Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
soonliew

Creating A Dream Home With Tide Budget (Em In The West)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

due to HIP?

They're going to have a Home Improvement Program for our estate.

The problem is, I spoke to the HDB and they can't be certain when it'll be carried out - it could happen anytime within these 3 years.

So after looking at the current state of our toilets, we decided to do them up ourselves and then opt out of the HIP when the time comes

I had check with HDB they will have a polling at Dec 2013. As for my house that I am staying now. we also HIP last year and I follow the timing if the polling is end this year, the project will start somewhere July 2014, haha that what I think only.

welcome to renotalk! looking forward to more photos!

Thanks ProjectH, sure will post lot of photo for the whole reno journey. As I am not so good in words.

I am a Kiasu guy, not long after we exercise the OTP, I start to look for ID and contractor, I have talk to about 10 ID or contractor, finally zoom down to only 2 contractor.

Arrange both ID for house viewing and take actual measurement, than give me a final quote.

Looking forward to see your ID quotes.

Yes planing to hack away cos thinking of since we renovate as well do it once and for all, if not when we stay in than if some tile pop out than will have to reno again

Welcome to renotalk! so you will hack both upper and lower?

Looking forward to see your ID quotes.

The quote is in, both differrent abt $1500, most likely will take the cheaper one but will arrange will the ID to take a look on her recent project.

Welcome to renotalk! so you will hack both upper and lower?

Yes I will be hacking away both upper and lower floor and change all to homogeneous tiles.

What's the budget for reno? Looking forward for more photos!

Just want to keep the cost as low as possible, but not as lucky as Zihui, got a relative as contractor, the quote come out to be about 55k even we did not touch the toilet and it exclude electric.

Just want to keep the cost as low as possible, but not as lucky as Zihui, got a relative as contractor, the quote come out to be about 55k even we did not touch the toilet and it exclude electric.

Frankly, 55k is very reasonable....depending on the age of your flat, you might wanna reconsider the wiring...safer to rewire if it is a old flat. It cost me about 4K plus to rewire mine...peace of mind la.

Frankly, 55k is very reasonable....depending on the age of your flat, you might wanna reconsider the wiring...safer to rewire if it is a old flat. It cost me about 4K plus to rewire mine...peace of mind la.

Yes I will rewire the whole house as this flat is 27yr old and I also intend to stay here long so will also do it, that come to about 60k for the whole reno and putting asside 15k for furniture, aircon etc.. so 1 big hole in pocket.

Yes I will rewire the whole house as this flat is 27yr old and I also intend to stay here long so will also do it, that come to about 60k for the whole reno and putting asside 15k for furniture, aircon etc.. so 1 big hole in pocket.

I am assuming you plan to bring furniture from your current place. Start shopping around and shortlist furniture pieces you like and how much they cost. After walking around a fair bit...i realised that i had to manage my expectations and relook my budget for certain items.

Hi soonliew, actually a 60K budget for an EM (inclusive of hacking on both floor, re-wiring of the unit etc) is already very reasonable. Vanessa's right - due to my budget constraints, there were many expectations that had to be tempered but the re-wiring of the unit was something that we could not possibly scrimp on due to the age of our estate.