s2tz.jpg

area view

mmtv.jpg

Kitchen View

nc7p.jpg

Parquet works on staircase, love the woody feel

9s5b.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Haven been updating frequently as the progress is not exactly fast. However, i am supposed to be shifting in a month's time. With all furnitures ready to go in, whether in the storage hub or for those that are still with the merchants.

Everything comes with a price, when i initialy bought my place, the condition was bad. Hence, we decided to redo everything and nothing to be kept. Quotes will given but due to unforseen circumstances like extra patching works, extra waterproofing of wet areas and also cement screeding on the floors after old parquet removal to prepare for new overlay. Patching and painting, plus raising the balcony area height to be flushed with all rooms further increase costs. Last but not least, costs for patching up previous round door frames were not included and it all suddenly surfaced since we wanted a rectangular door. All these will increase costs, just that it was not communicated with me properly. Nevertheless, with what we wanted initially and the bad condition it was, its inevitable.

Final phase within these 3weeks. currently house is undergoing painting as all false ceilings are up I supposed. Was informed that i could have my lights delivered for installation and were given the number of T5 lights to buy over the weekend. For LED downlights, we have taken the contact from MrMerry/MrsMerry and shall collect the lightings this sat and hopefully most of the places can be light up. The rest of the lights have just been ordered today from Taobao and will take sometime for delivery. Pictures of purchases will be posted separately. Lets see how the reno had been doing for the past week.

Staircase side lighting plans

dugn.jpg

water heater outside common bath corridor

lixd.jpgi2ho.jpg

Cove lightings in both common rooms

whgi.jpg

Parquet all laid for all rooms

5g3a.jpg

A closer look at the shutter which allows partial light to shine in, even when fully closed

e4ea.jpg

Most of the renotalk forumners would already know by now them TB is a great place to shop for lights. Whatever lights that you have seen in the furniture shops here. You will definitely find it in there. I have been browsing TB in search for feature lightings for dining or bedrooms. Below are some of the finds which might interest some of you. I am more for industrial vintage feel and of course designer replicas.

q4yt.jpg

9rgb.jpg

jqd3.jpg

zhc3.jpg

1nmd.jpg

0mb8.jpg

Ok, continued, all the below are from TB. Special mention the first pic which i was very interested initially as a dining light. Went to Parkmall B1 last weekend and saw the exact model retailing inside. I went inside to check the price and dimension. $695 close to $700 if I am not wrong before GST and discount. Size displayed there is 60cm in diameter. I went to check TB immediately and the same after conversion is RMB 907 (around $185 SGD before shipping costs)

oirx.jpg

s09q.jpg

f3ci.jpg

kwkr.jpg

g9l3.jpg

Went to Jalan Besar last week to check out on the recommended light shop by my contractor to buy lights. While walking over, saw a place selling furnitures. Nice and expensive. Only saw this light below but rejected by wife as it look too much like those funeral lights

xl5l.jpg

lights seen at the recommended shop

Rejected - birds might fly into my house and lay eggs

4q86.jpg

Seen quite a few forumners getting this for storeroom light. There are small one but i feel big one is brighter. End day decided to give it a miss since TB can get it cheaper and I will source for other lights

6iur.jpg

Next up, went to Tan Boon Liat and managed to find the below

Nice designer lamp. Never really search in TB. but at $600+, it is quite exp.

lyqn.jpg

Lastly, inspired by the mirror Vanessa has found. I went ahead to get the mirror on the right for kitchen bathroom but not at GSS sale price. Further below were the Haiku fans....pricey pricey but is also a real beauty. I got to know about this from ID and also another renotalker forumner who had this installed. Incredible 7 speed fan which i checked out at the shop which is really quiet and strong when its at speed 7. There are only 2 models carried in Singapore, black and white composite or the Bamboo material both at 60". Brochure mentioned that it's operating power is between 2W - 30W. Saved power and quite a dream for the place.

ysdg.jpg

Hihi, can you share with me the price & place you got ur Haiku? Am debating between Minka & Haiku fan...but Haiku kept coming back into my mind.... :) Thanks.

Hi flowerfans, PMed you

Hi Pokz1981,

Been a while since I came onto renotalk. Its nice to see your blog and updates and I must say the wood tiles you did for your balcony is looking great!

How long more for your place to be ready?

Hi Pokz1981,

Been a while since I came onto renotalk. Its nice to see your blog and updates and I must say the wood tiles you did for your balcony is looking great!

How long more for your place to be ready?

Hi Vdubber,

Thanks for reading. Think within the next 2 weeks will have some major transformation. Expected to finish by 3rd week of November.

Downlights were collected over the weekend on Saturday, and they are being installed and tested. Besides that, we also went to purchase 3 other ceiling fans from Elmark and some toilet accessories from Sim Siang Choon. Pending the delivery of the WCs and Sinks, they will then be installed altogether.

LED Downlights - They are not exactly the cheapest but definitely very nice and really love the look. For all those which i have for living area at 7W, the internal bulb could be tilted at an angle while those in the Toilet and kitchen are 10W with protection cover against water splashing in the bathroom areas.

T5 lights - Mainly for cove lightings around the whole place (bought by contractor) except my Master bedroom which does not have any cove but 8 LED and 2 feature hanging lights awaiting shipment from TB

Fans - Elmark marketing (supposedly the king of fans), went to choose 3 ceiling fans for upper levels. Each in one room and 2 with lights in the common bedroom. Also collected my Haiku fan on Saturday and is currently in store. Will not be installing it until nearing the end of the reno. Last but not least, got a vento fan from Amasco for the side of dining area. Really really really small at 13inch. Mainly for air circulation purpose i guess (which hopefully it can do the job)

Downlights fitted in kitchen and bathrooms

ohan.jpg

Lights fitted at upper corridor and bathrooms

ku72.jpg

Lightings at foyer and staircase, there is currently a plate covering it. Will take a better picture when it's open. Hopefully it will look better than. Power track cannot be concealed though :angry2:

2kxl.jpg

Fans purchases, which have just been installed this morning while workers are sanding and varnishing the parquet.

0rsn.jpg

jzjl.jpg