Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wapiang

Would Like To Hear Reviews Of Story Of Us Id

I did not get any referrals to this ID and happen to found their works online and just get an appointment with them.

the ID that attended to me was only 24yrs old and with 2 yrs experience. So far she seems to know what shes talking and pretty confident about her works.

This ID also appeared on tv program RenovAID Season 4 episode 7 with Paige Chua.

can anyone share with me any reviews if you have?

I tried to find online but not much...

thanks!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi bro, its best you ask these two guys for completed works stuff that they can show you on the laptop, and then ask them to show the 3d drawings drawn by them for the completed stuff

look at the comparison, and you will know how good they are.

then, ask them how they coordinate the the group (contractors, etc), (I really doubt a 24 yr old can manage all these. honestly, be careful here).

If you really want to be careful, ask if its ok if you speak to his client on finsihed work (as shown in line 1) for a referral....

RenovAid is nothing new. my ID also appeared. he even told me, they always invite all kinds of people to be judges etc. i.e no big deal.

Extremely unsatisfied with this ID firm and the designer we engaged. We met them at EXPO during one of the furniture fairs earlier this year. The quotation we got in the first place was already much higher than other ID firms that we engaged. We thought they might have a better quality of service so we chose them in the end. However, the quality of the service is completed disastrous and caused us a lot of trouble and anger. The designer introduced us a very expensive electrician (quotation is about 40% higher than the market average when we compared with our friends' electrician quotations) and claimed they are expensive because they are "TOP NOTCH". However, the work done by the electrician are extremely low quality and the workers made a lot of mistakes during the process, i.e, the dining lights are installed at the wrong position and did not realize their mistake until I took a ruler and do the measurement myself; some switches have been installed to other position without prior notification to us and when we ask, the designer just say it will be more work it they put the switches at the original discussed position. There are also plenty of things which they have decided on site on their own without caring to ask me for confirmation. Only till I asked, the designer then told me they think it's the better way. A lot of the work has been redone because of this. What is more ridiculous is one day during the project, I even found two cigarette butts on the floor in my house. The "TOP NOTCH" electrician SMOKE at site during their work time!!! What a professional way to do their job! 
The designer also brought us to a lighting shop whose lights are about 2-3 times more expensive than the other shops in the Balestier road. We found this disgusting fact in the next day when we went to Balestier to shop for lights on our own. Also the designer refuses to help us deliver anything (i.e. door and lights) and claimed they are not allowed to do so because later may cause dispute if any damage happened. And they will put extra charges on literally anything that we asked to change. 
Overall, the experience I had with THE STORY OF US is a total frustration and dissatisfaction. I will not recommend this firm to anyone, ever.  

The story of us - Looks a lot like a tragedy.

We have engaged the Story of us as well. I agree with the user eitherway above in his review.

We engage this ID before we got the keys to our EC because we are impressed by design work from them. Hubby and I respect designers and decide we will pay a higher price which is around 30% more than other ID.

The TOP date came, and we get our keys, our ID is helpful and help us check for defects, etc. 

Their electrician came, the quote is 40% higher. ID told us shifting an aircon cost $500, and they happily start saying shift this, change that, as if it don't need money. I feel taken for a ride. Decided I will find an electrician on my own.

Everything went downhill from here. 

As with many design concept, the design has to change when you get to the actual site. Some plans don't work and need to be modified or cost additional money to fix. To keep within our 50k budget, we made comprised as the ID charge us for every single work. 

1) We cannot build a bedframe and two side table for our master bedroom.

2) We cannot move one wall to enlarge the living room.

My gut tells me that money is more important to the ID than anything. They do not care about the clients.

Prove me right when there is an aircon alignment which affects the look of the study room. Two aircon to sit side by side with one sitting on protruded 30cm box up. When I ask why this wasn't flagged up, ID got the cheek to tell me she didn't propose to fix that because we are on a budget. I inform the ID I am unhappy with this. No calls, no apologies. Just a cold: I will quote you the price to box it up. 

To our ID, you are sorely missing the point. We hired you for your design, but you do not respect your design work. 

Taking the stress aside, we have decided to delay the move in date, and get another person to quote us the exact work needed. 

Story of us :$45k

New quote: $26k

With the new quote, i will choose to forgo the 9k deposit with Story of Us interior Concept so my own story will not turn into a real tragedy.