Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Pokz1981

Reno @ Kovan Maisonette

I am interested to know too ^^ The IMM one seems overpriced.

Its a Iwannagohome. All are nice. And i do agree that those that you find in IMM are overpriced. For ard the same price i can get a bigger and nicer one over here. Go visit the Greatworld outlet. its good.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Amended drafts and furnitures consideration

Dining area backsplash will be amended to the black/grey mosaic type. Haven really went to pick and select material but should be able to find.

gallery_54308_84_39402.jpg

Balcony/yard area

Waterfeature will be put at the waterspot. Washer/DB will be cover up. Plus some extra storage. ID recomment installing Haiku fan at this area but warn that its not cheap.

gallery_54308_84_35002.jpg

Masterbed room

Most tricky part on my mind is to have something pink in the room due to fengshui requirement. ID have selected some Japanese wallpaper but i am looking at cherry blossom sakura wallpaper. The TV feature wall in the room will be discarded. Since we have decided to get Muji Storage bed. We will get Muji cabinet to put the TV. A little Japanese theme in the room with 2 dropdown Japanese lightings. The final jigsaw piece is of course the scenary wallpaper (if that can be found then the pink concept could blend neatly into the design)

gallery_54308_84_9588.jpg

gallery_54308_84_85708.jpg

gallery_54308_84_44278.jpg

gallery_54308_84_35361.jpg

Edited by Pokz1981

Just received the keys yesterday after 2nd appointment and now the house is all empty and ready for demolition. Contractor has been engaged but costs is still in the midst of discussion. Permit for hacking just got applied for today (anyone knows how long it takes to be approved?)

Changes and changes to consider. The original idea to use 2 separate compressor unit seems impossible unless miracle happens since my block is not upgraded and overall consumption of power from "all" compressor cannot exceed 8.5A. However, I did see someone in the same block have 2 compressor installed. Spoke with the salesperson at Gain City and they mention that the owner must have done it illegally.

Aircon installation aside, after conversation with the Gain City salesperson. He mention that it would be better not to put a roof over the balcony area as future maintenance would be difficult and even the overhaul of the compressor might require the roof to be remove before the compressor can be change. With the above in mind, we decided that perhaps we should not cover up the balcony and use a roller shutter instead. Anyone has use rainscreen shutter before? Any companies to recomment?

Lastly, on a side note. The much recommended Kraus sink has arrived. The thread on kitchen sink really help in making this decision.

Ok, finally back. A period of madness and more to come... It all started with the place i bought have some ceiling cracks and we were told by the contractor who inspected the house that these were structural which makes me all the more scared and cannot sleep well. Spend some time in the forum to search on topics on spalling concretes and etc. In the end, the only way was to call HDB officer to come down for an initial inspection. It was a saturday on 24rd August when after completion and collection of keys i inspected the whole place with the contractors and HDB dun work 24/7. I had to endure for 2 days before giving HDB a call on the following monday which I highlighted the cracks around the place and managed to push for an inspection the very next day. Good job on my HDB Technical officer for being so responsive.

The following day when he came down for inspection. He just mention that they are normal cracks which he sees it quite often around the area but i was quite skeptical. End day, we requested for structural engineer to come down for inspection. Within the same week, the engineer came down and inspected both my place and my neighbour place living on top. The ceiling cracks seen in my upper floor staircase area was also found on the living room's floor of my neighbour side. Anyway, nothing i can do but to continue to wait for the engineer report which was supposed to be send the following day (not that efficient though as it came after 6 working days after countless calling to haunt my HDB Technical officer - once again a very helpful person)

While waiting for the engineer report to come. HDB permit for hacking was applied and we will given the go ahead to start hacking since the cracks present were already notified to HDB and hence protecting ourselves if HDB were to complain that the cracks were caused by the hacking of existing walls and tiles.

Anyway received the email from HDB technical officer that the findings by the structural engineer was that the cracks found were not structural and advise us to find a registered contractor to do the repairs for those crack lines since under "the lease ageement, flat owners are responsible to maintain the initernal of their flat, including repairs to cracks. You are required to engage own contractor to carry out the repair on your own. To assist you, we enclose a list of HDB term contractors whom you can engage on a private basis should you have any difficulty finding one". - I find this acceptable only in the case that the owner upstairs have to mend their floor cracks as any repairs done on my side which is only on half the concrete would be fruitless and what if the cracks appear again 3 months down the road because of the expansion of the upper floor cracks. Anyway, I have reverted the matter to HDB today and will call them again back on monday.

In the meantime, hacking has started yesterday. Hope everything turns out well and the reply is from HDB is also well. Below are the pics for this major and tiring reno. Window and grille installations will be next week follow by tiling. Selection of tiles will be tomorrow. Hope everything goes smoothly....

Master BR

gallery_54308_84_31052.jpeg

2nd Br

gallery_54308_84_21528.jpeg

3rd Br

gallery_54308_84_510.jpeg

Living

gallery_54308_84_22737.jpeg

gallery_54308_84_40837.jpeg

Kitchen

gallery_54308_84_77453.jpeg

Hi pokz,

How did u find out that HDB does not allow external extraction? Do u know the reason?

Many thanks.

Hi Razzberrie,

What do you mean by does not allow external extraction? I am not really sure what you mean. thx

After calling for quotes we decided to go back to own relative (although many would say its a no no) but the quotes i received is really all around $115k. Have also spend the past few weeks deciding on what to cut down and remove. However, nothing cut as of now. Except that the carpentry orginally intended for will be replaced by purchased furnitures. Instead of built-in, i know that all these furnitures can go with me anytime i wanna shift out in the future. No longer will there be the cabinets at the living, the roofing at the balcony is also scraped as this would be problematic for aircon maintenance in the future. However, this would be replace with a rain screen shutter. (anyone have contacts for this? So far i have only check out Paul Aluminium)

Places for shopping of furnitures.... http://emrenoblog.wordpress.com - i went down to the place after checking out the reno shopping map from this wonderful blog.

Revised design from ID to incorporate purchased furnitures. Am asking for the revised quotes after tiles selection yesterday to see how things are going (one thing for sure, budget exceeded to make everything better. Hopefully tiling work can start this week.

gallery_54308_84_109132.png

gallery_54308_84_133158.png

gallery_54308_84_298822.png

gallery_54308_84_19491.png

Furnitures that i have bought...

Sideboard for living beside TV feature

gallery_54308_84_73073.jpg

2 x

Shoe Rack beside entrance

gallery_54308_84_295704.png

TV console for master br

gallery_54308_84_22008.jpg

Queensize bedframe excluding headboard

gallery_54308_84_55137.png

gallery_54308_84_507446.png

Furnitures that i have bought...

Sideboard for living beside TV feature

gallery_54308_84_73073.jpg

2 x

Shoe Rack beside entrance

gallery_54308_84_295704.png

TV console for master br

gallery_54308_84_22008.jpg

Queensize bedframe excluding headboard

gallery_54308_84_55137.png

gallery_54308_84_507446.png

Nice furniture pieces.

It was a great challenge for my husband & myself to search for furniture with 3 monsters along, haha.

Sorry, I mean ducting (or extraction of air) to the outside for the kitchen hood. I realized HDB regulations say no ducting to the service yard or balcony, but can we duct to the air-con ledge?

Sorry, I mean ducting (or extraction of air) to the outside for the kitchen hood. I realized HDB regulations say no ducting to the service yard or balcony, but can we duct to the air-con ledge?

Hi Razzberrie,

I really never enquire about that. But my aircon ledge is at the 2nd floor of balcony area so i dun think its possible.