Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
soonliew

Creating A Dream Home With Tide Budget (Em In The West)

After month of silence reading all our T-blogger on all the useful tips and wonderful experience on thir renovation, now is time for me to contribute.

Am dreaming to stay in a EM since young, 2 year ago try to look out for EM, but at that time, all COV was sky high, min 50k with not good location and not renovated, give up the idea. Until about 3 month ago saw the price of HDB had gone down, so start to look around again, and yes after about 20 viewing of EM near west, we found an EM at Jurong East which both of us like and have a good feeling when viewing the house, and what most important the price also within our budget.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

pretty much the same layout as mine!! happy and smooth reno!! :)

Thanks you very much Vanessa, Yes we have the same layout, I notice when I am reading your blog, so happy for you your reno is coming to the end.

Also take this opportunity to thanks you for your contribution, I had learn alot from you by following your blog.

Thanks you very much Vanessa, Yes we have the same layout, I notice when I am reading your blog, so happy for you your reno is coming to the end.

Also take this opportunity to thanks you for your contribution, I had learn alot from you by following your blog.

Most welcome...i learnt a lot from fellow forumers...just paying it forward. Will be following your progress :)

I am a Kiasu guy, not long after we exercise the OTP, I start to look for ID and contractor, I have talk to about 10 ID or contractor, finally zoom down to only 2 contractor.

Arrange both ID for house viewing and take actual measurement, than give me a final quote.

During this period, I also go round Singapore and JB furniture shop and lighting shop to compare price. also never forget about Taobao.

My search for the following item:-

1. Round dinning table

2. Sofa 3+2

3. Lighting for whole house

4. Burner Hob + CookerHood

5. TV Console

6. Coffee Table

Some of the photo of the house.

20131001_090131_zps34040858.jpg20131001_090120_zps92e9bb29.jpg

The flooring looks quite decent, soonliew!

I guess you can save some money there - are you planning on hacking the flooring?

The flooring looks quite decent, soonliew!

I guess you can save some money there - are you planning on hacking the flooring?

Yes planing to hack away cos thinking of since we renovate as well do it once and for all, if not when we stay in than if some tile pop out than will have to reno again