Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Songz

3 Room Resale

Hi Songz, welcome and congrats. You're right about the reno budget. We bought a resale and paid COV, hence we could only do so much for reno. Had to give up on a lot of ideas. Was close to buying a unit like yours. Would've "combined" the 2 bathrooms. :) Wishing you a smooth reno! We've named 2 IDs in our blog that we recommend people have a chat with. Have a look.

For my case I cannot get BTO as single and my mum really like that location (Walking distance from her flat) thus not much of a choice i guess. :bleah:

Really like your blog as it is very informative and detailed, thanks for the information.

Will take down the 2 IDs and contact them ...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Songz, welcome to renotalk and congrats on embarking on this exciting reno journey!

Take this time while waiting for your keys to formulate your design ideas and concepts & meetup with various IDs or contractors. Oh yes, don't just go for the cheapest quote, but go with one which is reasonably priced and where you can çlick' with the ID/contractor handling your project. It will be really important further down the road.

I found websites such as pinterest, houzz, home & decor (for some local flavour), apartment therapy, digsdigs to be particularly useful when we were trying to conceptualize our home and look for inspiration.

You may also wanna read this:

http://noobhomeowner.blogspot.sg/2013/04/words-of-wisdom-from-renotalk.html

All the best!

Oh yes, I like the idea of combining the 2 bathrooms into 1 too, but unless you want guests to walk through your mbr to get to the toilet, you will prob have to maintain the access from the kitchen.

My friend have told me the same thing about being too cheap is dangerous.

Thanks so much for the information, definitely will go to the websites and esp that link to take a look :good:

For my case I am not joining the 2 toilets as what you have bring out which I totally agree.

Glad to see many fellow 3-roomers here!

Congrats bros & sis on ur flat acquisition!! :yamseng:

With good space planning, design & tasteful furninshing, small spaces can oso turn out swee swee! :good:

Have a smooth, and enjoy all ur reno journey!!

@inthehouse same to u too!

Thats the part I am worry about as I am really a person with not much design and color sense >.<

Was clearing my CPU folder and found the Evaluation Report which have 4 pictures inside.

Cut the picture out and share the current house look.

11852502425_9cbbe27e9a_m.jpg

Living Room (From Kitchen Door)

spaceout.gifspaceout.gif

11852370545_96d54d040d_m.jpg

Kitchen (From Kitchen Door)

11852938274_b6b64ca0c9_m.jpg

Bathroom (From Kitchen)

11852797893_bcdf4d5508_m.jpg

MBR (From MBR Door)

Any feedback or suggestion based on the above pictures ?

Actually I did not really want to do the whole house but the homogeneous tiles flooring don seem to be able to be rework thus might as well do everything I feel.

the homogeneous tiles actually look ok, quite a nice rich grey if you ask me. Could be something to work with. I would probably change the bathroom tiles though.

Kitchen looks good! Doesn't look like a lot of work is required. But I agree with vicx1234. You may wanna redo the bathroom.

Looks like a pretty good buy. :good:

Edited by inthechouse

Bigger place comes with bigger price tag & COV so my renovation budget is way below what I intended to spend :jawdrop:

Not to forget bigger space = higher cost of Renovation. :jawdrop:

claypot : Wish you a smooth renovation ^^

By the way can share on your bathroom and kitchen items which you have picked ?? (*Eg. Kitchen Sink, Basin, Shower type, Heater Brand ) :notti:

I'm not renovating my toilet/bathroom as it has just undergone HIP (hdb home improvement program) with new piping, WC and doors. Maybe 1-3 years later (save up a bit first) then rehaul it. So can't advise on bathroom items yet.

For kitchen sink, I've gotten Blanco stainless steel and Kroz kitchen mixer from Hoe kee. On hindsight, I should have gone to universal union at geylang. It's cheaper though they don't carry Blanco. Maybe I should start my t blog too :P

Edited by claypot

the homogeneous tiles actually look ok, quite a nice rich grey if you ask me. Could be something to work with. I would probably change the bathroom tiles though.

Somehow the flooring is uneven due to the grout or something ...

Will try to check with a contractor when i get the house officially

Kitchen looks good! Doesn't look like a lot of work is required. But I agree with vicx1234. You may wanna redo the bathroom.

Looks like a pretty good buy. :good:

18K COV :jawdrop:

Feel that the price is on the higher end.

The bathroom is a must do as shower is not available and a bit squeeze thus the basin need to shift out

I'm not renovating my toilet/bathroom as it has just undergone HIP (hdb home improvement program) with new piping, WC and doors. Maybe 1-3 years later (save up a bit first) then rehaul it. So can't advise on bathroom items yet.

For kitchen sink, I've gotten Blanco stainless steel and Kroz kitchen mixer from Hoe kee. On hindsight, I should have gone to universal union at geylang. It's cheaper though they don't carry Blanco. Maybe I should start my t blog too :P

You should start one.

A lot of friendly people will give advise like me getting it now (Not to forget some others who read it may get some ideas and you will be helping others ^^ )

If bathroom is already done, then no pt spending extra on it

(*Not to forget I love to see people renovation pics :P )

Edited by Songz

18K COV :jawdrop:

Feel that the price is on the higher end.

The bathroom is a must do as shower is not available and a bit squeeze thus the basin need to shift out

18k cov is okay lah. Same as the cov I paid too. your area bigger so worth it. Mine smaller.

Hi Songz, welcome to the 3-roomer club! 18k COV is a pretty good buy especially for an AMK flat. We paid 10K COV for our Bukit Batok though that was a year ago.

3 room resale units are usually over 20 years of age. So it may be best to do an overhaul and change the pipes and wiring lest they give you trouble after you have settled down.

For the flooring, if the existing tiles are not hollow, then 1 way to save some cost is to overlay with laminate.

Was looking at the pictures of your current place. The previous owner seems to like red a lot... Red wall in the bedroom! Woah :D

Hi Songz, welcome to the 3-roomer club! 18k COV is a pretty good buy especially for an AMK flat. We paid 10K COV for our Bukit Batok though that was a year ago.

3 room resale units are usually over 20 years of age. So it may be best to do an overhaul and change the pipes and wiring lest they give you trouble after you have settled down.

For the flooring, if the existing tiles are not hollow, then 1 way to save some cost is to overlay with laminate.

Was looking at the pictures of your current place. The previous owner seems to like red a lot... Red wall in the bedroom! Woah :D

Makanology (Nice nickname), thanks for the advise.

Initially i also wanted to save the flooring but somehow it don really feels right when walking on it (maybe due to the grout issue - will address it again when i get the house), don really like laminate flooring but thanks for the suggestion.

Yap the whole house is full of different bright colors, however i prefer uniform tone of cozy kind.

Think the house got renovated 5 years ago, however at least painting and consealing of wires & pipes must do ...

Met with a few ID's and this is an update :

(*Please comment if any of you know abt the company i stated)

1. Design 4 Space - Alan :no:

Not going to follow up due to : http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/60866-anyone-tried-design-4-space-hows-workmanship/

Another main reason is that when talking to them, don really sound very interested and knowledgeable.

(*LET GO)

2. Gallent Concept - Ken

Friendly and quite creative but did not have quote prepared yet.

Know his HDB stuff quite well too.

(*KIV)

3. Faith Interior - Chin Fei

Seem totally unprepared for the meeting. :angry2:

More like trying to go through every room and ask me what I want and how I want it to be rather than tell me what he propose.

(*LET GO)

4. My Design - John

Have the nearest design concept as what I have in mind

Good in changes and layout planning on the floor plan

Main concern is pricing (Quote EXPENSIVE :jawdrop: ) and this : http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/49143-my-design-pte-ltd/

(*KIV till more information on the above)

Edited by Songz

Hi Songz,

dropping by to say hi.

Since its a resale unit and you have the option of hacking the bathroom flooring and tiles, I feel you should take the opportunity to revamp the bathroom, give it a soothing ambience and include those wall cavities for toiletries. The kitchen and bathroom are my priorities but since my unit is new, I do not have the luxury of doing so.