Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Songz

3 Room Resale

Anyone have any advise for the Curtain / Flooring / Laundry System ?

Curtain can be expensive and higher maintenance. I prefer using Roller blinds. Cheaper and no need to remove and wash. Low maintenance and simple. Go to ikea and spotlight to take a look at curtains for better ideas. they also offer customized alteration. for me, i got the roller binds from Teng Yong also from Expo. They came down the next day to do site measurement to get the accurate quote/pricing. its based on psf.

For Laundry, you can look at my blog. no idea about the difference but you also have to consider the durability of the pulley itself. i got it from TAME as the company has been around longer than most competitors.

For flooring, you have to decide which you want. Vinyl or Laminate. If you can't decide, then go for both. MBR should be Vinyl since near the toilet and you might wet the floor after bathing. Then for the other bedroom, you can get Laminate.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Curtain can be expensive and higher maintenance. I prefer using Roller blinds. Cheaper and no need to remove and wash. Low maintenance and simple. Go to ikea and spotlight to take a look at curtains for better ideas. they also offer customized alteration. for me, i got the roller binds from Teng Yong also from Expo. They came down the next day to do site measurement to get the accurate quote/pricing. its based on psf.

For Laundry, you can look at my blog. no idea about the difference but you also have to consider the durability of the pulley itself. i got it from TAME as the company has been around longer than most competitors.

For flooring, you have to decide which you want. Vinyl or Laminate. If you can't decide, then go for both. MBR should be Vinyl since near the toilet and you might wet the floor after bathing. Then for the other bedroom, you can get Laminate.

Thanks for the information.

I agree ~ curtains are expensive. Was at Ikea over weekend to get curtains, the highest end ready made in cotton velveteen was $129 a set. :jawdrop:

There were cheaper ones of course, started from around $14.90/set..but material quite filmsy kind, unlikely to be able to block out much sun.

I ended up only getting curtains for the bedrooms. The living room has too much windows, just getting curtains will break my bank.

Maintenance wise, the ones in use at my mom's place wash twice a year only. hahahah.....

I prefer curtains more than roller blinds as I don like the clashing sound of the bar and grille when the window remains open.

For my 3 room I think total only 3 windows and almost all are double panel type so I think is ok...

To check another thingy with you people.

For track lights, i often see some places that will causes the ceiling up above to be blacken (Due to the heat ?? ) .

How do you people solve that or it only happens when its place below false ceiling.

Ok thanks for the advise. Think mostly will do it then.

The reason this appeal to me is cause I do not need to make Lan port points and i kind of hate too much things kind

CAT 6 cables have less noise, bigger bandwidth and better reliability.

If you are now renovating, use your existing electrical cables, if renovating, my suggestion is to lay the cat6 cables. With the deployment of the fibre network around Singapore, we can expect to see more and more services delivered over data networks.

I think in the future, TV, phones, games, everything will be delivered thru' them. so should be a good investment now.

Yap i understand where it is coming from and agree on it.

However my view is that if the AC adapter can do what the Cat6 cable is doing, why should the cable be laid and it may be Cat7 in few years time ?

Unless the Ac adapter is not as fast or easy to noise interference, then the cable should be laid for sure.

Edited by Songz

Good that you have somewhere to "hang" that string. The string provided by the company I ordered my laundry rack from is filmsy, and I have nowhere to "hang" it but the common bathroom's entrance. Meaning, if you were to use the bathroom, you'd have to bend your head to go under the string first. -.-

you are right. If you don't need very reliable connection (eg. especially in the middle of life-and-death online game. hehe). Most will usually use wifi first, then if speed is too low, then use the power adapter strategy.

Cat 6 goes up to 1 Gbps for distance upto 100m and 10GBPs for distance upto 35m. btw, so far, I dont think i use that much anyways. haha

It is really up to individuals, if the ac adapter strategy works for you then go for it. no right or wrong answer one :notti: like you pointed out, you can lay the wires later when you need it

btw, Cat 7 is already defined with max speed up to 10Gbps

Yap i understand where it is coming from and agree on it.

However my view is that if the AC adapter can do what the Cat6 cable is doing, why should the cable be laid and it may be Cat7 in few years time ?

Unless the Ac adapter is not as fast or easy to noise interference, then the cable should be laid for sure.

Edited by alfredt

you are right. If you don't need very reliable connection (eg. especially in the middle of life-and-death online game. hehe). Most will usually use wifi first, then if speed is too low, then use the power adapter strategy.

Cat 6 goes up to 1 Gbps for distance upto 100m and 10GBPs for distance upto 35m. btw, so far, I dont think i use that much anyways. haha

It is really up to individuals, if the ac adapter strategy works for you then go for it. no right or wrong answer one :notti: like you pointed out, you can lay the wires later when you need it

that explains why I don't even know what's a Cat 6. hahaha.....and I still have no idea. Who lays these cables? The electrician?

that explains why I don't even know what's a Cat 6. hahaha.....and I still have no idea. Who lays these cables? The electrician?

yah, your electrician will lay for you. hehe

Then what is the difference between a Cat6 and Cat7 since they both max at 10GPS.

LoL ~

Yap but you got to provide them the cable I think and you will need to find someone to make the data port and cable.

*By the way I will be editing a post soon in first page to keep track of the things I have search online which interest me. Too many post make it a bit hard to find stuff.

Edited by Songz

Yap but you got to provide them the cable I think and you will need to find someone to make the data port and cable.

I is the elementary school, still on Wifi...and not even the highest speed Wifi....:D

I is the elementary school, still on Wifi...and not even the highest speed Wifi.... :D

Hahaha no worries as its personal preferences.

For faster speed it usually is more important for people who :

1. stream and watch a lot movies / dramas and variety show to watch

2. download a lot of music and point 1 stuff

3. online gaming

4. want the fast speed as it is the in thing ! (juz putting for fun) :bleah: