Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
starrynight

Which Matress Is Good

My point is this..... I must admit though there are some differences btween Seahorse and Simmons, the difference are definitely not those day and night type. So, if u have the budget, go for wat u want. Else, choose one tats within ur budget and be happy abt it :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing het.

I was ogling over the simmons lack series once upon a time, thinking that expensive is good.

Im using KingKoil Richmond Spinal Saver.. Latex topper... very comfy i must say... bought at 1699..

I saw the Richmond model from courts previously, it's a latex with memory foam, Queen size, retailing at $2600 with storage divan. How long have you been in use of this matress, may I ask?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
From what I've gathered from this thread, seems like my hunt for sealy/ simmon beddings are very much down the drain. Learning that what I may ended paying for is probably only branding (afterall, one is made from Thailand and another of overrated old technology).

So do advise me if I'm wrong, I should probably try out the mattress (disregarding the brand), find one comfortable pocketcoil mattress and top it up with an additional pillowtop (learning that those plushy pillowtop foams would give after several years)?

Any brands to start off? 4 stars? Kingcoil?

thanks thanks

Personally somewat agreed with you on the paying for branding theory. I'm still using my Dunlopillo (Queen size but dunno wat model) which i bought 6yrs back for like less than $800. Totally fine with it but since i'm shifting soon, tot its time to get a new mattress. Went to Home Design & Decor in early July, tried a Simmons (oso dunno wat model) tat cost $2.8k. Find tat its real nice and comfy but way off my budget. Spoke to the sale for a while and subsequently went to the opposite booth just 2 meter across. Since my wife and I love firm/hard matress, we asked for their firmest mattress and was brought to a 'Vono' brand mattress. Now, the brand sounds dodgy to me but nonethelsss, give it a try and to our surprise, not much of a diff to the Simmon one I tried like 3mins ago!! Asked for the price and it was revealed to be $999 !!! My wife and i were like looking at each other in disbelief !!! We did not commit anything since it will take a while before we actually shift.

Now, just last week, my mom ask me to for her those 3-fold thin mattress from Seahorse in Jurong point. When i reached the showroom, my wife and I were looking at their mattress. I must admit I was skeptical at their mattress especially so since its priced so cheap (less than $600). Yet again, no harm trying and once again, my wife and I tried the mattress and to our surprise (yet again), it was very firm (what we loved) and best of all, very affordable !!! then there was another mattress with memory foam padding and after trying that, I was like WTH ?!?!? si bei ho leh :o

My point is this..... I must admit though there are some differences btween Seahorse and Simmons, the differences are definitely not day and night....the same cannot be said for their price diff !!! So, if u have the budget, go for wat u want. Else, choose one tats within ur budget and be happy abt it :rolleyes:

Edited by het

If you do a little bit of research on Dorma, you will find that they are the royal warrant holder for bed linens not mattresses. Dorma does not manufacture mattresses in UK. In Singapore, Dorma is made by the same company that makes KingKoil, so if you are planning to buy a Dorma then you should just buy a KingKoil and save a lot of money in the process.

From what I've gathered from this thread, seems like my hunt for sealy/ simmon beddings are very much down the drain. Learning that what I may ended paying for is probably only branding (afterall, one is made from Thailand and another of overrated old technology).

So do advise me if I'm wrong, I should probably try out the mattress (disregarding the brand), find one comfortable pocketcoil mattress and top it up with an additional pillowtop (learning that those plushy pillowtop foams would give after several years)?

Any brands to start off? 4 stars? Kingcoil?

thanks thanks

mm..$1700 consider quite attractive?

Bed & Bedding Centre's ad: King Koil Firm Spinal Guard Queen c/w Designer Leather Bedframe = $649 nett.

Isn't it quite cheap??

I haven't been there so I'm not sure if the price is for real

I've been using King Koil firm mattresses for the past 20+ years...no complains.

Has anyone bought from Bed & Bedding Centre?

I've been noticing their ads every Sat in ST.

Prices are quite attractive.

I'm looking for King bed frame + firm mattress (King Koil, Dunlopillo) for less than 1.5K.

Any places with such price?

mm..$1700 consider quite attractive?

I've been using King Koil firm mattresses for the past 20+ years...no complains.

Has anyone bought from Bed & Bedding Centre?

I've been noticing their ads every Sat in ST.

Prices are quite attractive.

I'm looking for King bed frame + firm mattress (King Koil, Dunlopillo) for less than 1.5K.

Any places with such price?

Got ours from Courts at Tampines in Nov 09, we paid about $1700 for a king-sized bed. The layer of memory foam was less than 5 inches so its not so warm but provided that lush feeling when you sleep. Courts has a very extensive range of mattresses and really no pressure to try out or buy. You can check them out, I am sure they have in other sizes too.

semi-memory foam mattress? how much? want buy 1 single mattress with anti bed bug.

Anyone got any review for Kingkoil Thermapedic or something like that? I tried it at courts and I thought it was quite comfortable. How about Slumberland Tempsmart? Or the Nightingale from Cellini?

I have a Simmons now. Bought it several years back for 1k+. Personally, I find it quite ok. But now I see the price all like quite high. Now I need another queen bed for another room, so does anyone has good mattress to recommend that is not so expensive? I also got a slumberland bought 10 years ago. It was hard then. Now, 10 yrs later, still hard like stone!

Bought a semi-memory foam mattress......luxurious and so comfy.....that's way everyday look forward to coming home to sleep.......try memory foam, guarantee you won't regret! :D

Hi noobhouse

from this link it says 28 May to 25 July 2010 ... that's 10 DAYS from now :D :D :D

anyway, I believe most of the big shop had started doing it already

Did my harvey norman, robinsons visit yesterday at orchard centrepoint. wf and me shortlisted down to omazz and dunlopillo. There one omazz offered at 2.3k (kingsize, latex + pocket spring, before additional 5% robinsons card discount), sorry cant remember model but quite comfortable.

Another one dunlopillo darwin at harvey at 1.9k (kingsize). but mentioned if pay installment, need to forke up 5% extra.

both shop bedframe is selling about $899 >.

overall experience, both shop salesman a bit pushy. ... but wf & me hold tight to my wallet :rolleyes:

Sealy salesman at robinsons keep on giving negative feedback on other brand ... so find him irritating. anyway, when mentioned my budget, he no longer interested

anyway, from them, we learn there is natural and synthetic latex ... sooo chemmmm. did some googling on iphone, sound more toward environment friendly material.

wf will visit ck tang later as they got offer this week.

hmmm almost forgot, when GSS then? :D

Hi noobhouse

from this link it says 28 May to 25 July 2010 ... that's 10 DAYS from now :D :D :D

anyway, I believe most of the big shop had started doing it already

Did my harvey norman, robinsons visit yesterday at orchard centrepoint. wf and me shortlisted down to omazz and dunlopillo. There one omazz offered at 2.3k (kingsize, latex + pocket spring, before additional 5% robinsons card discount), sorry cant remember model but quite comfortable.

Another one dunlopillo darwin at harvey at 1.9k (kingsize). but mentioned if pay installment, need to forke up 5% extra.

both shop bedframe is selling about $899 >.

overall experience, both shop salesman a bit pushy. ... but wf & me hold tight to my wallet :rolleyes:

Sealy salesman at robinsons keep on giving negative feedback on other brand ... so find him irritating. anyway, when mentioned my budget, he no longer interested

anyway, from them, we learn there is natural and synthetic latex ... sooo chemmmm. did some googling on iphone, sound more toward environment friendly material.

wf will visit ck tang later as they got offer this week.

Edited by dbkungfu