Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
starrynight

Which Matress Is Good

I had a KingKoll previously but have just bought a Black Label Simmons and it's really worth every cent. I imported mine from the US through a freight company call <b>ezpzx</b> Checked all the shops in SG and this top of the line Simmons mattress is Retailing in SG at S$12,000 - S$25,000!! No kidding!!! You can go check it out yourself! I got my Queen size one for < S$4k.

Hi Mummymoo

Care to explain the process of how u shipped the mattress from US back to S'pore? the freight company will help on the custom clearance and deliver to your place?? I'm also interested in the Black Label Simmon but price in Sing is really too steep, 20k over for one mattress.. haha no way.

And which website did you bought the black label from?

Rgds / Sone

Edited by Sone

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I bought a SEALY companion $4k plus. Supposedly packed with loads of stuff.

But let me tell you, what separates between you & the bed is the mattress protector & the bedsheet.

When we tried out the bed at the showroom, it was soft and plushy. after adding on the protector & bedsheet, cant feel a thing.

i realise we pay so much for all the "TECHNOLOGY" and "GOOD" stuff in the mattress but do we actually feel it?

How to choose:

1. DO NOT GO FOR BRANDS, find one that suit your budget

2. Choose the hardness you springiness that you like.

3. do not be taken by the softness of the mattress fabric, you cant feel it.

4. The whole bed selling thing is a gimmick. Everyone can claim they sell the lowest price for a certain brand, as the mattress has all been named differently. same model different names.

5. spend more on bedsheets!

Cheers

Dave

im also looking for a bed but so irritating all the places have different models very hard to compare prices.

So far, I like the sealy moret 9inch with 12layers pillowtop (think it looks like 3 inch plush top) but it's at $4200 best price liao at IMM (my hubby refused to even go look at it as it's way past our budget), another one max coil therapy 4 pocketed spring box with 3 inch natural latex pillow top at courts choa chu kang $2699 but I have seen bad reviews about maxcoil that the mattress don't last.

Anyone knows where's the best value buy currently?

So far I have heard good reviews for Tempur, Dunlopillo Duchess, Serta Field of Dreams.

My old mattress is from Simmons Beautyrest, I bought like only $999 10 years ago. So worthwhile!! But now the cheapest range from Simmons still cost at least $2499, my gosh.

Is there any review on the latex mattress you bought from magic koil? Has anyone here bought mattresses online before? Especially from this website, http://www.prestige-affairs.com ? They only carry a Magic koil mattresses? Any inputs would be appreciated plz. Recommendations to other sites that retails magic koil is appreciated as well!! Thkz. :)

And what about beds sg also? Thanks! :)

i tried lying-down on alot of brands of mattresses...

From Sealy, Slumberland, Dunlopillo, Sweet dreams, King Koil, Magic Koil...etc.

Prices for above mattress brands varies alot...

Some can go up to $3K-$5K! Wow!!

In the end,i bought the Magic Koil latex queen-size mattress & storage bedframe for about $2K.

The lying-down comfort w support feeling, feels the same as branded mattresses. :notti:

Saved me $1K to buy other stuffs for my new home...! :thumbs up:

Is there any review on the latex mattress you bought from magic koil? Has anyone here bought mattresses online before? Especially from this website, http://www.prestige-affairs.com ? They only carry a Magic koil mattresses? Any inputs would be appreciated plz. Recommendations to other sites that retails magic koil is appreciated as well!! Thkz. :)

Hi C Monkey

Saw your post on this mattress some time back. How is it so far (heard that it isnt so good after a while) so just wanted to check it out with you ~ thanks!

Thanks!

snowiee, my Simmons Backcare Ultimate is a Queen size and it's my basic Beautyrest that is the King size. I remember the former to be 3K. It's been too long, so I can't remember well. If you really want to know, do call Taka bedding department to check out.

The Backcare Ultimate has a very thick plush layer right on the top. Luxurious is what I would describe it as. I am very tempted to change my King size mattress but I think I will have to wait a bit more. I have so much to do for our new home this year already, so this prospective purchase can wait.

i tried lying-down on alot of brands of mattresses...

From Sealy, Slumberland, Dunlopillo, Sweet dreams, King Koil, Magic Koil...etc.

Prices for above mattress brands varies alot...

Some can go up to $3K-$5K! Wow!!

In the end,i bought the Magic Koil latex queen-size mattress & storage bedframe for about $2K.

The lying-down comfort w support feeling, feels the same as branded mattresses. :notti:

Saved me $1K to buy other stuffs for my new home...! :thumbs up:

Edited by Chrissmoo

We bought Sealy Mayfair, $2.4k not including bedframe which is optional at an additional $599. Wife felt the mattress was comparable to some she slept on in hotels. :)

nobody thinking of using seahorse? I have been using that for the past 10 years and it is still serving me well and price is reasonable.

Recently, bought a king size Isaiah lavander organic mattress from OM..same kind of comfort level as 3's..latex n memory foam.. Heard e saleperson it is made in italy, but i doubt wif such a price..however we decided to choose it for our 1st home bcos sealy too soft for us, simmon overpriced, serta we dun like e bedframe, slumberland e prc can be slashed by half if buy frm msia.. So v decided to buy this black horse brand n it costs us 2988 nett incluse storage bedframe, 2 pillow n matress protection.. Anyone hav use tis brand before?