Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Been loitering around renotalk for months, we are finally starting reno this week and I'm very excited to share the process here.

Humble 4-room BTO in B. Panjang :thumbs up:

It will just be a simple renovation for our new home. We didn't engage an ID. So this is a self-designed project to keep the costs low.

Floor Plan

floorplan_zpsc10d9d2b.jpg

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Been loitering around renotalk for months, we are finally starting reno this week and I'm very excited to share the process here.

Humble 4-room BTO in B. Panjang :thumbs up:

It will just be a simple renovation for our new home. We didn't engage an ID. So this is a self-designed project to keep the costs low.

Floor Plan

floorplan_zpsc10d9d2b.jpg

Welcome to Renotalk!

All the best for your reno! Do share with us any reno problem you encounter since you are not looking for an ID, we Renotalkers can help you to brainstorm for solutions.

Cheeeeers! :)

Thanks!

Hacking and some wall works for brick wall starts today. :)

Service yard is the only wall that we're hacking away.

FE08C2AD-31D1-48ED-99A6-1D0557B4DD37-329

7767CC0F-5746-4A2D-BB8A-7CE30B8990A5-329

Edited by mrsyap

yes I needed PE endorsement. Cos HDB refused to approve even though it stated on the floor plan that it was hack-able. A couple of hundreds gone just like that. :angry2:

yes, my contractor told me on the floor plan no black bold line means that wall can be hacked. But beams does not show on floor plan i realized. So you won't not know until you ask contractor or HDB. Or maybe more experienced renotalkers can advise you...haha I'm really no master in this.

If I'm not wrong, those darker black lines on the floorplan means absolutely no hacking of the walls.

For other parts of the house, I think it's hackable as long as it won't cause much disruption/accident.

Anyway I think you let other renotalkers enlighten you, I'm also not skilled in this aspect. :dunno:

mess starting to form in the living room.

838CA4C5-0CFD-4756-B59A-713DA569D55C-392

Opted out of tiles and doors for the BTO.

Picked out floor tiles from Soon Bee Huat (on the right)

F0B425AC-6DB6-4B29-AE18-2059DCD397B0-355

Overall, it will be white and wood theme for the house - skewed towards the scandinavian theme.

While people engaged ID and followed their advice wholeheartedly, we followed our feng shui master's advice wholeheartedly haha....

We need a lot of wood element for our home so it really fits in well with what we have in mind. Some examples like we asked if we could do cement screed but were STRONGLY discouraged, so we left that option out. We needed kitchen walls to be in green, so we are also overlaying the entire kitchen wall tiles with a green-blue shade tiles when we initially wanted to leave it white. Hope it turns out okay!

Edited by mrsyap

• Like 1

Teofamily, thanks for yr kind words :)

sharing what will be done for the various areas in simple form.

kitchen area

hack service yard

Install windows and grilles

customized kitchen cabinets with kompacplus top

overlay entire kitchen and service yard walls with blue/green tiles

dining/living/bedrooms area

full height shoe cabinet

lay wood grain tiles

2 feature brick walls

master/common bathrooms

overlay shower area wall tiles

change all default sanitary ware (WC, tap, sink, showerhead)

Bedroom and bathroom doors

Aircon installations

Now that I'm typing this out, it does seem like there isn't much reno works. lol.

We did not custom make much stuffs cos firstly it's costly and we don't really want customized carpentry unless necessary like the shoe cabinet with specific measurements. We prefer to have the flexibility to change as and when and not feel heart pain to change out in future when family formation changes. So we are channeling the funds to be used for other furniture instead.

Updates:

Doing up electricals this week with aircon installations following soon by this week.

Tiler is busy now so can only start work next week.

This kitchen is a place in the entire house that we are most excited about.

hacked away svc yard walls and now it's feeling quite spacious for the time-being.

62AD1302-D930-4240-8C5C-3622A9EFE21A-570

inspired by this kitchen pix googled online. love the clean lines, white and spacious feel.

13BF38B7-269D-4CE1-A121-36121AE7B4E6-392

Our kitchen initial draft (couldnt find the finalised pic but looks close)

377B316E-BD21-4987-9FE6-A2DFB5459C62-590

Have also bought our main kitchen appliances. :P

Hitachi Fridge

947FA033-45E5-4B39-941F-2C780717EEA9-590

Bosch Oven

D1F9C454-A8C8-4D24-B5AC-39B5110C709B-590

Electrolux Hob

A7D210AF-D9C5-407E-9818-E7AB1F329DD1-590

Intending to get a Rinnai Chimney Hood from fellow forumer Zero.

Edited by mrsyap

Have also bought our main kitchen appliances. :P

Hitachi Fridge

947FA033-45E5-4B39-941F-2C780717EEA9-590

Bosch Oven

D1F9C454-A8C8-4D24-B5AC-39B5110C709B-590

Electrolux Hob

A7D210AF-D9C5-407E-9818-E7AB1F329DD1-590

Intending to get a Rinnai Chimney Hood from fellow forumer Zero.

Hi

MAy I know where u bought e hob n bosch oven. How much. The hob is tempered glass type rite?

Thank you

hi, we bought them from harvey norman millenia walk. it was a couple of months back already so I can't remember exactly how much coz the invoice only stated a lump sum (so odd). but total bill came up to slightly over 1k. I think maybe it's abt 300+ for hob and 600+ for oven? :)

hi, we bought them from harvey norman millenia walk. it was a couple of months back already so I can't remember exactly how much coz the invoice only stated a lump sum (so odd). but total bill came up to slightly over 1k. I think maybe it's abt 300+ for hob and 600+ for oven? :)

Hi

Ok. Wil go tk alook.

Thks