Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

The electrician had 4 workers with him and managed to complete the running of electrical wiring and network cables within the day. I headed over to check on the works and was pleasantly surprised that the false ceiling materials have already been loaded into the unit. They will be starting work the next day and be done by end of the week so that the place can be cleared for HDB cement screeding next week.

False Ceiling Materials

FalseCeilingMaterials.jpg

Living Room Electrical Wiring

ElectricalWiringInstallation04.jpg

Passageway Electrical Wiring

ElectricalWiringInstallation10.jpg

Kitchen Oven and Eubiq Power Track Electrical Wiring

ElectricalWiringInstallation05.jpg

Kitchen Hood Electrical Wiring

ElectricalWiringInstallation06.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Here is a tip about the main door's swing arm that my father-in-law advised and insisted that we adopt it. :lol:

To prevent unnecessary wear or damage due to over extension during the renovation period, you can consider removing the swing arm and only refitting it back after the works are completed.

MainDoorSwingArm.jpg

Just to check, what is a good height for these electrical & data points (Above the floor) ?

I think this will largely depend on what devices you be using the data points with and whether there will be any furniture or built-in carpentry around it.

In my case, as the points in my living room and study will be terminated with patch panels and integrated into the TV console and study respectively, they are laid at the height of the built-in carpentry.

For the points in my bedrooms where they are terminated with faceplates, I have them dropped to the same height as the rest of the power points.

Wah you got a very hi-tech house. lol

Come to think of it, I should have lay more than 1 network point in my study area. :(

Wah you got a very hi-tech house. lol

Come to think of it, I should have lay more than 1 network point in my study area. :(

Probably just well networked, it's not like I am going to integrate home automation systems. Now, that will really be hi-tech.

More updates on the work we managed to schedule forward ahead of next week's HDB cement screed.

We agreed to AL's suggestion that we add a narrow wall to the study's low wall to provide better support to the fixed glass panels considering that the cost of it will be borne by him and it was up the next day after the electrician's team did their part.

StudyHollowBlockWallAddition.jpg

The false ceiling sub-contractor also came in and installed all the false ceilings, L-boxes and cove lighting boxes within the day. At this point, I have to commend AL on his project management so far. Even at short notice, he is able to arrange for his sub-contractor to come in when necessary and they have been able to keep to his schedule. We can only hope this will continue all the way through to the end of the renovation. :bow:

Living Room L-box and Cove Lighting Box

FalseCeilingInstallation01.jpg

FalseCeilingInstallation02.jpg

Passageway False Ceiling and Air-Con Trunking Box-Up

FalseCeilingInstallation03.jpg

No typo, $150 to lay all the network cables with trunking, plus a fibre optic cable I added in. And because I decided to go for the maximum number of connections possible, I basically consumed the entire 305m reel of cat6 cable taking into account the buffer length they left on each ends.We have not had serious discussions about the arrangements with regards to occasional help with childcare but our parents are definitely a possibility.

Hi mavicaste,

When we told our ID for data points to be installed in every room (say one point for us to connect to switch), he sounded shocked. His expression gives us the thought that it might be very expensive.

$150 sounds very very reasonable!

Hi mavicaste,

When we told our ID for data points to be installed in every room (say one point for us to connect to switch), he sounded shocked. His expression gives us the thought that it might be very expensive.

$150 sounds very very reasonable!

Yes, $150 to lay so many runs of cables is certainly more than reasonable but just to be clear, I supplied that cables and will be terminating the points on my own.

mishmash

Better not get the impression that market rate is $150 for everything. This price is not just "more than reasonable". To me, it is ridiculously cheap. I paid much more than this per point, although I must disclose that mine were all concealed, over long distance and included supply of cables and termination which mavicaste is doing himself. I think market rate for unconcealed may be around $150 per point but I am not sure.

Edited by kstoh

mishmash

Better not get the impression that market rate is $150 for everything. This price is not just "more than reasonable". To me, it is ridiculously cheap. I paid much more than this per point, although I must disclose that mine were all concealed, over long distance and included supply of cables and termination which mavicaste is doing himself. I think market rate for unconcealed may be around $150 per point but I am not sure.

From the quotations I received while shopping for my renovation firms, they range anywhere between $60 to $90 per standard, non-concealed point.