Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
EMinlove

Love In Em @ Jurong West

Is it submission to HDB must also include artwork which includes details such as the staircase side wall??? I would have thought you only need to indicate which wall to demolish which wall to construct.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

So while we wait for the outcome of the stairs, we went down today to have a view of the flat after debris and hacking...

Geez..I must say, just figuring out where the switches go and placement of the lights are super tiring tasks! My husband and I actually have to get two glasses of wine after the 2.5hrs viewing. Walking around the hot, dusty and not ventilated place is no fun at all :angry2: OkOk too much complain..i shall stop haha

So here we go with some photos of the house after hacking!

1) Panoramic view of my whole house from entrance:

image_zpsc27613fe.jpg?t=1385473008

2) The stairs after hacking : Look at the condition already, ain't it very silly to rebuild the whole wall all over again?! Sighhhhhh

image_zpse024c43a.jpg?t=1385472601

3) View of the balcony from living room

image_zpsfeb9b3ee.jpg?t=1385472518

4) The storage under the stairs. One thing I realize this house is extreme shortage of storage room

image_zpsc02bf618.jpg?t=1385472754

5) I can't help but notice this odd dented in area at the wall dividing my kitchen and living which is near my balcony. It come as part of the apartment structure which I thought it is quite uqinue and I actually quite like it. With a fresh coat of paint and a nice piece of art there will fit perfect!

image_zpsf0d814f2.jpg?t=1385474548

6) The Kitchen

image_zpsc98013cd.jpg?t=1385472458

Cont...

Edited by EMinlove

Cont...

7) The ugly zig zag stairs wall again

image_zps58df1188.jpg?t=1385472703

8) My masteroom

image_zps0ae552b0.jpg?t=1385472791

9) My two common rooms upstairs

image_zps8d3c1635.jpg?t=1385472826

Also, did I mention? All the walls in the house are RockStones and they drive us nuts! So we will need to plaster everything!

AND FINALLY! After all the hacking, the nasty dirty smells are GONE :jammin: Blessed the worker who hacked and clearer all the debris in our house...

We are really really looking forward to see the final outcome of our new place. :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by EMinlove

If according to ID artwork submitted is concrete wall, why not resubmit artwork with metal railing?? I think your ID does not want to do this part if the work or does not know how to. So he is discouraging you with high cost etc.

As what everyone is saying, if you are just removing the additional concrete and not touching any structural part, what is the big deal? I think many people will just proceed.

I have paid to get PE certification that it is ok to knock down certain walls. (see my blog). Each time no more than $500. Of course if you are going to rebuild the whole staircase, that is a different story altogether. But simple knocking down of a non structural staircase low wall, first time I hear need $10,000, TOP, CSC etc. that is rebuilding of house lah!!!

With Black & White theme in mind...here's what we gonna do for lower floor (missing in this photo, we will be doing a trellis at the balcony subject to HDB approval...again...I am praying very hard for this to happen :bow:

HomeLvl1_zps903d95ad.png?t=1385477202

Here's upper floor design. Very simple and not much carpentary expect my walk in wardrobe as we have a few lose furniture from our current place to bring over. The bigger common room will make into Study Room and the smaller odd shape room is our guest room :thumbs up:

image_zpsc2916eb2.jpg?t=1385475605

P/S: I fail to understand what were these people thinking when they build the house...why is the master bathroom so much smaller than common bathroom?! Urghhh :angry2:

Edited by EMinlove

If according to ID artwork submitted is concrete wall, why not resubmit artwork with metal railing?? I think your ID does not want to do this part if the work or does not know how to. So he is discouraging you with high cost etc.

As what everyone is saying, if you are just removing the additional concrete and not touching any structural part, what is the big deal? I think many people will just proceed.

I have paid to get PE certification that it is ok to knock down certain walls. (see my blog). Each time no more than $500. Of course if you are going to rebuild the whole staircase, that is a different story altogether. But simple knocking down of a non structural staircase low wall, first time I hear need $10,000, TOP, CSC etc. that is rebuilding of house lah!!!

Kstoh,

Yar, I totally agree with you..

However, according to her, she said the artwork that submitted to show the current status (concrete) vs new the new layout (metal rail) that makes the problem :dunno:

My ID said last time she quoted me $450 for PE endorsement to hack the wall.

But now because is to totally change the structure from Concrete to Metal Rail, the HDB officer and HQ insisted that all changes/hacking of stairway need QP and BCA approval. That is the new requirement now. And my ID further clarify that PE consultation here cost so much because it involves calculation of the enginerring structure blablabla. :help:

I personally also called up the HDB officer, and this time he said we can try to cancel the current permit and resubmit another one stating that original state was in Metal Rail. So I am asking my ID to do so...lets see what happens :dunno:

My ID said last time she quoted me $450 for PE endorsement to hack the wall.

But now because is to totally change the structure from Concrete to Metal Rail, the HDB officer and HQ insisted that all changes/hacking of stairway need QP and BCA approval. That is the new requirement now. And my ID further clarify that PE consultation here cost so much because it involves calculation of the enginerring structure blablabla. :help:

I personally also called up the HDB officer, and this time he said we can try to cancel the current permit and resubmit another one stating that original state was in Metal Rail. So I am asking my ID to do so...lets see what happens :dunno:

That is good news, at least there is still a chance that the hacking can get approved. All the best.

With Black & White theme in mind...here's what we gonna do for lower floor (missing in this photo, we will be doing a trellis at the balcony subject to HDB approval...again...I am praying very hard for this to happen :bow:

HomeLvl1_zps903d95ad.png?t=1385477202

Here's upper floor design. Very simple and not much carpentary expect my walk in wardrobe as we have a few lose furniture from our current place to bring over. The bigger common room will make into Study Room and the smaller odd shape room is our guest room :thumbs up:

image_zpsc2916eb2.jpg?t=1385475605

P/S: I fail to understand what were these people thinking when they build the house...why is the master bathroom so much smaller than common bathroom?! Urghhh :angry2:

Looking forward to see your house transformation.

The idea of the walk-in wardole in MBR also my initial intention but later because of the bed facing and placement, we drop the idea.

Btw...shared with you these great online software for layout planning http://floorplanner.com/

It is free.

These is what I drawn using the software of my unit...

overall.jpg

wow! Thanks Danny!

I didnt know there is such a software shall play around with it. I am waiting for my ID to render the 3D out, so can't upload yet as the previous 3D to current plan had so many changes already :)

Btw, saw some body's house staircase...I guess worst case scenario, will just have to do mine something like that. May not look too bad afterall

image_zps1309d140.jpg?t=1385565972

Sorry I am jumping around with ideas, because while the reno is in progress I need to search for electrical stuff. I have checked out Parissilk and got some quotes on a few items. However, some are harder to find reviews, maybe is new model ( :dunno: ). Can you all give me genuine user feedback on the items below? Like the brand and functionality or durability?

Much appreciated and thank you in advance! :sport-smiley-018:

1) Panasonic Fridge: Model NR-F605T

b7b95882-150e-48f0-9fc7-771288d8cea9_zps

2) Bosch Dish Washer, Model SMS50E88EU

070de302-cbf3-4d3d-bb71-bdc172dfec2a_zps

3) Samsung WF702 washing machine

image_zpsa1a1a2ec.jpg?t=1385565889

4) Mitshubishi aircond: 4 units + 1 compressor

bb9e1e3a-03df-46b5-91ac-d772e654b7e7_zps

de99e413-bd29-49ab-a5d4-63fb170d7861_zps

5) Panasonic aircond: 4 units + 1 compressor (this one quite sleek design but the sales manager said no one requested for this model before)

image_zps2686ada0.jpg?t=1385565192

6) Lastly Toshiba brand, model no: RA55M41 (5units + 1 compressor) $5828.

No photo for this model, but it will be enough for my living, dining, and all 3 bedroom upstairs. Anyone using this model? It is super ex but I wonder if the aircond will be strong enough having 5units to share 1 compressor...of course, we not turning on all 5 units together, but still....

Fridge - http://www.panasonic.com/sg/consumer/home-appliance/fridges/2-door/nr-by602.html

2 doors and big enough to fill many things. Too many doors actually reduce the storage capacity.

Freezer compartment at the bottom which is good as we seldom open the freezer. So when we grab a drink or other stuff, dont have to bend down to look for it.

Aircon - Was recommended Mitsubishi Starmex and also been using it. Aircon service man commented parts are robust and compressor pretty solid compared to other brands.

Actually given the size and layout of your house, you should consider to have 2 systems and not a system 4.

Fridge wise, I am not sure about brand but try not to get those huge fridge with top and bottom side door opening. Imagine everytime you open the door you draw out alot of cool air and everything you closed the door you pushing in a lot of hot air. This will make the fridge compressor work harder thus consume more electricity.

It is better to chose those with more smaller door opening and multi compartment. Your choice here seem to be good.

For Air-con, our block has not be upgraded for electrical loading to 40amps so you need to be careful when choosing the Aircon. (ours only 30amps, if I remember correctly) Some of the model of the aircon has compressor with high electrical rating and cannot be installed. Example some model under Mitsubushi Heavy Industrial range.

I am using a Starmex system 4. So far so good. But as you know I partition part of my living room so System 4 is sufficent for me.

The outdoor unit I think 28,000 btu with fancoil 1x10K and 3x9K .

2 compressor in one unit may not be permitted for a 30amps household.

Ceiling casette aircon, I think you need to drop your false ceiling really low to installed one. Not advicable in most instances

Check this for the electrical rating

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/bn25/isos119p.nsf/Search?OpenForm

Washer,

I am using a Samsung front loading now...not too bad in term of function but it is very very noisy when spinning dry, sound like Aircraft taking off.

check out LG should be much quieter.

Edited by dannywmp