Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tangie

Tangie's - 3 Room Reno Journey

Hi kaykay, it's inclusive in the quote.

The interior (should be just pvc, not laminate) was actually suggested by Mr K. We didn't want white but at the same time don't have any idea on what is nice too. So just went along with his suggestion. Quite please with the outcome.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wow tangie, the interior of all ur carpentary/cabinets is laminated/pvc, very nice! :good:

Usually the default quotes by ID/contractors are for white only unless specially requested & at an additional cost of cos!

Wow tangie, the interior of all ur carpentary/cabinets is laminated/pvc, very nice! :good:

Usually the default quotes by ID/contractors are for white only unless specially requested & at an additional cost of cos!

I think nowadays, many ID/contractors will let you have the choice of internal pvc FOC. too competitive already..

Refrigerator

Couldn't decide which fridge to get. Mitsubishi or LG?

1. Mitsubishi MRV45C @ $799. Capacity is 342L but energy consumption is 613kWh, not very efficient. 3 ticks only.

20131011_193929.jpg

20131011_193919.jpg

2. Mitsubishi MRF47C/E @ $799/$759. Capacity is slightly bigger 375L, 551kWh. Slightly more energy efficient but it's only 3 ticks.

20131015_162310.jpg20131015_162323.jpg

3. LG GR-M562GSH @ $799. It's stainless steel. Capacity 416L, 515kWh and it's 4 ticks. My concern is, it's stainless steel, not as nice as Mitsubishi...

20131026_131850.jpg

20131026_131841.jpg

Anyone using any of the fridge mentioned above or have any feedback? Please comment. Thanks!

I think nowadays, many ID/contractors will let you have the choice of internal pvc FOC. too competitive already..

So good!

Anyway I will provide some mid-point feedback on Mr K.

My experience with him somewhat falls below my expectation. Probably due to all the raving from the forumers here, I do have some expectations.

1. Most of the time, we were the one who did the chasing. Unlike the rest of the forumers here who got chased by him. We chased for the carpentry work. He only showed us the draft after flooring was done, downlights up, windows installed, painting done (pending for last layer - not touch up!) So our renovation actually came to a still while waiting for the carpentry.
  2. He was unable to meet up with us to discuss on our carpentry work and suggested that we meet up with his carpenter instead. (I haven't seen him since the start of reno, except my hus but most of the time will be to collect payment). I insisted to meet him personally. Kinda squeezed a slot out of his busy schedule and managed to meet him to finalise on our carpentry (design and laminate).
  3. We did not receive any photos via whatsapp from him on the progress, unlike others...
  4. The homogeneous tiles arrived were uneven. Instead of liaising with him, we liaised with the tiler, without his presence.
  5. But to be fair, the end product are so far so good. will update again when the reno is completed.

Those who are thinking to engage his service, do consider the reno period. He is very busy during year end. We collected our keys in end of September and it's also the period where many would rush to have a make over for their house for xmas/new year/cny.

Probably it's not so bad if you intend to do the reno after CNY or so.

Edited by tangie

Refrigerator

1. Mitsubishi MRV45C @ $799. Capacity is 342L but energy consumption is 613kWh, not very efficient. 3 ticks only.

2. Mitsubishi MRF47C/E @ $799/$759. Capacity is slightly bigger 375L, 551kWh. Slightly more energy efficient but it's only 3 ticks.

3. LG GR-M562GSH @ $799. It's stainless steel. Capacity 416L, 515kWh and it's 4 ticks. My concern is, it's stainless steel, not as nice as Mitsubishi...

Anyone using any of the fridge mentioned above or have any feedback? Please comment. Thanks!

Almost got no. 1 about 1.5yr ago but dun really like the silver dots.. think the price then was $899 (or $799 too with a very special promo).. so price hasn't really drop that much.. surprising leh! Ended up getting the Hitachi RZ411EMS (Silver) with front jet freezing :)

Almost got no. 1 about 1.5yr ago but dun really like the silver dots.. think the price then was $899 (or $799 too with a very special promo).. so price hasn't really drop that much.. surprising leh! Ended up getting the Hitachi RZ411EMS (Silver) with front jet freezing :)

Is your Hitachi RZ411EMS 4 ticks?

Service Yard

Mr K was very quick to point on that this pipe will be relocated... after relocation...

2eedd114-31cd-4d90-80fb-9bd70a0401c2.jpg

Our 8kg Front Load can fit in nicely.. still considering if we needed to get a dryer (in case the clothes doesn't dry, we will get one.. but that will be after we move in..)

20131117_132922.jpg

The Mr insisted to deliver the washer before the carpentry is completed and now, my washer is full of dust and dirt!

Lesson learnt: Never ever deliver washer before carpentry work is completed!

Fridge and other appliances still not so bad, but for washer, the delivery man will NEED to UNWRAP your washer and install for you...

As for fridge, one can always just put the plug in and on the switch, no installation required..

Remember to invest in a good quality lock even during the reno stage, too many forumers has mentioned about theft during reno. Also use a masking tape to tape your peephole, so would be theive cannot peep into your house using a reverse peephole viewer.

Remember to invest in a good quality lock even during the reno stage, too many forumers has mentioned about theft during reno. Also use a masking tape to tape your peephole, so would be theive cannot peep into your house using a reverse peephole viewer.

Oh my! this sounds really bad.

I will get masking tape to tape the peephole, changing our lock to a better one too.

Thanks for the advice.

Updates (will upload the photos to this soon):

1. Wardrobe completed.
  2. Kitchen glass door is up.
  3. Ceiling Fans up.
  4. Downlight all connected.

Pending

1. Bedroom doors.
  2. Last layer painting.
  3. Kitchen cabinet, pending for hob and backsplash.
  4. Toilet accessories

Hiccups:

1. Unable to open 180 degree wardrobe door as the light is blocking the door.
    Solution: shift the lighting point OR change to a even slimmer light.
  2. The worker who installed our ceiling fans threw away the back cover (for the batteries) of the remote control. AND DID NOT INFORM US! The packaging for our ceiling fans were already at the rubbish chute.
    Solution: Luckily we went up to check and discovered the missing part before the boxes got cleared away, I managed to recover it from the pile of styrofoam, plastics and boxes.
  3. There was a hairline crack, starting from the ceiling fan area all the way to the aircon wall. It runs across half of our ceiling..
    Solution: pending for Mr K to rectify... which I don't know when he will have the time to come over, he is TOO BUSY.
  4. Our main door (gate locked thou) was wide open, with the kitchen lights on. The worker FORGOT to switch off before leaving!

Refrigerator

20131011_193929.jpg

20131011_193919.jpg

20131015_162310.jpg20131015_162323.jpg

20131026_131850.jpg

20131026_131841.jpg

Intended to get the LG for my house as recommended by Harvey Norman salesperson. But I have compare the price in HN, Courts & zero (Renotalk forummer) Will be getting this frm zero as he give a gd price.