Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
art00609

Our "too Fast, Too Tiny" 4 Rm @punggol

We had gained lotsa useful ideas in here and now, we can FINALLY start our own blog to share with all. :)

We thought that we would get the house end of this year or early next year but it came earlier than expected. Both of us were totally unprepared for it and still are, up till now!

So, now we shall slowly update the blog and at the same time...calm ourselves too ;)

As a start, a BIG thank you to Paloma & Bigbull as both of you are our "house inspirations" :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We shall start off with our floorplan which is the basic thing to do. :D

gallery_46790_34_7440.jpg

As you can see, it's a typical tiny 4 room @Punggol but for both of us, we think it's sufficient enough...

Edited by art00609

In terms of "Too fast"...

Let me elaborate:

We both were well prepared to get the house later this year :rolleyes: but when we realised

that we were getting it last month, CHAOS!! :blink:

No holidays, no shoppings, no online shoppings...all have to be kept for RENO...

In terms of "Too tiny"...

It was indeed tiny but quite airy and bright even though it is surrounded by other blocks...well, this is indeed our HOME truly :wub:

In terms of "Reno",

Due to our work schedules, we do not have the luxury of time to find quotations.

However, I was really into the designs of Paloma & Bigbull houses.

Thus, the search for Mr K began. I was told that he is not that fluent in English, more of Chinese speaking...oh NO!! :(

I can roughly understand Chinese but can't really speak it fluently.

And to please my parents, we sourced for another reno company...

However, my hubby found the fella "too pleasing" as everything that I wanted, he agreed to them without any hesitations.

So, the search for Mr K continues...till we managed to find him! :D

I was glad that he could speak abit of Malay so our communication is a mixture of English and Malay...and sometimes abit of Chinese.

I find him to be rather straightforward and funny also. With him, I somehow have the assurance that everything is going to be all right.

So, now...let's hope that our reno journey will be as smooth as our "first" meeting... ;)

Edited by art00609

Well, with Mr K,

You better don't expect any 3D for your own reference. So, what did we all ended up doing when we were discussing with him about what we want for our HOME...

The 3 of US ended up drawing on the wall!! :P

gallery_46790_34_14208.jpg

The above drawings were for the kitchen and part of the bedroom.

It was indeed FUN :paint: to scribble on the wall so anything that I want to add in, I just use my pencil and draw on the wall.

Mr K often updates me with whatsapp pictures and calls to seek my approval for anything that he is doing. :D Hmmm, more of me "disturbing" him almost all the time with..."Any new updates?" or "What are you going to do today?" :rolleyes:

Well so far so good...only I realised that I am more "superstitious" than Mr K.

Told him that I want all the major renos in my house to be done before the start of the Hungry Ghost festival and also my stove and sink should not be beside or facing each other.

He even said that I am more "pantang" than he is. :no:

Well, I can't help it as my best friends have influenced me :lol:

So, all the best to me and to Mr K too ;)

Edited by art00609

Hey congrats!

We're with k too! He is indeed good rite?

But why is it that you get updates with watsapp pics and we get none!! Hmm....must complain Liao haha

Mr K is very good cos so far, we have never heard negative feedback of his service and workmanship! A pity that his quote for our resale flat is higher than the other contractors or else we will surely go with him.

Hey congrats!

We're with k too! He is indeed good rite?

But why is it that you get updates with watsapp pics and we get none!! Hmm....must complain Liao haha

Hi macuser77,

I think i bother him too much with all my whatsapp...asking him to send me pictures and all...

Maybe tt's y he cannot stand my whatsapp's "nagging" that he did it "voluntarily :P

Mentioned to him about your house too...told him that he was very efficient with ur place so i expect the same for mine too...

Heheheh think I stressed him out cos I told him I read renotalk often k...eheeh

He was d one who urged me to start a blog here...hehehe :D

Good luck on your reno ! Things happen in life when we least expect it, but always good to make lemon soda out of it !

Thank you mrmerry,

Love your blog cos have the point of view of both mr & mrs. I am one of your fans :D

Yup, hopefully all these are blessings in disguise :)

Mr K is very good cos so far, we have never heard negative feedback of his service and workmanship! A pity that his quote for our resale flat is higher than the other contractors or else we will surely go with him.

Mk- I don't think yours is that bad lar. Have been quietly stalking your blog and I see that A managed to hand over in Time right? In any case it was a good learning experience to prepare you for future renos right? Can empathize with you as We had a hard time with our first Reno. But it was a gd exp cos we are so wise now! Hehe

Hi Makanology,

His quote is abit high from what I heard but since his designs are the ones that I want...

I feel that it's better for me to get him...so far so good...very funny fella actually :o despite his serious outlook and forgetful too but oklah cos he got lotsa pjts...

Maybe tt's y I keep bothering him to remind him :lol:

Edited by art00609

Hi macuser77,

I think i bother him too much with all my whatsapp...asking him to send me pictures and all...

Maybe tt's y he cannot stand my whatsapp's "nagging" that he did it "voluntarily :P

Mentioned to him about your house too...told him that he was very efficient with ur place so i expect the same for mine too...

Heheheh think I stressed him out cos I told him I read renotalk often k...eheeh

He was d one who urged me to start a blog here...hehehe :D

Yes he is stressing me out again. Today I went up and I saw the doors are up and painting has commenced! Too fast as usual!

Btw my hubs is a fan of pinkwhale. Whenever mr k asks him what he wants, he will ask that he do what he did to pinkwhale's house.

And yes he is very forgetful!! He even admitted it! Lol

Pls post pics of your reno!

Edited by macuser77

Hi hi, no lah A hasn't handed over to us but as our lease ended last month, so we moved in first. Only met the carpenter today for our kitchen cabinet. Window grills also up today but we still don't have a main gate yet!

Yes he is stressing me out again. Today I went up and I saw the doors are up and painting has commenced! Too fast as usual!

Btw my hubs is a fan of pinkwhale. Whenever mr k asks him what he wants, he will ask that he do what he did to pinkwhale's house.

Pls post pics of your reno!

Wah your hubby is a fan of pinkwhale...my hubby is a fan of paloma :good:

So the same reaction, whatever he did for paloma, my hubby wants...

Yup, will post my reno pixs...jz recently started...

but he very fast...called me up and asked then within the day, done...hehee

now he is doing the base of my kitchen cabinets...i think...

After all the drawings on the wall,

our reno actually started the moment HDB approved of the hacking of the walls...

Mr K was actually with us, discussing about the house when I told him that it was approved.

He immediately drew out the part that needed to be hacked away...and all these were done on a Saturday :good:

gallery_46790_34_26912.jpg

Later in the evening, we brought our family to view our house and was shocked to find one of Mr K's men with

his tools getting ready to "slice" out that part of the wall...too fast for us! :jawdrop:

Well, apparently he was getting ready the wall to be hacked on weekdays...fast, fast...FAST! ;)

Edited by art00609