Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi all,

Have been reading this forum sliently till now that I am soon to embark on my rebuild process. A very informative forum for a new house owner like me. I thought of starting this thread for the list of irresponsible builders/ bad builders that being house owners ourselves has come across. I guess it always good to warn one another who are the builders that we should avoid.

In my midst of reseraching on the builders, I read this blog (luckily) and I feel that it should be shared just in case anyone falls into the trap again. http://rmfalconscam.blog.com/

Please feel free to addd on to the list if you have any encounters with any other bad builders as reference for future fellow forumers to avoid.

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Sometime it is a builder problem and sometime it is an Architect problem. It also depend on luck. My builders are ok and responsible, cant say the same for the architect. PM me if you need more information on the architect.

A check on Building Construction Authority (BCA) reveal the contractor to be a "Licensed Builder" but not Registered Contractor.

Licensed Builder can be registered easily with minimum paid-up capital while a Registered Contractor will have, in addition to being a Licensed Builder, addition of proper qualified person with minimum Diploma with at least 5 years experience.

A Licensed Builder cannot sign any formal documents for Authorities submission. Only a Registered Builder can (ie: Builder's Certificate, Permit To Commence Works, MOM Factory License, etc)

Hence it'll be wise for all to check on BCA directory for the contractor's grading at http://dir.bca.gov.sg/ before confirming the job to the contractor.

That's really one good point to take note of when engaging a builder.

From what I read in the blog its seems that this pro-claimed builder is out to cheat with his tactics, glad the blogger actually posted a photo of him cos I believe builders can just start up another company since you mentioned it's so easy to be a BCA licensed builder and continue his cheating.

I'm happy with my builder. 2yr after moving in, little things that need help i can still call and expect his workers to turn up in 30min even as late as 9-10pm!

PM me if you need my builder contacts but i think it's somewhere in this forum.

this is a picture of the scammer. Rajendran s/o Manickam. he is operating as RM falcon these days. but other known companies are thaj homes, reijk international, rejk, homeway.. please leave a comment on: www.rmfalconscam.blogspot.sg it seems that admin here are buddies with Rajendran s/o Manickam as they delete any post related to RM FALCON. we gotta fight back! and protect potential victims.

photo+1.PNG

Hi all, need to feedback and get some feedback, appointed a ID that did the renovation for my friend in West area condo.

He did his master bedroom toilet, study room, wardrobe for common room and also kitchen (design by his brother not ID).

I like her kitchen very much so did the same renovation, I use the same ID which my friend ask me don't use, copy his design and ask other to quote.

I think since the ID just complete the renovation he should be able to deliver same or better result.

The ID quoted me $24k for kitchen and 1 set of build in wardrobe, my friend show me her invoice that the kitchen he was paying is around $17k.

I know I have paid more but since I am doing kitchen only so maybe the ID need to mark up a bit.

But the whole renovation is night mare to me, I was told that he will try to complete in 1 month time. So my wife and baby move out to in law place and wait for the reno to complete while I stop my job for 1 month (self employed). End up the renovation took nearly 2 months to complete with a lot of item redo at least 2 to 4 times.

The renovation start 1st week of May and complete 1 July with outstanding redo job for just a kitchen and wardrobe.

The ID came to my place 5 times, 4 times is to collect payment and 5th time is bcos the worker drill thru water pipe.

I neg with him the price of $24k as his standard is too low to worth this amount, he agree and drop $2000 off.

Now I am going to pay the balance 10% and which I feel super unhappy.

Problem:

#1. Rehack the floor 4 times due to the worker did not change the spoil tile

#2. Hack the electric cable once and 2 times water pipe

#3. Wardrobe redo unknow time which took 1.5 month to complete (Poor standard)

#4. Quoted $950 for electric but all lights and switches is bought by myself due to I want those with LED on it

#5. Kitchen cabinet wrong measure but I accept it since is already done in factory (Reject will take longer time)

#6. Try to use washing machine, all water flow out due to cement all throw into the drain

#7. Waiting for contractor to come and daily did only 1 job (that why take nearly 2 months)

#8. When problem happen cannot get thru the phone until I call his boss to give me answer

#9. Every redo job I need to clean up the house as all most the worker only do the job and run as fast as he could

#10. Kitchen tile uneven for a few pieces

Overall I believe is due to this ID, cannot be bother about the renovation and assume that his contractor can do the job correctly.

Should I go and make complain to his boss or just pay him and byebye to him.

I will not share the company detail but the company is location at West (Jurong East MRT is the nearest)

Hi,

May be you can write a complain in to the boss. As ID myself I do advise that to my clients. If you have any issue with me or my work you can make a complain to the project manager or my boss.

If you see the rational,the company is just backing up the ID with financial and contacts of contractor. And they do the same for other IDs on the company. Eventually wen clients complaint, they will use the company name together with the IDs name. So the reputation of the company got spoil because of him. So of course the boss will take this matter as serious and moreover if you tell him that u going to give a bad review in all reno forums.

From there there are chance for you to get reduction for that 10% or may be even waived off. Please do share your updates on this issue. Thanks.

Sometimes I just feel that house owners are just at the mercy of all these unscruplous contractors/ architects who are out to con after having paid up so much upfront but none was completed. I believe there are more cases out there but it was never brought to light for the fear of inviting more trouble. Just saw the comments on the blog from all the various owners talking about their experience. Really scary!

Edited by ticktocktick

Hi all, need to feedback and get some feedback, appointed a ID that did the renovation for my friend in West area condo.

He did his master bedroom toilet, study room, wardrobe for common room and also kitchen (design by his brother not ID).

I like her kitchen very much so did the same renovation, I use the same ID which my friend ask me don't use, copy his design and ask other to quote.

I think since the ID just complete the renovation he should be able to deliver same or better result.

The ID quoted me $24k for kitchen and 1 set of build in wardrobe, my friend show me her invoice that the kitchen he was paying is around $17k.

I know I have paid more but since I am doing kitchen only so maybe the ID need to mark up a bit.

But the whole renovation is night mare to me, I was told that he will try to complete in 1 month time. So my wife and baby move out to in law place and wait for the reno to complete while I stop my job for 1 month (self employed). End up the renovation took nearly 2 months to complete with a lot of item redo at least 2 to 4 times.

The renovation start 1st week of May and complete 1 July with outstanding redo job for just a kitchen and wardrobe.

The ID came to my place 5 times, 4 times is to collect payment and 5th time is bcos the worker drill thru water pipe.

I neg with him the price of $24k as his standard is too low to worth this amount, he agree and drop $2000 off.

Now I am going to pay the balance 10% and which I feel super unhappy.

Problem:

#1. Rehack the floor 4 times due to the worker did not change the spoil tile

#2. Hack the electric cable once and 2 times water pipe

#3. Wardrobe redo unknow time which took 1.5 month to complete (Poor standard)

#4. Quoted $950 for electric but all lights and switches is bought by myself due to I want those with LED on it

#5. Kitchen cabinet wrong measure but I accept it since is already done in factory (Reject will take longer time)

#6. Try to use washing machine, all water flow out due to cement all throw into the drain

#7. Waiting for contractor to come and daily did only 1 job (that why take nearly 2 months)

#8. When problem happen cannot get thru the phone until I call his boss to give me answer

#9. Every redo job I need to clean up the house as all most the worker only do the job and run as fast as he could

#10. Kitchen tile uneven for a few pieces

Overall I believe is due to this ID, cannot be bother about the renovation and assume that his contractor can do the job correctly.

Should I go and make complain to his boss or just pay him and byebye to him.

I will not share the company detail but the company is location at West (Jurong East MRT is the nearest)

Just did complete remodelling of our other condo in east coast which we tenanted it out, 3 bedroom condo.

1) complete overhaul of kitchen, can't remember the dimention but it was $120/sqft spent 5k excluding hood, hob oven stove etc

2) complete overhaul of 2 toilet, rehack and retile with glass screen 5k for each toilet

3) revarnish parquet floor for 3bedroom

4) rewire electricity (it was an old fashion condo about 20yo) everything conceal

5) redo aircon for whole place

6) redo false ceiling

everything done swee swee in 1month coz new tenant move request to move in. We paid 50% deposit upon confirmation, everything cash afterwards. Went over to monitor every weekend. Guess our contractor was reliable and don't dare to cheat us coz we have a 4-6condo units that require remodelling every now and then. Doing another condo unit next month in the west, Korean tenants are horrible and i tot they are civilized...

One more to avoid - Qwik Built Tech - run by this Chua couple.

This couple touts the benefits of light weight steel but they have absolutely no clue on how to build a house.

Their modus operandi is similar to this Indian gentleman above - and they abandoned our project halfway, leaving

us high and dry with no place to stay.

Unless we spent more money using legal means to chase after them, the police is helpless to our cause.,

Be aware.

Edited by buckrogers

Buckrogers,

Sorry to hear about your case. Any photos/pic of them so that we can avoid them? These scammers can easily fold their companies and open up a brand new one the hide their misdeeds.