Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Edelweissgarden

Hdb Jumbo Flat At Tampines

Hello all,

Just to share with you our renovation journey over these past few months' time..
It is a HDB jumbo flat, located in Tampines area. Due to being a resale flat, we are able to get
a very decent house size, a rarity nowadays in Singapore.

We have decided it to be a major overhaul from the previous condition, so we can get to
enjoy fully our time home after work. We believe that the house should be a place where we
can kick back and relax, so from early on we have a clear mind and direction on certain things we
wanted in the house: feature wall that really makes a statement, and flexible living area that
can easily be converted into a larger space for entertaining on certain occasions like the holiday times.

Here is how the original plan look like
hq7v.png
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The floorplan with marking is our initial ideas, before discussion with ID.
It is pretty much self explanatory but here is listings that we did beforehand

an8b.jpg

AREAS
1. Entrance - Interesting focal point or feature with shoe cabinet.
not necessary to have in built seating for the shoe cabinet.

2. Living area - Flexible to be made into a larger area or smaller, upon request.
The house come with a very beautiful soundproof sliding doors that actually
fits into our design theme!

3. Master Bedroom - To combine two bedrooms into one, where one bedroom can
fit the WIW and study, while the other one has a nice cozy setting with a king size
divan bed in the middle. We are not very particular about the master bathroom,
as there are restrictions when it comes to toilet in HDB. Nevertheless, we know that
we will not try to fit in a small bath tub in, but to have a nice shower unit instead with
enough shelvings for vanity.

4. Kitchen - We wanted a simple long kitchen instead of dining island type, but with a
hardy material. Researched and came out that there is many types of surface in the
market. We are quite spoilt for choices and was considering on quartz stone.

5. Servant room - A room with close proximity to the amenities that our maid will be accessing;
the common bathroom.

6. Dining - A dining that will fit six, with a nice feature to bring the focal point.

7. Study/bedroom - with an adjoining store

8. Bedroom 2 - Son's room, where we need to think how to cram in single bed,
computer desk and wardrobe in a cozy way and will not make the space feel crammed.
Fortunately for us the bedroom is quite a decent size as compared to the new BTOs we saw.

The most exciting part is:
DESIGN THEME

We love love the Victorian style, old school English that seems to get into fashion again nowadays.
In fact, we have set our eyes on certain pieces and accessories that will liven up the place. We love
the retro feeling that is given by those antique looking pieces of furniture as well. But the idea is to
strike the balance so that it will not be too overstuffed and not up to date.

Another thing to also note is also texture, we believe that the texture will create a better, living
design. We particularly love the ID ideas to match the loose furniture pieces (that we took photos of)
and craft stone material, and raw looking laminate with much sleeker look of solid color laminate and
mirror. Prior to this renovation, we are not well aware on how many different types of mirror is in the
market and how with correct placement and selection, it can totally change the look of the similar
house.

the site photos of the house before renovation [part 2]..

d5du.jpg
Master bedroom
b34r.jpg
Previous dining area
auye.jpg

Living 2 (the part that is separated by double french sliding door)
uo74.jpg

Living room 1 (that will later be converted into our new dining area)

Below some of the in progress photos of the site

zo75.jpg
Here is the indented portion of the wall - partitioned to make it smooth.
If there is extra budget, partitioning/plastering of the existing concrete wall, especially for resale HDB flat will really change and enhance the interior.
4x0h.jpg
Partition and complete rewiring of the unit - you can't ever be too careful with wiring for resale flats..
84i5.jpg
New partition up that segregated the entrance to new living room
bhmu.jpg
Cove lights ceiling up.. Many people said cove lights will attract bugs, insects, etc.. but in my opinion it is the same with any
other lamp, and with maintenance it will not be that awful - besides I'd rather know that there is insects inside that i can access to
rather than not having any access to it (think of dead false ceiling space)

Some other site photos.. mostly wiring and aircon trunking.

c4ta.jpg
0pph.jpg
We have also decided to clad the kitchen wall in white gloss ceramic tiles - it will make the room looks brighter and also
easier to clean with gloss tile. we had matt floor tiles before and it breaks our back to clean it up. it was a horror :jawdrop:
dz4x.jpg
kzun.jpg
We hope the desired effect come out nice and clean - as the kitchen we viewed it as a practical place and need a very clean working space.

Good lord! That is indeed jumbo. Mind asking the price paid?

Yes! It is indeed big! And my ID did a great job to accommodate all my requirements inside. I even have a room allocated for my study

and my maid has her own room. Will PM you on the pricing. Cheers

Sneak previews on some of the accessories we get to complement the house

Artworks by Balinese painters

xol0.jpg
725k.jpg
Love the brush strokes, it is even more magnificent in real life - picture does not do any justice
We actually started getting and ordering all the accessories pieces, artworks and loose furniture before our place is up and ready,
when we only saw the 3ds the ID provide us. Doing the homework early on means we can take things slow and also not too stressed with the deadlines.
We also purchased this clock, which round up the house very nicely.
j0zs.jpg

Yes....gonna steal my mum's sewing machine now. :jammin:

Haha.. this is actually 'mini' sewing machine, kinda replica of the good old' singer sewing machine.

But i think real life one will fit well if you have industrial/retro classic look like the one I'm having now