Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Easter

Our Cosy Place In Sengkang :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

haha, ya very hard to find square downlights in TB, not yet received. I just ordered yesterday.

I found star lighting selling 5 Inch 12 W square at $39 (made in china), but no warranty so also no point.

can try buying from JB...cheaper than in singapore and can try to see if they work before paying...

we bought some lights from taobao. Mostly downlights and ceiling lights. But now still haven't decide for the dining area hanging light yet.

We went to star lighting @ hougang to see their hanging light as we cannot visualise the lights from just the pictures in taobao, we shortlist and just left this 2 to finalise haha

single big dining light

3 pieces crystal dining light

we got our LED downlight here

5 inch 12 W

for the 3 pieces crystal dining lights...i have seen quite a number when light-shopping.,...

besides JB, you can try Lights Station and Lite Fusion locally...prices not that expensive and can bargain somemore...

can try buying from JB...cheaper than in singapore and can try to see if they work before paying...

Originally wanted to go tampoi to buy philips led downlights earlier on. Then realised philips has no square led downlights.

hmm i will still go JB to take a look. But in terms of warranty, if got problem. Going to JB to change say 1 x downlight vs just buying another one from taobao china is not much difference lol :bleah:

ya, that's what my friend told me too, but I am not really familiar with jb so didn't get from there in the end

for the 3 pieces crystal dining lights...i have seen quite a number when light-shopping.,...

besides JB, you can try Lights Station and Lite Fusion locally...prices not that expensive and can bargain somemore...

Saw this post too late, I placed my order on Thursday, now can just cross finger hope everything is all right, first time buying from taobao too.

living2_zpseb5e7bfb.jpg

small updates, was informed that they are starting to do the cabinet, fridge and washing machine base for me today. Went there early in the morning because have an appt with the SP guy to activate my electrical and water supply before they can start renovation.

living2_zpseb5e7bfb.jpg

small updates, was informed that they are starting to do the cabinet, fridge and washing machine base for me today. Went there early in the morning because have an appt with the SP guy to activate my electrical and water supply before they can start renovation.

Wow~! I almost mistaken this as my house! Looks super similar! Hahahaha! :lol:

Good luck on the reno! :good:

hi Esther, can share which ID/contractor you engaged? what's your renovation cost? thks.

Hi pinkyceline, ours is Niki from koong yee renovation works, I think they are contractor with ID services, can't find much info on them on renotalk and web also.

Can't comment much on their workmanship until our renovation is completed, at least up to now the progress is still quite good.

Anyway we met up with a lot of contractors/ID like 3D innovative, Lowe Living Concept, D-trenzo Interior, Uni-Sis, Urban interior and some other ID that don't even bother to reply us before committing.

They are not the cheapest among all, but I think most importantly is to click with the ID ba, at least he bother to listen to our needs before proposing and warns us against certain things that may not turn out nice.

Don't know if it is sensitive to post the cost here, maybe I PM you but most of our cost is from carpentry work

Wow~! I almost mistaken this as my house! Looks super similar! Hahahaha! :lol:

Good luck on the reno! :good:

Thanks Ben, haha I think all punggol / sengkang new house all look quite similar, ya went to our friend house in punggol all look the same :D

Your reno also going to complete soon, looking forward to see more pics of your completed works

Went to got our kitchen sink and tap from IMM yesterday, as we already worked out an ideal size for our sink, we narrowed down to look under Sim Siang Choon & Hoe Kee. Initially intended to get a ROZ stainless sink @ $145 from hoe kee, but after we went to Sim Siang Choon, found they have a promotion for a similar size sink at $99.85, thus we got it at Sim Siang Choon with a simple tap @ $38.

Total damage: around $140

Next on shopping list: Dining table, TV and sofa set :notti:

Now pending our items from taobao, estimated arrival date should be 18 June 2013 :)

sink_zps5153eb0d.jpg

Originally wanted to go tampoi to buy philips led downlights earlier on. Then realised philips has no square led downlights.

hmm i will still go JB to take a look. But in terms of warranty, if got problem. Going to JB to change say 1 x downlight vs just buying another one from taobao china is not much difference lol :bleah:

I didnt buy from tampoi as they dont have cool white for downlight for the design i want...so end up buying at another light shop nearer to causeway....

yes...maybe not much diff....but do note that when you buy in JB, you get to see the staff test all the lights that you purchased on the spot so if there is any faulty ones, you can reject and change.

for taobao, you wouldnt know until you received and tested them.

i buy from JB and test every single lights and change all that are faulty or wrong color on the spot.

ya, that's what my friend told me too, but I am not really familiar with jb so didn't get from there in the end

Saw this post too late, I placed my order on Thursday, now can just cross finger hope everything is all right, first time buying from taobao too.

ah...yes..i also not familiar with JB....lucky, get my bro to drive me around since he drove to JB before.

yes, taobao stuffs really cheap and i am tempted as well but i end up running over all singapore lights shops first before deciding...all the best. :)