Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sleepybeauty

My Dark, Industrial-Style Apartment

kitchen carpentry and more carpentry! i'm loving the grey + wood combo !

10222038795_6aa0470f25.jpg

10222058786_0738d1390e.jpg

Shoe cabinet's internal adjustable shelving:

10222065806_587066728b.jpg

and not forgetting... the drawers in the shoe cabinet for socks and probably to keep the bf's tools for his road bike)

10182966076_9875a9a92e.jpg

Edited by sleepybeauty

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

need some opinions from you guys, since my renovation is kinda half completed.. is it time for me to get the curtain people in to start quoting or should i wait till the carpentry is all done?

** carpentry is 50-60% done

** lightings not installed yet (looking at next week / after carpentry all done)

** wall painting not done at foyer & living area

** tv console not customised yet (ID already has the design in mind but i have yet seen it)

let me know your experiences pls... thanks!

Edited by sleepybeauty

I think depends on ur intended move in date. Quite a few of the curtain ppl I spoke with have a lead time of a few weeks.

thankas greg, how long did yours take? roughly how many weeks?

headed down to tiong bahru to purchase the lights for the laundry room & store room, another item off the checklist!

10223291585_15ee3d98d1.jpg

as recommended by oldskool in his t-blog, these lights are $28 each and uses E27 bulbs.. I bought the phillips 5W energy saving bulb in cool white as i prefer the laundry room & store room to be brighter. oh yes, realised that the lights are actually from LEGRAND.

looks simple & nice eh ?

Edited by sleepybeauty

Wow! Your place is coming together really nicely. Your shoe cabinet is nice. How is the ventilation done?

thanks! I'm afraid i didn't factor in any ventilation for the shoe cabinet, am i supposed to do that? ooops..

Didn't know that Legrand makes lights! This is a good old classic design - can't go wrong!

For the curtains, I will suggest to make them earlier. We did simple ones at Ikea and that already took us 2 weeks.

Didn't know that Legrand makes lights! This is a good old classic design - can't go wrong!

For the curtains, I will suggest to make them earlier. We did simple ones at Ikea and that already took us 2 weeks.

i didn't know too but there's a piece of paper & a sticker on the light that says LEGRAND (and it looks like LEGRAND logo in red)

thanks for your pointers on the curtains.. i think i shall start sourcing for quotes in these coming weeks.. better to have more time to work with as well...

just realised that the world globe i got from TYPO sale (at 50% discount) will not be able to fit onto the display shelf at my kitchen area.. silly of me not to notice the measurements of the display shelf and happily grab the globe since it's on sale.

10224414423_53a1df76b2.jpg

thought it would be nice as a display somewhere in the house though... perhaps on the tv console?

Edited by sleepybeauty

headed down to tiong bahru to purchase the lights for the laundry room & store room, another item off the checklist!

10223291585_15ee3d98d1.jpg

as recommended by oldskool in his t-blog, these lights are $28 each and uses E27 bulbs.. I bought the phillips 5W energy saving bulb in cool white as i prefer the laundry room & store room to be brighter. oh yes, realised that the lights are actually from LEGRAND.

looks simple & nice eh ?

Hmm.... do u think i could use an LED light bulb on this? I really like this design. :P

I saw Ikea selling LED E27 bulb http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/10222473/

In this case... don't need LED driver meh? :huh:

Hmm.... do u think i could use an LED light bulb on this? I really like this design. :P

I saw Ikea selling LED E27 bulb http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/10222473/

In this case... don't need LED driver meh? :huh:

wahh this i can't answer you becos' i don't know if you could use LED E27 bulb on this... my guess is no...

maybe the more knowledgeable reno-talkers will be able to answer your question...