Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
starrynight

Which Matress Is Good

hi, has anyone tried the maxcoil mattress? I found out that the comments and thread on this brand is not much talk abt. most ppl talk abt the branded ones. but i went and test the mattress in the expo fair and talk to the sales staffs there. friendly staffs they have. I tried the posture care jewel model and thought it felt very comfy as compared to some other branded ones of the same price range. For me to get the feel, i gotta pay alot more for other brands and after some consideration, i went bk on the following week to place a deposit.

Just sharing and maybe u guys can keep yr options open.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wifey and I went to the Asia Pacific Furniture Fair today at Expo. We bought a queen size Slumberland Royal Regency mattress with bedframe, 2 pillows, 1 bolster and 1 mattress protector for $2398.

We liked the mattress and the bedframe and thought it was a good promo.

Anyone went to this furniture fair as well and bought something?

Bought our Slumberland TempSmart II 1600 mattress on Monday. $2560 (heartpain), inclusive of bedframe, 2x heavenly pillows, 2x boosters, 1x mattress protector and a little Slumberland bear :D Delivery in Sept

Just bought the Simmons Heavenly Bed(Glendale) at Courts last Tuesday.

After going to the top brands, we find Simmons comfortable and price quite reasonable to us. Price is about $2880 with 2 free pillows. :)

Hi all,

After trying out a few different brands from the 3S's (Serta, Sealy and Simmons), I find Serta to be the best mattress for me.

I tried out the Field of Dreams at the Taka showroom and straight after lying down a short while, both me and my gf started smiling.

It really did feel much different from the other mattreses. However, good things don't come easy - the prices was about $5K+ (if I remember correctly).

We tried out some other Serta models at the IMM outlet, and were impressed with the Willow Spring mattress.

The salesman explained that the latex in the mattress would make modulate the temperature, so the mattress felt very cooling and nice when I tried it out.

The support was also very good. The salesman jumped on the other side of the bed while I was lying down and I didn't feel a thing.

I think the price quoted was about $3.7K for the Willow Spring King-sized mattress with freebies included.

Just this weekend, I went to the Singapore Expo for Asia Furniture Fair, and came across a Serta booth.

They had a "spin the wheel" promotion where you could win a separate single mattress.

However the price quoted for the Willow Spring mattress was about $4.3K.

Does anyone know which outlet / salesperson gives the best price? If necessary, I'll be happy to organize a group buy too :)

Hi according to the ppl in this forum the group buy has ended. May i know which outlet u went and got the mattress cheaper? i went to the boutique at

centrepoint before the AFF and they quoted me 10% cheaper said it was for the GSS if i remember correctly...

If you are still able to initiate the group buy pls pm me... Im interested in buying too...

Hi all,

After trying out a few different brands from the 3S's (Serta, Sealy and Simmons), I find Serta to be the best mattress for me.

I tried out the Field of Dreams at the Taka showroom and straight after lying down a short while, both me and my gf started smiling.

It really did feel much different from the other mattreses. However, good things don't come easy - the prices was about $5K+ (if I remember correctly).

We tried out some other Serta models at the IMM outlet, and were impressed with the Willow Spring mattress.

The salesman explained that the latex in the mattress would make modulate the temperature, so the mattress felt very cooling and nice when I tried it out.

The support was also very good. The salesman jumped on the other side of the bed while I was lying down and I didn't feel a thing.

I think the price quoted was about $3.7K for the Willow Spring King-sized mattress with freebies included.

Just this weekend, I went to the Singapore Expo for Asia Furniture Fair, and came across a Serta booth.

They had a "spin the wheel" promotion where you could win a separate single mattress.

However the price quoted for the Willow Spring mattress was about $4.3K.

Does anyone know which outlet / salesperson gives the best price? If necessary, I'll be happy to organize a group buy too :)

Use this webby as a guide: http://www.sleeppost.com

erm guys, should i buy from Malaysia or here in Singapore for my mattress? my landlord sponsored my other furnitures.. :dribble: except mattress as i dont want a used or cheap mattress..

Anyway, I got an offer for Dunlopillo New Royal Premier King Size at MYR4,500 + MYR315 (7%GST) = SGD2,093.47 (assuming exchange rate at 1SGD : 2.30MYR)

Freebies include : 2 Dunlopillo Natural Latex Pillows

1 Dunlopillo White Cloud Bolster

Is this offer attractive? or i can get it cheaper in Singapore.. i'm moving to Singapore next month. Thanks alot.

erm guys, should i buy from Malaysia or here in Singapore for my mattress? my landlord sponsored my other furnitures.. :dribble: except mattress as i dont want a used or cheap mattress..

Anyway, I got an offer for Dunlopillo New Royal Premier King Size at MYR4,500 + MYR315 (7%GST) = SGD2,093.47 (assuming exchange rate at 1SGD : 2.30MYR)

Freebies include : 2 Dunlopillo Natural Latex Pillows

1 Dunlopillo White Cloud Bolster

Is this offer attractive? or i can get it cheaper in Singapore.. i'm moving to Singapore next month. Thanks alot.

Felt a little silly after reading all these posts. Not sure if I got the right deal having bought King Koil Imperial Comfort - Renaissance for >$4k at Robinsons!

Felt very comfortable with the plush pad and firmness. Slept on a couple of Simmons and Sealy but thought KK felt most comfortable. Kenna chop already?

I am selling a King size SEALY POSTUREPEDIC PANDAVILLE mattress for $1600 (originally bought it at $3000). It's in excellent condition and has only been used for a short period. If you are interested, please call me at 90020976. Thanks.

Now the present boxy rectangular shape pattern has kinda 'grown on me' after a week ....

[btw it's called Tiffany at ibeds.com.sg and priced at $359 http://www.ibeds.com.sg/products/Tiffany.html# - or called Alano & Monaco at beds.sg as mentioned earlier]

I really hope I won't regret my 'diamond-shape' option at the end of the day :rolleyes::bangwall:

tho' I remember the 'curving' was far more pronounced here and therefore very good for sitting up in bed

Fingers crossed 'no regrets' here :)

The sales lady from aafrenz called me Wed to remind me of the Thurs delivery for the diamond-shape bedframe and I confirmed it since I'd already arranged to take half-day leave for Thurs afternoon specifically for this [even tho' I would have much preferred a Wed PM delivery where I won't need to take leave being one of my 2 afternoons-off but was told MUST be Thurs...]

So I rushed home but no delivery at all so I changed into my sleepwear after waiting till 8 pm [unable to reach them since phone was busy all this while]

Then I received a call after 9pm from the delivery guys that they were on the way

When they finally came after 10 pm, they had to first ascertain with me the exact style of the bedframe 'whether it contained crystals 'diamonds' or not etc' - was shocked that they seemed so uncertain even at this late stage and they said that it was very dark in the van and they want to make sure they were bringing up the right product etc ....

So finally they brought up a diamond-shaped bedframe [but it didn't look at all like what I'd remembered tho' and the curving wasn't as pronounced as seen at the display set etc ....]

On comparing, I still preferred the 1st original 'wrongly-delivered' boxy rectangular design and told them I would stick with that instead - they said no problem [saved them some work]

So my bedframe was left intact after all instead of being changed ;)

Guess us women have the final perogative here

divineparadise - why don't you call aafrenz and inquire on their price and whether the Duchess can be bought at $1299 now [maybe with fewer freebies] etc ?

I strapped the mattress protector over the pillowtop layer since the elastic couldn't stretch easily over the whole mattress base

So far no problem with the bedsheets tho' the Duchess is 11-12 inches thick.

So the $1,299 deal is over already?

Do you think the new duchess is too thick for regular queen size bedsheet?

Hi DivineParadise,

Sales will come and go..

Wait and observe if you have time to spare, the 'sales price' will come again.

And don't get pushed by sales-talk, with those "only this weekend sales" nonsense.

As like IT fair, I believe there would be the home/ design fair@ expo, seems like a quarterly affair.

The dutchess spelled 11" from sleeppost.com

Most queen size bedsheet should be able to accomodate up to 14".

Do check on the labels before you purchase the next time. It should be indicated.

cheers.