Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
soonliew

Creating A Dream Home With Tide Budget (Em In The West)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Yes I know is reasonable but due to budget already give up T.V feature wall, console.

Yours include toilet only 40k + so much different from mine.

Don't worry, my budget is already burst with all the things that I keep adding in hahahhahaha

Haha that make me even more worry, now I already burst budget, what if during the reno have more thing to spend.

Key is to not add on once everything in the quote has been agreed upon...that way your buffer of 10% of reno cost is just there for emergency..when unexpected things crop up

Mine is a five room flat, keep all the flooring except the 2 toilets (overlay), carpentry to kitchen/laundry, 3 bedrooms and living room, re-wiring, blinds, glass works (shower screens, backsplash, kitchen glass doors), bedroom doors, plumbing, painting, aircon & purchase of lightings, fittings & kitchen/toilet wares. My budget hit 45k. I bring all my old furniture with me.

I think you may have to increase your budget, seeing that yours is a EM. Look at the quotes carefully, I discovered that sometimes small little things are excluded that you need to add in later.... for example, after the aircon ran the piping to the bathroom, I asked my contractor if he is going to cover the long pipe going towards the drainage with tiles, he said "sure, can, $100" :(

All the best!

Mine is a five room flat, keep all the flooring except the 2 toilets (overlay), carpentry to kitchen/laundry, 3 bedrooms and living room, re-wiring, blinds, glass works (shower screens, backsplash, kitchen glass doors), bedroom doors, plumbing, painting, aircon & purchase of lightings, fittings & kitchen/toilet wares. My budget hit 45k. I bring all my old furniture with me.

I think you may have to increase your budget, seeing that yours is a EM. Look at the quotes carefully, I discovered that sometimes small little things are excluded that you need to add in later.... for example, after the aircon ran the piping to the bathroom, I asked my contractor if he is going to cover the long pipe going towards the drainage with tiles, he said "sure, can, $100" :(

All the best!

Sorry, but i agree with Apple1. My IDers work with any contractor we wanna engage...and we ended up "interviewing" five. When our IDers went through the quotes...so that everything was laid out in detail...and that we could look at the costing of all 5 quotes fairly. A lot of things were missing from some quotes...and that is how cost is hidden by contractors. Be very careful.

We really took our own sweet time sorting out the cost and finalizing everything before signing...that way we dont have any surprises. And we are in control of the cost. HTH

Thanks Apple1 and Vanessa, yes is what I worry also, been very carefuly read each scentance of the quote, ask the ID to change when we find it not right, still thinking hard what we left out.

Thanks Apple1 and Vanessa, yes is what I worry also, been very carefuly read each scentance of the quote, ask the ID to change when we find it not right, still thinking hard what we left out.

Yeah either have more buffer or control ur costs as agreed in the quote. Renotalk is poisonous... U will get this and that and more after reading more...

Yeah either have more buffer or control ur costs as agreed in the quote. Renotalk is poisonous... U will get this and that and more after reading more...

Yes any way is good advice from all blogger here.