Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
inthechouse

A Canvas To Our Imagination: Thoreau

seeing u going thru the electrical and aircon installation processes, i can already feel the stress.... not easy lor.. a lot of surprises along the way

Such as?? A heads-up for electrical, please... :(

The aircon installation process was a bit of pain, but it seemed like just temporary. I will truly feel relieved when I get to switch it on and see it working.

By the way, we've decided to replace all the bathroom pipes. This will set us back by $600.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

for example, if u wan a wardrobe built-in light, let the electrician run the wires before the cabinet frame is built.

I would recommend at least 2 sides of a room to have at least 2 electrical points. If u have 3 light points in an area, use a 3-gang switch. Save space.

Any cove or false ceiling?

for example, if u wan a wardrobe built-in light, let the electrician run the wires before the cabinet frame is built.

I would recommend at least 2 sides of a room to have at least 2 electrical points. If u have 3 light points in an area, use a 3-gang switch. Save space.

Any cove or false ceiling?

I see. Hmm I think we've got at least 2 electrical points in each room (different sides). No cove or false ceiling. Will remember to ask about using 3-gang switches for the lights. Thanks!

Update: Dropped by this morning to meet the paint workers. They were applying "primer" to the ceiling.

Spotted a large tin of Nippon Matex. Does anyone know what this is for? I'm guessing the ceiling?

Our agreement with Alan was to use Dulux Pentalite Mouldguard for the ceilings of the kitchen, storeroom and bathrooms. This may have been factored into the cost. Didn't see the tin at all so we've raised a query.

Paint works should end by Friday.

Update: Dropped by this morning to meet the paint workers. They were applying "primer" to the ceiling.

Spotted a large tin of Nippon Matex. Does anyone know what this is for? I'm guessing the ceiling?

Our agreement with Alan was to use Dulux Pentalite Mouldguard for the ceilings of the kitchen, storeroom and bathrooms. This may have been factored into the cost. Didn't see the tin at all so we've raised a query.

Paint works should end by Friday.

Just a post I saw the other day which is same as what you are inquiring :

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/49506-white-paint-only-matex/

That's right. Otherwise, there will be an obvious, thick layer of paint. That's what happened to my gate.

Can i ask you guys something? If rod iron, can paint over it? Was initially thinking of changing our metal gate but due to budget constraint, will only change the lock on the metal gate. However it is those rod iron kind. Can paint over it ah??? We are noobs in this area

thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions thrown in

Can i ask you guys something? If rod iron, can paint over it? Was initially thinking of changing our metal gate but due to budget constraint, will only change the lock on the metal gate. However it is those rod iron kind. Can paint over it ah??? We are noobs in this area

Got a pic?

Not sure if its correct but I remember it is this way :

For painting over steel, you will need to apply a layer of primer and let it dry. Then apply the paint.

This will enable the paint to stay (Will advise using spray paint as better color rather than painting on it however will be tedious job - rem to spray from a distance and not very close if using)

*Hope i am correct ~

Thanks, Songz! Saw that too, but it made me more confused than ever. HAH!

I think (If i am not wrong), it means it can be used as paint but not advisable as it will be powdery effect.

Think its for first layer only before paint is used, it will be ok else not advisable to use as paint.

(*Hope you get what I trying to get across)

I think (If i am not wrong), it means it can be used as paint but not advisable as it will be powdery effect.

Think its for first layer only before paint is used, it will be ok else not advisable to use as paint.

(*Hope you get what I trying to get across)

it appears that nippon matex is used for ceiling, according to nippon website.

Thank you both!

So Alan had the bathroom pipes changed within a day of my confirmation via Whatsapp. We're very happy with the results, even though it's not budgeted.

What remains is to pick a colour for the paint job!

Photo15-1-14124123pm_zpsf547edf1.jpg

See those labels on the walls? Those were put up before the plumbers came in to indicate what goes where. Measurements of hardware purchased included.

Then we put up a few labels indicating lighting points + type of light.

The latest labels = the paint colours for the walls.

Also, first coat of paint is ready. Will drop by to check on things again very soon.

See the door frames? Alan advised that we have them lacquered rather than painted over. We're open to the idea.

Photo15-1-14123157pm_zps4e36b5ce.jpg

Edited by inthechouse

Love the bathroom tiles! Wanted something like that too but hafary didnt carry it at that time.

Thanks! There's actually a white tile from the same series but it wasn't very bright. In fact it's kinda greyish. We decided to just paint the top 1/4 of the walls white. Alan said that we would need to have the walls painted every 3 years or so. Guess we'll have to DIY lor. :)

What colour do you reckon we should paint the pipes?