Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ahhboi

My 4Rm Resale

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Well due to limited budget, I can only do the reno on the MBR toliet and MBR. The rest....oh well, Im the poor boy, most likely have to wait till next year to carry on... sigh....

Anyway, My first intention is to squeese all my bed, cabinent, study table into the MBR.

But after thinking for a while, What the ****, I'm having a 4 rm flat all to myself, why am I squessing everything into a RM? lol

Maybe I'm too customsied to a room already after being single for so long. lol

So I decided to link my BR3 and MBR. with the BR3 for my bed and TV.

I also have some crazy ideas.

1) Linking the BR3 and MBR with a door is common but I'm thinking of linking the MBR toliet with BR3 as well!

2) Doing a open glass concept between my BR3 and MBR

3) Doing a open glass concept between my BR3 and MBR toliet if Im not linking it with a door.

4) Cutting half of my MBR ( the side with the window) to become a balcony like or even linking it to the service balcony. (Most likely wont happen due to cost)

5) Hacking away all the walls so much so that I only have ONE room. (Most likely wont happen too) lol

Anyway, this are some ideas I have. Anyone has more creative ones? Can please suggest. Am looking for some ideas that normal couples can't do so that although mine is a budget and not as nice as most pple here, but at least its unique in a way or two. Please~~~~

Edited by ahhboi

I wen to the recent Expo fair, most IDs I talk to doesn't really seems to be intersted in me as... oh well... I'm only doing the MBR and MBR toliet... haiz.....

There's one even asking me to sign up for a $27K resale package :bleah: . Almost fainted on the spot.

One that was interested and I also feel comfortable is CT from One Design.

Has anyone used them before?

Does anyone care to introduce contractor/ID to me? I'm hoping to find someone willing to take up my small small reno but at the same time is reliable.

I'm a poor boy with only a little "blood sweat earn" money... :(

Oh and I got one question, Mine is a resale corridor unit, so can the windows and window grillies lock able to change without changing the whole thing?

Edited by ahhboi

Just went through my first appt, and now waiting for my 2nd appt in feb.

Still looking around for contractors.

So far after reading through the forum, I collected 3, which is Mr K, Alan and Dorothy.

Will call them after my 2nd appt and hopefully they will entertain my small budget reno......

Anyway, I'm looking at buying the Taobao Tom Dixon hanging lights from Taobao.

So if I only wanna get this lightings only, How should I go about it? Through Peeka or is there a cheaper shipping kinda service since Im only getting one lightings only?

Thanks all!

ahhboi : congrats on the 4 room.

For my case I will hack the Bedroom 3 to be with the MBR by using glass panel separation, making it to be a walk in wardrobe (If you have lots of clothes and etc) or half study and wardrobe type. This will allow you to have a spacious MBR which you can place your TV console and etc.

For TaoBao I am not really familiarize but I did go through a website pazar8.com to get my small stuff and dart set in the past which i find their service is quite good.

Just my 2 cents worth and hope it helps.

Ya, I'm thinking of linking BR3 and MBR too.

But I'm still thinking about it as some of my friends also advise aginst that saying it will lower the value in future. :(

ahhboi : congrats on the 4 room.

For my case I will hack the Bedroom 3 to be with the MBR by using glass panel separation, making it to be a walk in wardrobe (If you have lots of clothes and etc) or half study and wardrobe type. This will allow you to have a spacious MBR which you can place your TV console and etc.

For TaoBao I am not really familiarize but I did go through a website pazar8.com to get my small stuff and dart set in the past which i find their service is quite good.

Just my 2 cents worth and hope it helps.

Hi ahhboi, welcome and congrats. I bought a 4-rm resale too, but the layout is completely different. Totally understand your point about budget. Just curious, what's the "$27K resale package" about? From what I know, it costs at least 40K to overhaul a 4-rm.

For the windows and window grillies lock, you can check with factory-direct sources. The guy we used was pretty god and his prices were great, but he's very busy at this time. Are the windows and grilles in good condition? If you plan to change them some time down the road, you may like to consider changing everything now rather than just the locks alone.

For contractors, I read from this forum that Mr K's prices are quite expensive. As for Alan, he would suit homeowners who are very "hands-on". Lots of threads on this forum about these 2 gentlemen. :)

I can't remember the package ler, it's already inside the dustbin lol :lol:

Im still waiting for my 2nd appt. Hopefully the windows and grilles are in working conditions ba. Else no choice also must change liao. :dunno:

Able to share your window man? Then I can at least get a rough quote. lol (Edit, just saw your PM! You read my mind! Thanks!)

Yup, read about Mr K prices, but at least he is good. For Alan........ Me no hands on guy plus I sure got no time to baby sit him..... So.... Haiz... wait till I get my hands on my key ba.... :(

Anyway, mine will wont be anywhere as nice as those in this forum with my budget. I can only do up the basic essentials first before I can do anything else. Which is y im more intersted in doing the windows, electrical stuff, my mbr toilets, etc. Those that are a lot harder to do in future. I'm already planning to do my reno in stages, example, my kitchen and common toliet will most likely need to wait till next year ler. :(

Hi ahhboi, welcome and congrats. I bought a 4-rm resale too, but the layout is completely different. Totally understand your point about budget. Just curious, what's the "$27K resale package" about? From what I know, it costs at least 40K to overhaul a 4-rm.

For the windows and window grillies lock, you can check with factory-direct sources. The guy we used was pretty god and his prices were great, but he's very busy at this time. Are the windows and grilles in good condition? If you plan to change them some time down the road, you may like to consider changing everything now rather than just the locks alone.

For contractors, I read from this forum that Mr K's prices are quite expensive. As for Alan, he would suit homeowners who are very "hands-on". Lots of threads on this forum about these 2 gentlemen. :)

Edited by ahhboi

HI~ checked out your blog after seeing your comments in mine. :D

Sorry not of help though...total newbie at reno, Haven't heard of Eight Design.

Need some advise. The previous owner of my re-sale flat leaves quite an amount of bulky furnitures. :curse:

Understand that town council only clear 3 bulky ones per month.

Is there any other ways I can get rid of all this bulky furnitures cheaply? :help:

Maybe you can try checking with your ID/contractor as since some hacking will be involved.

Hope this helps.

Just call town council and arrange one trip on Fri 28/2, and another trip on Sat 1/3. :lol:

But I still got a bloody big display cabinet to disposed.

And Town council says to be disposed items hve to be place outside the house.... faint.... Got no idea how to move the cabinet out. :curse:

Advice to those buying re-sale, MUST make sure to get the previous owner to get rid of all these stuffs. :curse:

Edited by ahhboi

Just call town council and arrange one trip on Fri 28/2, and another trip on Sat 1/3. :lol:

But I still got a bloody big display cabinet to disposed.

And Town council says to be disposed items hve to be place outside the house.... faint.... Got no idea how to move the cabinet out. :curse:

Advice to those buying re-sale, MUST make sure to get the previous owner to get rid of all these stuffs. :curse:

Think i will be in the same situation as you.

Key collection on 27th March and did not request for seller to remove.