Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ahhboi

My 4Rm Resale

This is what I can do.... :(

very unique window grilles design.

with limited budget, my guess is to only do the following:

Flooring overlay with laminate or/and vinyl. Just only hack the skirting and not the entire floor. Overlay is cheaper than hacking the entire floor and lay tiles. <- Only MBR and 1 Rm

Repaint all the walls - Check

No L-Box/false ceiling - Check

Change all electrical wiring (this is compulsory) - Check

Revamp the toilet - Only MBR toilet

Revamp the kitchen.- Phase 2

No demolishing of walls and/or building up any false walls. - One door size

No carpentry except the kitchen cabinets. If got budget, then do customized wardrobe, else buy off-the-shelf. <- Phase 3

Replace with new aircon and/or no aircon but have ceiling fans. - Check

No box-up. - Check

Edited by ahhboi

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Anybody has taobao links for nice carpet?

Gonna buy one or two pieces to camoflage my living/dinning room area tiles. :lol:

Edited by ahhboi

Actually the floor looks quite ok... May I suggest instead of overlaying part of the house, perhaps don't do anything to the flooring and use the money to revamp the common bathroom or redo the kitchen cabinet?

You may want to paint the floor skirting yourself (maybe in brown) to give it a fresh look?

Welcome to RT.

I love reading threads with budget constraints. I hope to draw inspiration as I am also working with a very tight budget.

Actually the floor looks quite ok... May I suggest instead of overlaying part of the house, perhaps don't do anything to the flooring and use the money to revamp the common bathroom or redo the kitchen cabinet?

You may want to paint the floor skirting yourself (maybe in brown) to give it a fresh look?

The floor looks okay if look from far. But if you look closer, it's very "pinkish" kinda feel. lol

What I'm thinking is at least build up the bedrooms area because in future, those areas are much harder to access compare to common bathroom and kitchen.

Beside Im living alone, common toilet no use, plus I dun cook, kitchen most likely no use also. lol

Edited by ahhboi

The floor looks okay if look from far. lol

What I'm thinking is at least build up the bedrooms area because in future, those areas are much harder to access compare to common bathroom and kitchen.

Beside Im living alone, common toilet no use, plus I dun cook, kitchen most likely no use also. lol

Just to warn you that the kitchen and bathroom works are the 'most dusty'. Literally can smell concrete in the air. If your unit not well ventilated, the dust in the air will make you choke. hahah...[my mom's place just renovated only kitchen....so I know the horrible dust.]

So usually people will ask you to do these first before you move in.....reno on bedroom stuff - don't think the dust will be as bad as the kitchen works.

• Like 1

Just to warn you that the kitchen and bathroom works are the 'most dusty'. Literally can smell concrete in the air. If your unit not well ventilated, the dust in the air will make you choke. hahah...[my mom's place just renovated only kitchen....so I know the horrible dust.]

So usually people will ask you to do these first before you move in.....reno on bedroom stuff - don't think the dust will be as bad as the kitchen works.

Thanks for the advice. What you say is true though.

But i'm hacking a wall to connect my MBR and BR3. The dust plus concrete will be worst than the kitchen instead. lol

Royal Fanco is good, small but they carry a decent range of sanitary wares. Great prices and service. Owners are Henry and Lena, friendly and helpful. Tel: 6299 0543

Thanks Makan! Just went Royal Fanco yesterday and bought my MBR toilet stuffs! :lol:

Both really is super friendly. Explaining to me all the pros and cons of the items Im looking at.

When I first go there, I actually walk from little india MRT to their shop, so after that Henry actually had to bring me personally to a bus-stop and teach me which bus to take so no need to walk so jialut. :P

Small update:

Monday will start my small small reno.

Wed will be installing of my air-con pipe, opennet installation, delievery of my lightings and toilets acceccories.

Wish me luck~~ Hope everything goes smooth smooth~~ :lol: