Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

My wife managed to moved the key collection date 3 days earlier to 7 February so we can have the weekend to do whatever we need before starting any work. :jammin:

The first draft of the 3D drawings just came in. We actually decided on whatever materials we could and have AL proposed the rest on our behalf so the choice of materials is definitely not final. From the drawings, we can see that AL managed to get most of the ideas across to the outsourced drafter but the person seemed to be quite fixated on using modern themed accessories which does not go with the rest of the style. :bangwall:

In any case, as AL has said, revisions to drawings are inevitable and we will resume the discussions and start work after the Lunar New Year break.

Living Room TV Console - We have included side shelving to the left of the TV console but this is not reflected in the drawings. Another option we are possibly taking up is the use of cement screed like Nippon Momento paint on the long side of the living room wall. We are also exploring for an alternative to black tinted glass as the front cover of the TV console.

LivingRoomDraft01.jpg

Shoe Cabinet - The wife prefers to do without the cavity for loose items as a very industrial piece of wall cabinet from Galanga Living caught our eyes. We may decide to use a cement screed like laminate for the shoe cabinet instead.

ShoeCabinetDraft01.jpg

Kitchen - The wife doesn't quite take to the laminate used here so its back to the drawing board for this.

KitchenDraft02.jpg

Study - Accurately represented the carpentry we have in mind with the only major difference is that the fixed glass panels will not be full height as we prefer to keep 30cm of the bottom wall.

StudyDraft01.jpg

Bathroom - Both bathrooms are to be a mirror image of each other. Nothing much else other than that we will be using ceramic sinks instead of the glass bowls depicted here. Perhaps the only question applicable is whether to have the shower screen framed with black aluminium like the rest of the home.

BathroomDraft01.jpg

Edited by mavicaste

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Yummy 3D! Congrats on one big step to your reno.

So far you are doing tv console kitchen, shoe cabinet, study area and toilets for carpentry?

Should look very different with the textures from 'Momento'. I saw many 'floating' clocks in 3D but maybe not so practical to get/include?

:)

Yummy 3D! Congrats on one big step to your reno.

So far you are doing tv console kitchen, shoe cabinet, study area and toilets for carpentry?

Should look very different with the textures from 'Momento'. I saw many 'floating' clocks in 3D but maybe not so practical to get/include?

:)

For now, the only other carpentry will be the wardrobe in the main bedroom.

The living room drawing is the farthest from what we have in mind and fails to represent the mood we are trying to achieve. For the revisions, we are planning to have AL refer the drafter to this thread and get an idea of the type of furnishing we are looking at as well as the lightings. My wife also pointed out that the vinyl flooring for the study is different. It could be that AL had the drafter used both designs that we shortlisted in the drawings to help us make the most informed choice.

Edited by mavicaste

Wonderful 3D drawings! Do you mind sharing how you actually post your images? Do you click the image button and add the url? Or use My Media? Which site then do you use to host your pics? =)

Wonderful 3D drawings! Do you mind sharing how you actually post your images? Do you click the image button and add the url? Or use My Media? Which site then do you use to host your pics? =)

Sorry for the late reply, saw that you already managed to hotlink your images using Google Drive.

My process is more old school. I resize the longer side's width of all my images to 800 pixels before uploading them to Photobucket and then hotlinking them in my posts.

As for the 3D drawings, there will be some revisions to the wall colours, laminates and carpentry design, not forgetting to mention the modern themed accessories.

Hope everyone had a great time catching up with your family and friends over the Lunar New Year long weekend. I feasted so much all my dieting and futsal sessions all went down the drain. :help:

Key collection is just 3 days away and I hope all the regular running around then will help me lose the weight gained during this festive period.

Our current lighting plan involves extensive light-boxes and cove lighting in the living and minimal partial light-boxes in the bedrooms and study. We understand the use of light-boxes and cove lighting deviates from the industrial theme but we feel practicality, in the sense of even lighting and ease of maintenance, trumps over going all out for aesthetics. Hopefully, we will be able seek a balance through the introduction of some industrial lighting pieces. We have only recently started looking around Taobao and these are our current favourites but you can expect more changes ahead.

Dining Light - The height of this may pose a problem but we will keep looking around or see if its is possible to shorten the drop

DiningLight.jpg

Kitchen Light - The glass shade should allow for maximum coverage in an area where good lighting is essential

KitchenLight.jpg

Bathroom Light - Something simple and without grills so that the light does not cast shadows

BathroomLight.jpg

Edited by mavicaste

The day has come and we have finally collected the keys to our very own place!

Our appointment was at 8:10am and we were promptly served the minute they started work. The entire process took a little longer for us as the HDB officer found my signatures to be a tad too inconsistent and so requested that I switched to using thumbprints to endorse the documents. As a result, I had to go through all our documents from the earlier appointments and put my prints next to my signatures. So if you are like me who tend to sign with a degree of variance, you may want to have some practice. ;)

KeyCollection.jpg

We are by and large atheists and our family have different beliefs amongst them but for our very own place, we thought there is no harm in performing some pretty basic rituals for good luck. We just took reference to the procedures found at the following site and added a few additional instructions from our parents. It didn't feel like a chore and was actually quite a fun activity to be honest.

http://www.geomancy.net/wiki/Procedure_for_1st_time_Opening_of_entrance_door

OpeningRitual.jpg

Photos of our home in its original state to follow soon...

Edited by mavicaste