Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Gracemagg

#thechewscorner @ Punggol Waves

After 2 years+ of waiting, fiancé and I finally received our keys to our 4 room BTO flat on 7th June 2013 :)

We weren't in a hurry to move in so we decided to take our time with the renovations; also because our wedding is in 1 December 2013 and we're afraid that finances might be a bit tight.

But last week, we met with one interior designer (Spacious Planners @ IMM) and one contractor (the much recommended Mr K from renotalk), and fiancé and I started getting excited with the renovations and all. In the end, we might just start our renovations earlier and hopefully, have the house ready by November 2013 :P

*rubs hands with glee*

Here's the floor-plan of my little home which I call TCC - The Chews Corner

9120907791_70218f4433_z.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

welcome to RT...v hv very much similar floor plan :)

HAHA I think most new BTO more or less the same; cos HDB use this floor-plan as a cookie-cutter.

Corridor

9123174750_d6d83f6d70_z.jpg

Kitchen

9123172962_b01ab17bbb_z.jpg

View from my service yard

9120952487_823f05c6d3_z.jpg

Hello fellow Punggolian!

Welcome to Renotalk! :lol:

Is that really the view from the service yard? It looks very X 1470148781904791047902790278902571054 gorgeous! :thumbs up:

welcome to RT!

I like the view from your service yard! :sport-smiley-004:

It is so picturesque, for a moment I thought it was an artist impression.

Hi Grace,

Envious that you have collected your keys as I am still waiting for mine (Punggol Emerald).

May i know when did you receive the letter from HDB that you can collect keys on 7 Jun? I am also having a 4-Room flat and layout is similar to yours.

welcome to RT and good luck! i see u opted out of the tiles n doors. Good decision! :D

HAHA Yes! I did so because I didn't like the tiles and doors that HDB provided.. Anyway, good thing we opted out because some of the other punggol waves residents are complaining about the defects in tiles and doors when they collected their keys :/

Hello fellow Punggolian!

Welcome to Renotalk! :lol:

Is that really the view from the service yard? It looks very X 1470148781904791047902790278902571054 gorgeous! :thumbs up:

LOL yes it is! Yea this is my favorite view in my house. Too bad this view can only be seen from the service yard and not the main living room.

welcome to RT, haha now all BTO floorplan all look so similar. Good luck to your reno :yamseng:

Thank you! :)

welcome to RT!

I like the view from your service yard! :sport-smiley-004:

It is so picturesque, for a moment I thought it was an artist impression.

Thanks thanks! :D

Hi Grace,

Envious that you have collected your keys as I am still waiting for mine (Punggol Emerald).

May i know when did you receive the letter from HDB that you can collect keys on 7 Jun? I am also having a 4-Room flat and layout is similar to yours.

Hi aurora83, I received the letter on 29 May, but quickly contacted the HDB officer because I wasn't able to produce my marriage cert for the key collection appt. Fortunately, they managed to defer my marriage cert submission and allowed us to collect the keys first :D

Sorry for the late reply guys, have been traveling alot lately. Anyway, fiance and I are still looking around for contractors / ID that are can suit our budget of 30K. Hopefully, we can do so before end of July and start our renovations soon! *excited*

Alas! We finally found a contractor and he is none other than Mr. K who has been quite popular in the renotalk t-blog chat forum :)

Without further ado, here is a sneak peek to Day 2's renovation (today).

9502771980_ee6f3c2ecf_z.jpg

Things done / in progress:

1. Hacking of kitchen wall

2. Air-Con piping

3. False ceiling

4. Living Room wall partition

5. Electrical Wiring

More updates tomorrow!

Edited by Gracemagg

hi Gracemagg,

u got Mr K for your house...definitely u will have an enjoyable reno just like me :D

enjoy the process, cos now i miss "irritating" him ;)