

Hey jesc!

Welcome to RT!

Your house look pretty much like mine, except that mine is a 4-room and yours is 5-room. Nonetheless, the interiors are similar (let me guess, Punggol? Ha!) and even the uneven walls are similar. I really really hate the architect who design these walls, gonna give him/her a tight slap for creating so much trouble for new homeowner like you and I.

Anyway I have given instructions to my ID to do plastering work on one of the wall to even it out so that I can place the headboard of my bed smoothly against the wall.

You can inform your ID of your intention to do a brick wall so that he/she can construct a false partition wall for you, so that the brick wall can be in line with the false wall.

Good luck on your reno and congrats to your pregnancy!

Cheers! :good:

Fast forward another 5 months, my house is almost complete with furniture set in. we collected our keys in july, but only started the renovation in august due to changes and whatnots.

My threaded blog is so neglected that I had to do a search for it. *shame on me* :no:

I shall do a week by week, the reno was not very extensively done, but I now love my new house. We will be moving in by the 1st week of November. :dancingqueen:

week 1

some re-wiring and ceiling works.

shifting the powerpoint plug if not it will be directly above the stove, dont understand why hdb does this kind of designs.

co5j.jpg

living room

8e1k.jpg

dining area cove lights

m7tn.JPG

kitchen bases and tiles done up by end of week 1
ihxf.jpg
yida.jpg
brought along my little daiso chair, so that i can sit whenever i have to spend too long a time in the dusty, empty house. zz
rgu0.jpg

Hahaha! I just realized you mention "Punggol Wave" in your T-blog. :lol:

hihi, yes! is punggol :)

thank you and we went through a lot of headaches for the house. most residents realized that the corridor is too near to our service yard (any spiderman wannabe can just jump into my unit from the corridor), so all the resident contactable came together and sign a petition to do up a privacy barricade to prevent burglary and unwanted attention.

week 2

aircon up, but realized i have to change the placing of the aircon versus the first placing decided for the fan coil blower (which turned out to be a blessing in disguise or else cannot open wardrobe door :no: ). also had to decide if the trunking should go inside or outside of the rooms. i have never made so much decisions in my life.

p11l.jpg

zmrd.jpg

hypt.jpg

40h3.jpg

at the same time, wall is being flushed with calcium silicate.

fx69.jpg

week 3 - 4

craft bricks arrived and went up the wall~! :jammin:

ordered 15 cartons and they came repacked in 8 bigger cartons instead.

3ibv.jpg

isyg.jpg

my sink and its legs

l49q.jpg

d985.jpg

Well not literally, but this is first time the hubby and I buy something so big and it belongs to us, not our parents. We feel like adults! LOL

This is the floor plan. We chose a 5rm since both of us come from big families, have 2 daughters and another baby on the way (just got to know :P ).

floorplann.jpg

We haven’t collect our keys but sneaked into the construction site one fine Sunday because the main gate was left open wide. We were so skeptical that that new HDB houses will be very small, however we were quite pleased when we saw the actual product. There was a china man cleaning our windows that day because there would be an inspection the following day.

photo2041340922pm.jpg

Gate

photo2041335855pm.jpg

Living Room

photo2041335908pm.jpg

Views from different corners

photo2041335925pm.jpg

My house layout are quite similar to yours, also taking a bigger house due to my 3 girls around. Looking towards for more updates!