Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
starrynight

Which Matress Is Good

HI - has anyone try Max Coil or Magic Coil? Care to share your experience?

As having a good sleep is important, we invested in what we thought was a good mattress from a popular brand back in 2007. We had Orthorest mattress under Dunlopillo. This is supposed to be a very good mattress with Visco elastic memory foam pillow top (provide comfy) and individual pocket spring (provide support and minimum disturbance to your spouse). Initially it performs at stated but after 4.5yrs the memory foam softens. After much follow up, service guy came to check and said the spring is ok. Suggest either replace the pillow top or trade in a new one. We spend $200+ to replace pillow top. However, after 2 yrs, we noticed that both sides of mattress were sagging significantly. Again after calling many times to Dunlopillo, the same service guy came (understand this is the only guy in the company that does servicing) and he came to measure the amount of sagging. The way the measurement was done was not logical and he claimed that we sit on the side that causes sagging to take place. Sagging at side is more than the warranty limit set. Who would sit on the bed for long hours to cause the sagging compare to the amount of time sleeping on it. When we sleep on it, we can feel it slumped inwards (poor support) and aching results. As the pillow top is on top of it, you can't truly see the amount the base has sagged on the inner side. When we buy the mattress, we expect individual pocket spring fr renowned brand should last at least 8-10yrs. But it starts giving us different problem after 4.5yrs. I saw in another thread - Dunlopillo Mattress-comments - another member has the same problem as we faced. They bought it the same time at we do. Service guy suggested we go for Seahorse if we want firm support. ......shock to hear such feedback fr service guy.

With this bad experience, we are looking for other brands. As we are budget constrained, we came across Max Coil (assembled in Malaysia) and Magic Coil (made in Singapore). Wonder does anyone has experience with any of these brands? Thanks.

Hi,

I have tried both brands before. Max Coil are made in Indonesia not Malaysia. If between these two brands, I prefer Magic koil.

Currently, I'm using Goodnite mattress from Malaysia. In terms of comfort and pricing, I think it's a good buy. the reasons why I choose Goodnite is because I google them and found out that they are original products from original factory. Most or all the 'branded' mattress in Singapore are under licensing and they are OEM products which are made by factories is Asia or China.

Here are some of the links I saved when I do my reseach. Hope it helps. Let me know if my homework is wrong. Hehehe...

Goodnite: http://www.goodnite.com.my/about.html

Sealy: http://www.jaspalhome.com/index.php?reqp=about_jaspal/about_jaspal_strategic

Serta: http://www.serta.com/international-locations

Englander: http://www.englander.com/about_intl_mfg.html

King Koil: http://www.mgc.com.sg/company.html

Dunlopillo: http://www.spainbusiness.com/icex/cda/controller/pageGen/0,3346,1549487_1561539_1596908_4540126,00.html

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

HI - has anyone try Max Coil or Magic Coil? Care to share your experience?

As having a good sleep is important, we invested in what we thought was a good mattress from a popular brand back in 2007. We had Orthorest mattress under Dunlopillo. This is supposed to be a very good mattress with Visco elastic memory foam pillow top (provide comfy) and individual pocket spring (provide support and minimum disturbance to your spouse). Initially it performs at stated but after 4.5yrs the memory foam softens. After much follow up, service guy came to check and said the spring is ok. Suggest either replace the pillow top or trade in a new one. We spend $200+ to replace pillow top. However, after 2 yrs, we noticed that both sides of mattress were sagging significantly. Again after calling many times to Dunlopillo, the same service guy came (understand this is the only guy in the company that does servicing) and he came to measure the amount of sagging. The way the measurement was done was not logical and he claimed that we sit on the side that causes sagging to take place. Sagging at side is more than the warranty limit set. Who would sit on the bed for long hours to cause the sagging compare to the amount of time sleeping on it. When we sleep on it, we can feel it slumped inwards (poor support) and aching results. As the pillow top is on top of it, you can't truly see the amount the base has sagged on the inner side. When we buy the mattress, we expect individual pocket spring fr renowned brand should last at least 8-10yrs. But it starts giving us different problem after 4.5yrs. I saw in another thread - Dunlopillo Mattress-comments - another member has the same problem as we faced. They bought it the same time at we do. Service guy suggested we go for Seahorse if we want firm support. ......shock to hear such feedback fr service guy.

With this bad experience, we are looking for other brands. As we are budget constrained, we came across Max Coil (assembled in Malaysia) and Magic Coil (made in Singapore). Wonder does anyone has experience with any of these brands? Thanks.

Hi Guys ,

Just went with my wife for the furniture expo/ robinson CP & RC and shortlisted a few mattress :-

a) Englander Harmony - $3400++ (Feel wise not bad, just that the promoter abit pushy ... throw in 3d 2n cruise .. = =") wife is not interested at all

b) Simmons Coralville - $4100 ++ ( Support is good, pillow top is ok and heat doesnt trap but compared to floraville the comfort level in terms of plushness is lower)

c) Simmons Floraville - $3800++ ( Support is good, pillow top is excellent, but will trap abit of heat.) Wife's favorite due to the pocket coils, both of us are light sleeper.

d) Slumberland Royal Highness - $2800++ (All rounder averager, support good (Sales person claimed have 1600 or 3200 springs), pillow top is also good) 15 years warranty as per the Sales person's claim) I'm tempted but wife not very keen. Believe she have set her sight on one of the simmons dreamscape

For those who are interested in getting a Simmon Mattress, the auntie at galley shop at Simmons Tampines has just inform me this afternoon mentioning there are some clearance sales for a few Beautyrest classic models, etc. obession/ attraction / one more i forgot ... all around $2100 ++.

Will go for more window shopping tomorrow with wife until we can agree on the same mattress ... did suggest to her to get 2 single mattress and park side by side :)

after searching all over in robinsons, courts, and finally made my decision to go with tilam king.

I tested it and and recommending because I just feel that that mattress are very good! and also Singaporeans should support fellow Singaporeans more.

check them out, say Mr ONG invoice number 80399, say one.

Hi 3Dyms, which omazz model did you buy? How much did you pay for it?

I bought the Frank Royal model (3 layer full latex) from Robinsons Centrepoint. Special promo price then was about $4+K.

Hi bto2013,

At first I placed order for their Nabobsim, but I changed it to other model cos I decided to buy a new mattress for my mum as well. The boss recommended me one with memory foam called Nitingale cos I'm a side sleeper. And I got a more firm mattress with latex top for my mum (cant remember the name)

My new place is not ready yet but I have my mattress delivered 1st to replace my old ones. I cant sleep well with my current mattress. It's the worst mattress I ever purchased!!!

I been sleeping on Goodnite mattress for almost a week now and I LOVE it!

My gals sleeps with me and she loves to sleep on my arm. With my old mattress, I get numbness in my arm after awhile and I got to move her away (which I hate it cos she will wake up!) but so far with my new mattress, I dont get this problem. If you ask me about their mattress, I would say it's a good buy. Luxurious comfort with a reasonable price. Hehe... With my aircon on, I really feel like sleeping in a 5-star hotel. hahaha....

As for the other model, it's yet to be delivered so I cant comment.

Anyway I got my king size mattress from Goodnite already. Hehe... very good price & comfory as compared to other reputable brands.

My Malaysian friends told me that Goodnite a very big & establish brand in their country. Go Google about them & u'll know what I mean.

Btw bto2013, which bedframe u like from Goodnite? Can PM me the details? Perhaps I can help

hey which goodnite mattress did you buy? I am probably going to settle for goodnite too. Cant remember the name now but it was the $1.4k one which was pretty plush with the "sink in" feeling. Just wondering if its too soft over long term use

Omazz mattress is from $2k+ onwards. It depends if you going for full latex or those latex pillow top with spring bottom. The full latex is more expensive. I got the 3 layer latex during a sale for $4k+.

Hi bto2013, u're right I got my mattress from Hommage. I yet to decide on my bed frame. Either their solid wood frame or storage.

Pills, I agreed with you that Tempur mattress really feel different as compared to others mattress cos it's full memory foam Omazz mattrrss is full latex so more bouncy. 2 different types of material provide 2 different type of comfort.

As for my mattress, I got both latex n memory foam in it. So I suppose I will get both the comfort?! Hehe...

The different between Omazz and Tempur is Omazz is more bouncy. I tried that too. Guess you'll need to lie on it to see which you prefer.