• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Jason5

Jason5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

Hi, want to get a good leather sofa, any reliable shop to recommend? What about in sungei kadut? Heard there are many furniture warehouse there, any reliable ones?

#2 writergal

writergal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:10 PM

If you're interested, i just posted the below in Renotalk's Garage Sales and Market Place. I ordered our leather sofa from Lorenzo because of recommendations on Renotalk, but my husband decided he wanted something else, thats why I posted the below (I copy and pasted from the actual post):

So my husband and I ordered a Lorenzo premium leather sofa on impulse (when you have two young boys running all over the shop, that tends to happen) and have now decided that it doesn't really fit into our home design (brain fart on our part). Lorenzo doesn't accept cancellations (just our luck!) and have given us three options:

1. Continue with the sale (transfer ownership) with option to change sofa configuration or colour. (L-Shaped Premium Leather Sofa)
2. Store credit for the amount. Buy anything from Lorenzo which comes up to the cost of the sofa OR;
3. They'll give us cash vouchers (valid for a year) amounting to the cost of the sofa.

As said earlier, Lorenzo doesn't fit in our home design, so if you or anyone you know are looking to purchase anything from Lorenzo and save some money, choose any of the options above and drop me a line. Consider it a late 'GSS Sale'.

The amount in question is $2379.00. We're selling it at $150 (neg) off that price.

So spend up to $2379.00 at Lorenzo for $2229.00. A bargain for anyone planning to buy from Lorenzo either ways.

If there are interested parties who only want $1k+ instead of the whole $2k, we could split it too.

Happy house hunting and renovations to all of you. (We're going through our reno now too, so hopefully once all this running around has slowed down, I'll do a T-blog, cause I love reading everyone else's.)

Cheers!

#3 istante0

istante0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:37 PM

Very satisfied with Univonna. Custom made in Singapore, leather quality is quite good and very good pricing (1000 for 3 seater)

Can find them at Furniture Mall near IMM.

http://www.univonna.com

#4 terencet4n

terencet4n

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:31 AM

Hi guys, which of these furniture stores would you recommend for sofas?

Massimmo

Locus Habitat

The Montella

Danovel

The Bear Knows

Picket & Rail

DanishDesign

We Love Air

Home and Style

Posh Home

Lorenzo

OM

Lilian Construction and Furnishing

John Erdos

Castilla

Indeed Furniture

(taken from this list)

#5 woodywood

woodywood

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:08 PM

Hi terencet4n,

I remembered reading on RT about The Montella, think they no longer in operation but I don't seem to find them. I been looking around for sofa too. And I shortlisted these shops. Hopes it help.

1) Hommage Lifestyle

2) We love air

3) Massimmo

4) XZQT

5) Modliving

#6 SamTheMan

SamTheMan

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:47 AM

Hi terencet4n,

I remembered reading on RT about The Montella, think they no longer in operation but I don't seem to find them. I been looking around for sofa too. And I shortlisted these shops. Hopes it help.

1) Hommage Lifestyle

2) We love air

3) Massimmo

4) XZQT

5) Modliving

That is a huge range of pricing from low-end to prestige.

#7 SamTheMan

SamTheMan

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:48 AM

Hi, want to get a good leather sofa, any reliable shop to recommend? What about in sungei kadut? Heard there are many furniture warehouse there, any reliable ones?

What is you budget?

#8 woodywood

woodywood

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

That is a huge range of pricing from low-end to prestige.

Hi, why do you said that? Can advise? thanks

#9 green

green

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

from my little knowledge, Mod Living carry only high end product a sofa set can cost more than 10k ???

#10 SamTheMan

SamTheMan

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:49 PM

Hi, why do you said that? Can advise? thanks

Hommage, HDB style shop, low-end, sofas from a few hundred dollars, Modliving leather sofas at least 20K.

#11 Grox99

Grox99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

Massimo looks good but not cheap from a manufacturing point of view....

#12 woodywood

woodywood

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:30 PM

Hommage, HDB style shop, low-end, sofas from a few hundred dollars, Modliving leather sofas at least 20K.

Can you elaborate more why you say hommage is a low end, HDB style shop? I'm confused by your reply cos when I went to their showroom, I saw n tried on their sofa which cost more than 10k.

#13 woodywood

woodywood

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:21 AM

Here's some information I gather when I visited these shops. Hope it helps.

Hommage Lifestyle

http://www.hommageli...tem/1144-fusion

model: Fusion

Quoted: $15xx in Acacia belgium fabric

$28xx in full grain hide aniline

Lead time: 3-4 weeks

made in Malaysia

weloveair

http://weloveair.com...ating_sofa.html

model: Tatler

quoted: $27xx in Acacia belgium fabric

lead time:8-9 weeks

made in Singapore

according to the salesgirl, they no longer make leather sofa. 

Massimo

http://www.massimmo....duct.php?pid=26

model: vermicelli

quoted: $23xx in Acacia belgum fabric

$35xx in imported leather leather

lead time: 4-6 weeks

made in Singapore or JB

xzqt

according to them, they said this deign no longer available, thus no quotation

Modliving

http://www.modliving...product&pid=682

model: Revers

quoted: $61xx in fabric

according to them, Modliving now carries mainly fabric design. For leather sofa, I was referred to Castilla. When I was there, they recommended their Asia made sofa which are cheaper.

Pomelo

https://www.facebook...&type=1

Quoted: $35xx in cotton blend fabric only

lead time: 2 months

If any of these information are incorrect, please update here so that we can benefit from it. Happy shopping!

Edited by woodywood, 28 November 2013 - 12:26 PM.

#14 SamTheMan

SamTheMan

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:16 PM

Can you elaborate more why you say hommage is a low end, HDB style shop? I'm confused by your reply cos when I went to their showroom, I saw n tried on their sofa which cost more than 10k.

They buy from a company called Zolano manufacturing out of Malaysia.  Definitely not high end.  

#15 woodywood

woodywood

Bronze Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:24 PM

They buy from a company called Zolano manufacturing out of Malaysia.  Definitely not high end.  

Hi SamTheMan, no offence to you but it seems like it's been a long time since you last shop for furniture. Perhaps you should start shopping again to keep yourself updated before you give advise. Beside Zolano, now they also carry another range of sofa.

For me, when it comes to furniture shopping, I look for 

1) comfort

2) price

3) design

It does not matter to me who is low end and who is prestige. As long as my wallet is comfortable. 

Look at massimo and weloveair, are they prestigious enough? I was surprised when they said that their sofas are manufactured locally.

#16 SamTheMan

SamTheMan

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

Hi SamTheMan, no offence to you but it seems like it's been a long time since you last shop for furniture. Perhaps you should start shopping again to keep yourself updated before you give advise. Beside Zolano, now they also carry another range of sofa.

For me, when it comes to furniture shopping, I look for 

1) comfort

2) price

3) design

It does not matter to me who is low end and who is prestige. As long as my wallet is comfortable. 

Look at massimo and weloveair, are they prestigious enough? I was surprised when they said that their sofas are manufactured locally.

Hmm... interesting because I know for a fact that Massimo sources from Malaysia and Air has stuff from Malaysia and China.

#17 waynezhuo

waynezhuo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:46 AM

Lorenzo, mi and my wife went there at 1st is to see see n look look.
We seem courts and some online selling.
But of course, to tried and is to believe. It worth lots of money. It's a 2mm skin half leather designed olive color sofa, 3 + 2set. Cost at 999 + 80 delivery charge.
We like the design but sale auntie told us last set and the design if u wan to order will takes u after CNY den can arrive. Was told tat its made in Malaysia too.

#18 waynezhuo

waynezhuo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:49 AM

Most important is depending on urself if ok with display set or new!!
We checked the sofa it 99% good.
Just tat 1 small bang on the back of the sofa. Display is good for money. Total spent is 1079. + 1 umbrella as free gift as raining.... Hahaha

#19 waynezhuo

waynezhuo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:52 AM

Oh yes. The location is at sim dr, near geylang and aljunie it's biggest Megan store. Haha, btw, their toilet cannot make it.
But aircon is power!! If u guys wan can go walk walk. No haunt. Do more research.

#20 Leyenda

Leyenda

Bronze Member

• RenoTalk Administrators
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:02 PM

Hi to all people looking for furnitures, there will be a furniture fair at expo hall 6 (Interior and Living Asia 2013), from the 21st - 29st dec 2013. There will be many furniture brands that will take part in this fair, and Renotalk will also be holding its booth at the fair (A9a) (Free gifts, lucky draw, interesting kitchen products for sale)! 

If you are looking for furnitures, why not come down and take a look since the brands may also be holding their promotions in this fair and there are plenty of brands to choose from? 

Renotalk looks forward in seeing you there!!! 

Designer Furniture and Ligthing Online Store Singapore

Renovator: Renovation Budget: