Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:40 PM, snoozee said:

I'm not sure if the existing architect need to resign/discharge himself from your project. If he has to do so then you would most probably need to appoint another architect to take over since yours is a rebuilt project which needs an architect to be involved. 

Best is that you call up the PE first and ask him about this as well since they would be more familiar with the various regulations and requirements. 

Hi! Snoozee,

Just an update that the architect who signed off the drawings has finally agreed to follow through and the TOP Inspection is scheduled on 2nd November 2017.

I just hope everything turns out well

By the way, what should be the reasonable absolute reconstruction cost for a 3 storey corner terrace with attic on land of 5,300 sq ft and 7,500 sq ft?

Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
1 hour ago, airman said:

Hi! Snoozee,

Just an update that the architect who signed off the drawings has finally agreed to follow through and the TOP Inspection is scheduled on 2nd November 2017.

I just hope everything turns out well

By the way, what should be the reasonable absolute reconstruction cost for a 3 storey corner terrace with attic on land of 5,300 sq ft and 7,500 sq ft?

Thanks

Glad you sorted this issue out. :D

cost wise I can't really give a comment as every project comes with it's own challenges and how the owner negotiates on the professional fees and what materials and finishing is used for the house. your 2.8M sound quite expensive but again, I do not know what is involved. based on an average construction cost of 300psf, your 7500spf build up will cost about 2.25m so the balance of 0.55M for government and professional fees is way too much. unless your architect is some famous architect, then your architect and PE fees should not exceed 100K. best is you look at your cost breakdown and then decide.

unfortunately since you had already signed on the quotations and such, I'm not sure what recourse you have even if you feel that you are over charged for your project.

in case you're wondering where the magical $300psf is derived from, it's based on data from quarterly construction costs from this website. http://www.langdonseah.com/en/sg/publications/filter/all/sg

13 hours ago, snoozee said:

Glad you sorted this issue out. :D

cost wise I can't really give a comment as every project comes with it's own challenges and how the owner negotiates on the professional fees and what materials and finishing is used for the house. your 2.8M sound quite expensive but again, I do not know what is involved. based on an average construction cost of 300psf, your 7500spf build up will cost about 2.25m so the balance of 0.55M for government and professional fees is way too much. unless your architect is some famous architect, then your architect and PE fees should not exceed 100K. best is you look at your cost breakdown and then decide.

unfortunately since you had already signed on the quotations and such, I'm not sure what recourse you have even if you feel that you are over charged for your project.

in case you're wondering where the magical $300psf is derived from, it's based on data from quarterly construction costs from this website. http://www.langdonseah.com/en/sg/publications/filter/all/sg

Actual fact is that I did not sign on any quotation or contract due to some sort of trust and I have some balance amount to pay.

But the delay of almost 3.5 years; partly due to the contractor's recommended "architect" (who is only a draughtsman) and the feeling of kena "chopped carrot-head" makes me thinking of claiming damages from this contractor.

Do you think I have a case against this contractor?

8 minutes ago, airman said:

Actual fact is that I did not sign on any quotation or contract due to some sort of trust and I have some balance amount to pay.

But the delay of almost 3.5 years; partly due to the contractor's recommended "architect" (who is only a draughtsman) and the feeling of kena "chopped carrot-head" makes me thinking of claiming damages from this contractor.

Do you think I have a case against this contractor?

unfortunately if you have no proper signed contract or quotation for the works the avenues for recourse is almost zero. for proper construction projects, there will always be a quotation for the works with what is included/excluded, etc and most importantly a schedule of when the project should be completed otherwise LD would be imposed on the contractor.

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:25 PM, snoozee said:

unfortunately if you have no proper signed contract or quotation for the works the avenues for recourse is almost zero. for proper construction projects, there will always be a quotation for the works with what is included/excluded, etc and most importantly a schedule of when the project should be completed otherwise LD would be imposed on the contractor.

An update of the TOP inspection yesterday morning; the BCA Inspector requested for the Structural Plans C1, C2 & C3 which the "so called" architect claimed that he needed probably a month to get it and this is where I blew my top. In addition, the following are yet to be submitted:

1) Fire Certificate                                                                                                                                                       

2) NEA Clearance Certificate                                                                                                                                    

3) PUB Clearance Certificate                                                                                                                                    

4) LTA Clearance Certificate                                                                                                                                 

5) NParks Clearance Certificate                                                                                                                           

6) Bomb Shelter Certificate

I checked with the company doing the structural plans and this is what they said "we submitted the asbuilt piling but the officer asking for ecc, we had requested from both builder and peck brothers but they haven’t get back to us. So the asbuilt submissions are superseded."

Now the real architect (who was there yesterday) remains uncontactable again.

Back to square one again.....

17 hours ago, airman said:

An update of the TOP inspection yesterday morning; the BCA Inspector requested for the Structural Plans C1, C2 & C3 which the "so called" architect claimed that he needed probably a month to get it and this is where I blew my top. In addition, the following are yet to be submitted:

1) Fire Certificate                                                                                                                                                       

2) NEA Clearance Certificate                                                                                                                                    

3) PUB Clearance Certificate                                                                                                                                    

4) LTA Clearance Certificate                                                                                                                                 

5) NParks Clearance Certificate                                                                                                                           

6) Bomb Shelter Certificate

I checked with the company doing the structural plans and this is what they said "we submitted the asbuilt piling but the officer asking for ecc, we had requested from both builder and peck brothers but they haven’t get back to us. So the asbuilt submissions are superseded."

Now the real architect (who was there yesterday) remains uncontactable again.

Back to square one again.....

Won't say it's back to square one as now at least you know what else is needed for TOP.

not sure what else you can do to force them to do their work. I'm assuming that you do not have receipts/invoices of the payments you've made to any party till now since you mentioned there's no proper contract/quotation for the entire project. Even if you decide to bring up a civil suit against them, with no paperwork it's hard to bring up a case. 

The last option (which might be viable) is to find an architect who is willing to take over this last part of the project, then get the original architect who signed on the drawings to resign/discharge himself from the project. Whether you want to lodge a formal complaint with BOA against this guy is then up to you. 

3 hours ago, snoozee said:

Won't say it's back to square one as now at least you know what else is needed for TOP.

not sure what else you can do to force them to do their work. I'm assuming that you do not have receipts/invoices of the payments you've made to any party till now since you mentioned there's no proper contract/quotation for the entire project. Even if you decide to bring up a civil suit against them, with no paperwork it's hard to bring up a case. 

The last option (which might be viable) is to find an architect who is willing to take over this last part of the project, then get the original architect who signed on the drawings to resign/discharge himself from the project. Whether you want to lodge a formal complaint with BOA against this guy is then up to you. 

Hi! Snoozee,

Are you able to recommend a reliable architect willing to take over?

Now my priority is to get the TOP done and move in.

Lodging a complaint with the BOA will take time and is not going to resolve the TOP issue but I will certainly consider to do so after the TOP is done.

Thanks.

On 6/26/2013 at 4:58 PM, pantieileen said:

I'm happy with my builder. 2yr after moving in, little things that need help i can still call and expect his workers to turn up in 30min even as late as 9-10pm!

PM me if you need my builder contacts but i think it's somewhere in this forum.

can u pls share your builder's contact?

A post by Ateng above regarding RM FALCON. I fell for the same scam and the company name is now MK BUILDERS.  RAJEN'S MOBILE number is +65 8781 8020.

He used the same modus operandi and even said "you think lah...where got this kind of price for this type of work"  he even mentioned..."you are not sharp enough"...meaning I wasn't vigilant with his crooked ways. 

2018-12-16 17.05.08.png

On 6/29/2013 at 1:42 AM, ateng said:

Check below: it is my previous post on RM FALCON that google cached. you can clearly see that it has since been removed!

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:BvcyErcBjV8J:www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/60883-rm-falcon-builders-be-careful/+&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=sg

Ateng, please call me. I just emailedyou. Rajen just claimed another victim...me