Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Granitetop

Lengkong Tiga 5I Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

A location which I had looked into when we were flat-hunting. I like the surrounding and the greenery there too. But the COV was atrocious so we decided to try balloting and lady luck was with me and got my current flat in Mei Ling street.

A 5-room flat with high $133K COV, is indeed over top and do feel for you (ref: having little left for renovation) but it is still possible :-)

Congrats on your purchase! And welcome to RT :-)

A location which I had looked into when we were flat-hunting. I like the surrounding and the greenery there too. But the COV was atrocious so we decided to try balloting and lady luck was with me and got my current flat in Mei Ling street.

A 5-room flat with high $133K COV, is indeed over top and do feel for you (ref: having little left for renovation) but it is still possible :-)

Congrats on your purchase! And welcome to RT :-)

hi Kooky!

Looking forward to learn from u guys.

Oh no! ID just called to say HDB permit application is rejected. Must wait till 2nd appt, transfer of ownership,then can apply. :(

Must wait at least 1 week more before can start reno... hope it is still in time to move in before lunar 7th mth...

Oh no! ID just called to say HDB permit application is rejected. Must wait till 2nd appt, transfer of ownership,then can apply. :(

Must wait at least 1 week more before can start reno... hope it is still in time to move in before lunar 7th mth...

OMG! :jawdrop:

Anyway I wish you all the best! Hopefully your renovation can be completed wayyyyyy before the lunar 7th month. :good:

Oh btw, welcome to RT! :thumbs up:

Island hood has very limited range in Singapore. After looking around, lotsa leg work, research and phonecall, realise not the motor suction rate that matters. IT is the design of the hood. The curve is better than straight. Oil absorption rate is more important than motor suction rate. European hood maybe is not design for Asian cooking. Having said that, kitchen will still be oily with or without hood... so..

Summary of Island hood hunt

Bosch 120 cm straight $2499

Smeg 100 cm straight $1999

Smeg 120cm straight $2099

Electrolux 90 cm straight $1820

Aerogaz 90cm curve $869

E**** 90cm curve $890 (saw at Sim Siang Choon)

and we bought Aerogaz!!! Less damage, looks promising...

island hood

Edited by Granitetop

proposed layout

Proposed layout

Revamped the whole kitchen to include the access balcony, added a laundry room and yes I got my island!!!:good:

When comes to renovation, I am also an amateur :-) But this forum is a great place to get insightful info and tips from the experts. I am glad that I have joined this group and there are lots of helpful people.

There are lots of tensions during the reno and lots of hiccups which until to-date we are trying to rectify. However, we have a very devoted contractor who are willing to listen to our feedback and try to get in touch with the various parties to get these rectifications done.

If there is anything which you see from my t-blog which fancy you, feel free to ask away. I will try to provide you contacts (e.g.shops and person-in-charge) for those items we made our purchase.

We are the odd balls though, as we do not engage an FSM to audit our flat, we use colours which some people will not even think of shortlisting and the layout of our flat is purely from our own ideas, lifestyles (e.g. safety for my toddler and practicality of daily usage of our kitchen) in the planning stage.

Hope the renovation will be smooth and you can move-in before the 7th month :-)

Searched high and low for a affordable island hood. Finally found it at Aerogaz. *happy* First big item bought for the reno.

Next on the list:

1. Source for quote for window grilles. (Any recommendation?)
  2. Get quotes for Samsung SBS RSH7UNSL
  3. Get quotes for Rinnai inner flame hood RB-3CG

I have my grilles done by a highly-sought after contractor in this forum. His name is Andy. You can arrange an appointment with him via this thread - "http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/49500-home-aluminium-metal-works/page-4".

The workmanship is not bad and the quoted price is pretty affordable too!

You can try it. :good:

Hi kooky!

You are so right.. this forum got great ppl like u and bengologist who volunteer help me out and many other who share xperience, contacts and bargain. I like the sharing and caring, hope I can contribute to this community as I go along in my reno.

And yes speaking of hiccups... jus got a taste of the hiccups again.. jus realise my hob in the island does not work out as I want to use citygas. HDB cannot run gas pipe underground.. sigh.. :( for a moment I thought the island hood I bought is wasted... but Thank God for my ID.. he came up with another layout.. no island but a 'tombolo'... :P Another hiccups was hearsay that I cannot move the main door to the front from where the recess area was bought... my heart is getting weak even before reno started.. now only wish can do reno properly, less hiccups. move in after lunar 7th mth also can now.. dun wan to rush at the expense of the workmanship...

I have a pre toddler and a post toddler at the moment... enjoying this phase while it last.. and yes! storage, storage, storage!!!

Anyway, really appreciate u and the many who share your reno journey, it reminds me there is light at the end of the tunnel and 'trials make one stronger, hicupps make one wiser'. :yamseng:

When comes to renovation, I am also an amateur :-) But this forum is a great place to get insightful info and tips from the experts. I am glad that I have joined this group and there are lots of helpful people.

There are lots of tensions during the reno and lots of hiccups which until to-date we are trying to rectify. However, we have a very devoted contractor who are willing to listen to our feedback and try to get in touch with the various parties to get these rectifications done.

If there is anything which you see from my t-blog which fancy you, feel free to ask away. I will try to provide you contacts (e.g.shops and person-in-charge) for those items we made our purchase.

We are the odd balls though, as we do not engage an FSM to audit our flat, we use colours which some people will not even think of shortlisting and the layout of our flat is purely from our own ideas, lifestyles (e.g. safety for my toddler and practicality of daily usage of our kitchen) in the planning stage.

Hope the renovation will be smooth and you can move-in before the 7th month :-)

Thanks Bengologist! Will check it out!

:yamseng:

I have my grilles done by a highly-sought after contractor in this forum. His name is Andy. You can arrange an appointment with him via this thread - "http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/49500-home-aluminium-metal-works/page-4".

The workmanship is not bad and the quoted price is pretty affordable too!

You can try it. :good:

Searched high and low for a affordable island hood. Finally found it at Aerogaz. *happy* First big item bought for the reno.

Next on the list:

1. Source for quote for window grilles. (Any recommendation?)
  2. Get quotes for Samsung SBS RSH7UNSL
  3. Get quotes for Rinnai inner flame hood RB-3CG

Update

1. Source for quote for window - in progress-

2. Get quote for Samsung SBS RSH7UNSL

Mustafa: $1999

Zero(Jerome):$1899 http://www.renotalk....ng-machine-etc/

Pari silk:$1888

Mega: $2099

3. Get quote for Rinnai inner flame hood RB-3CG

Retail price:$1450

GAB:$1080

Unilite:$1060

Zero(Jerome): $1025

Pari silk:$1020

Sim Siang Choon:$1200++

In the end I bought both hob and fridge from Mega, Joe at novena matched Parisilk price :dancingqueen: but for fridge he charged an additional $50. :dunno:

Edited by Granitetop

Update

1. Source for quote for window - in progress-

2. Get quote for Samsung SBS RSH7UNSL

Mustafa: $1999

Pari silk:$1888

Mega: $2099

Unilite: called them twice yesterday but did not get back to me as of now

3. Get quote for Rinnai inner flame hood RB-3CG

Retail price:$1450

GAB:$1080

Unilite:$1060

Pari silk:$1020

Sim Siang Choon:$1200++

Hi granitetop,

Mega should be able to match your quote, and sometimes lower.

Hi granitetop,

Mega should be able to match your quote, and sometimes lower.

Oh ok! Will check with mega again then. Thank you