Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
starrynight

Which Matress Is Good

saw today strait time got robinsons' advertisement for mattress sales.

$1,500 can get simmons, tempur, omazz etc etc

will go down and check out later

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

bought a simmons beautyrest obsession 3.7k with 4 simmons pillow with delivery date in 2014 from the recent asia pacific fair at expo last week.

original price was 6k-ish ( cant remeber the exact price ). 3.7k was final with a further 5% discount.

its a 12'' bed with memory foam instead of latex. bed is really personal, just have to lie there for a good 10 mins or more to get the feel. dont be shy as you are paying that much.

compared a few brands.

maxcoil / sealy / lotus / dunlopillo - final choice shortisted down to maxcoil and simmons. since we are already intend to be paying about 2k-ish for maxcoil ( heard the mattress is made in batam as per the sales person, we are paying more for assurance.

trust it helps.

Just bought a Maxcoil a week ago with storage bedframe, find the mattress too thick although very comfy.

Might be selling it off at a bargain and shop for a thinner one below 10", or else have to climb bed every night.

Maxcoil Optimum Therapy II, memory form pillow top 4"

Individual barrel pocket spring 10"

total mattress height 14"

Any interested member can PM me. Thanks.

My 2 cts worth on mattress selection since I went through that recently too. As someone said already, dun shy, go and lie down to try ! :notti:

I dun like Sealy cos it's too soft - I went to try the 12k mattress (ya, why 12k huh? :bow: )and the guy was horrified when I told him I don't like it. :P Same with the cheaper ones, cos their top layer too soft and plush for my liking.

Seahorse is too hard for me, King Koil, Natura felt ok but dunno if I lie down on it longer, will I feel the same so I'm going back to the brand I know lor...Dunlopillo.

I've also tried many Dunlopillo ones, some of them are too plush as well, cos they use talalay latex on top. I'm probably going for the Romero Premium model which is around $2599 for queen size. I spoke directly to the saleslady from Dunlopillo direct and she told me they have just had new models that came in so probably will go down and try again. Fyi, that store is in City Square Mall, I think they may have 1 other branch but not sure where. That lady is quite knowledgeable, by the name of Corrina.

Ultimately, the lie down test is the best as well as your own preference. If it feels good to you, then buy it lah, nevermind what other people say.

I agree too, most mattress are the same regardless of the brand, it only the spec inside the mattress, most usa or europe mattress dont make in there, so why paid so much if you can get yhe same quality with other brand for half of the price. High price does not mean good, only mattress that suit you is the matter.

no one tried Natura mattress from univonna before?

I agree too, most mattress are the same regardless of the brand, it only the spec inside the mattress, most usa or europe mattress dont make in there, so why paid so much if you can get yhe same quality with other brand for half of the price. High price does not mean good, only mattress that suit you is the matter.

I have to agree that it is not how much the mattress cost. It is whether it suits the needs. Some people want it firmer, while some people perfer softer.

Serta and Sealy are way off my budget. Will be considering King Koil, Slumberland and Dunlopillo.

i just bought Slumberland queensize mattress Tempsmart II 1600.. **** shiok, i lie down already almost fall asleep at the courts showroom. paid 2899 plus bedframe and 2 free microgel pillow.

before buying i tried the norm - simmons, sealy, serta but none of them is as shiok as the tempsmart i bought.. even the other slumberland mattresses "hotel range" kind also not as shiok..

the tempsmart technology is supposed to keep u cool at night with ventilation blah etc.. but really shiok lar i highly recommend everyone to go and try

After hopping around the big 4S, talking to all the salespersons while comfortably lying down on their beds, wifey and I decided to put our hard earned money on dunlopillo duchess (king size).

We think there is definitely a real difference in the 'top top' series of the 4Ses and our purchase, but going down to the 4 to 6k ones, we can't feel much benefits. The top series are way out of our budget, so going for the 2.6k duchess (with nice frame and 2 upgraded memory foam pillows :good:) was a no brainer. Had went king koil too... but nothing attracted us. And for Serta, we felt there was way too much disturbance because of the connected spring tech they use.

So my 2cents for everyone. Go lie down! Dun paisey. Just lie until u are ready to hop to the next :D

Edited by lucass

OT go home, internet till 1/2/3 am. Everyday sleep < 6 hrs only. Any mattress also can. LOL

OK real talk: Last time seahorse got good pocket spring mattress, they pulled out from pocketed spring mattress model - I guess price-to-sell result in susbstainbility issue. I got 1single, 1s.single, 1Q from it - very good and happy till today. Unfortunately, SH now sells foam.

A website selling beds.sg educate its user that mattress can be customise/manufactured to different budget with the the retailer brand on it. Some mattress different brand but you could be buying the same thing. Right or Wrong ?

Edited by libbit6789

It is really nice to read different experiences from all of you with different types of mattresses. I would personally suggest to use the Memory foam mattress for the people who have back soreness and want to have comfortable night sleep.