Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Harriette

Modern Em Reno@ Bukit Panjang

Hi all,

Hubby and I recently bought an EM. Located next to a swimming pool/pond, this EM commands good views from the glass balcony, yard and master bedroom. It is also bright and breezy. We hope to transform this place into a lovely home for our family.

It is hard to find a HDB flat with a glass balcony.

Bukit Panjang Plaza (a shopping mall) and the upcoming MRT station are within walking distance.

gallery_55783_168_34020.jpg

Edited by Harriette

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

After much consideration, we decided to engage Jay and Velle to be our IDs. They recently did Vanessa's EM at Hougang. Seeing how nice Vanessa's place is, I hope my place will turn out to be just as nice.

Our reasons for engaging Jay and Velle are:

1. I like their designs. I find that they are able to come up with clean, simple designs which are classic and tasteful.

2. They charge a fixed design fee and do not take commission from the contractor. I feel that this will enable them to propose designs which I need, rather than designs that are most profitable.

Here is a before photo of the living room and Jay/Velle's design for us:

gallery_55783_168_6445.jpg

Here's the design for the kitchen. We are going to do an IKEA kitchen. We feel that this will give us the affordability and flexibility to change kitchen every 10 years. Our kitchen in our current 5-room flat is about 10 years old. It is outdated and we were itching to renovate it. However, it was too daunting.

gallery_55783_168_43057.jpg