Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
alvinpoh2014

Bad Experience With I-Bridge Design Pte Ltd

Hi All,

Just to share a bad experience recently with I-Bridge Design Pte Ltd. Please beware of these 2 Sales Person cum Designer Lily Tan & Alexis Sun.

Bad Experience

1) Sales talk was fantastic during first meeting and many promises were given

2) Upon paying $2,000 for the 3D and quotation, the whole service just went bad (please read on)

3) 3Ds were given (4 sets)- Bedroom, Living Room, Study Area, Kitchen - What was promised to be given but not given during meeting were, 1) Common Toilets, 2) Master Toilet, 3) Dining Area. Reason given was those area needs to go on site to measure in order to provide 3D aspects.

4) Signed a contract upon paying but contract was not being given even after multiple request.

5) Reminded them during meeting that Living Area must not consist of Black & White concepts and wanted Wood Laminated Concepts. 1st drawing of Living Room- looks like Kbox Karaoke Lounge. It took 2 weeks to get these drawings and reason being designer was sick and suspected denge fever (such coincidence???) The company so big only have 1 designer???

6) Bedroom was still Ok to accept but still some changes were made

7) Kitchen was still Ok too to accept. Some changes made too

8) Living Area managed to change to what we wanted but it took another 1 week close to 2 weeks to get the amended drawings. Still, there are changes to be made which we do not understand why they cannot just draw to what we wanted.

9) Requested for quotation. 6/12/2013 was supposedly our trip to Thailand and the weekend before our trip, we met Lily and she promised to give us the quotation before our trip. Reminded her that we need more attention and not always sending them reminders to get what we want. As usual, the sales talk was perfect and promised to send us before our trip. This time, I did not send reminder on purpose and true enough, quotation was not sent before our trip. Worse still, the quotation was not sent 1 week after we came back from our trip. The reason from Lily was - "I informed you that I WILL DO MY BEST TO SEND YOU before your trip". *clap* *clap*...

10) In the end, still managed to get the quotation but the quotation was full of loop holes. Imagine receiving a quotation which states "Do up kitchen cabinet Top Hung and Bottom" - $XXXX. How to proceed with commencement of work with such quotation??

11) Sent an email to her stating what we wanted. Reply from SMS was "OK! OK!". 2 weeks later the "revised" quotation received. There's seriously no difference in the 1st & 2nd quotation sent. Reason stated by Lily - "Computer malfunction and have to sent to us while in office". Doesn't sending in office give you more options to give us a more detailed quotation.

So, all in all, not honest, not prompt, and full of excuses. New home owners who are looking for ID, please beware of this company and especially these 2 people.

Thank you

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks for the heads up on such issues. My opinion, the reno process should go this way.

Discuss what you want, the lay out, the carpentry, the materials etc. Then wait for quotation.

Once quotation is ok, sign the contract and then ask for 3D drawings.

Initial stage, no point discussing so much on the design, colour, laminates etc. This is a waste of everyone's time.

Better to tell ID/contractor things like your theme, 2 full height cabinets in the kitchen, Blum, granite table top, craftstone bricks on this particular wall, wardrobe in all bedrooms etc.

This shorten the time used on discussion and at the same time can listen if the ID can propose something different. Chemistry or not also start from here,

If the ID insist on certain ideas, design, more ex setup, then move on. Else sit there with ID for 6 hours to sort out colour, design etc but in the end not signing on, a complete waste of everyone's time and life. Also how much can design differs from others, a wardrobe is a wardrobe, no one is champion enough to ask for a triangle one or a hexagon one right?

End of the day, it is the laminates, color that makes the difference. What hides behind the door can be sorted out in the carpentry stage.

My take on 3D - Good to have but not necessary. Reason, cost of 3D comes from you and take weeks to draw. Most ID sub out the drawings, cost I heard is min $100 up.

So that 3-5 pcs of 3D is cutting into your reno cost by $500. I personally dont like 3D. What is drawn does not represent what I want, or what I will get. Think of the paintings on the wall, comfy armchair in the corner, or my favorite - pebbles under the toilet's vanity top with down lights.Many things are there simply to enhance the look which you will never have, get or do. So why waste the time delaying the starting of reno. Just my 2 cents.

Paying for consultation, design,3D: Again, why pay for things when others are willingly and readily giving to you in the first place?

Unless you really like the company or the ID, I see no reason to pay upfront for something so intangible. For all I know, it may be a simple cut and paste, shift this here and there, change of colour and taa daa here you go, your 3D, design and consultation. They aint no lawyers, where you know nuts and need the expertise. All you need is be proactive, practice some due diligence, do your homework and you are on your way to rock and roll.

With all due respects, just my 2 cents. :)

• Like 1

My ID only offers me 3 free pcs of 3D view, as indicated in the quotation.

Inititally, i was unhappy about it. Why am i paying for things i not sure its what i want or not? correct? make sense? i need to see. Later do wrongly, how?

So, my ID explained to me, the 3D is not done by him but outsourced out, so it cost money. To do a 3D, it takes time also, even if my ID knows how to do it.

So, all these are time and money. He goes further, there is no such thing as free thing in this world.

Some bigger ID firm has their own graphic designer. ID in fact has to pay them to draw too, but maybe cheaper.

So to do a simple toilet vanity, sell me so low cost. How to cover the cost? The money earned is enough to pay for the 3D cost. So how, sell higher to customer?

So after further discussion with my ID, i cut down of my "free" 3D, my ID rebate back the exact cost, meaning i pay lesser.

He said - take 1 glance, it will cost u $xx. In fact, u can see something similar from other 3D pic.

So if u are unhappy with yr ID services, move on.

Forget about the 2k. Else u MAY continue with yr misery.

Edited by bizkid76

On 13 January 2014 at 3:43 PM, alvinpoh2014 said:

Hi All,

Just to share a bad experience recently with I-Bridge Design Pte Ltd. Please beware of these 2 Sales Person cum Designer Lily Tan & Alexis Sun.

Bad Experience

1) Sales talk was fantastic during first meeting and many promises were given

2) Upon paying $2,000 for the 3D and quotation, the whole service just went bad (please read on)

3) 3Ds were given (4 sets)- Bedroom, Living Room, Study Area, Kitchen - What was promised to be given but not given during meeting were, 1) Common Toilets, 2) Master Toilet, 3) Dining Area. Reason given was those area needs to go on site to measure in order to provide 3D aspects.

4) Signed a contract upon paying but contract was not being given even after multiple request.

5) Reminded them during meeting that Living Area must not consist of Black & White concepts and wanted Wood Laminated Concepts. 1st drawing of Living Room- looks like Kbox Karaoke Lounge. It took 2 weeks to get these drawings and reason being designer was sick and suspected denge fever (such coincidence???) The company so big only have 1 designer???

6) Bedroom was still Ok to accept but still some changes were made

7) Kitchen was still Ok too to accept. Some changes made too

8) Living Area managed to change to what we wanted but it took another 1 week close to 2 weeks to get the amended drawings. Still, there are changes to be made which we do not understand why they cannot just draw to what we wanted.

9) Requested for quotation. 6/12/2013 was supposedly our trip to Thailand and the weekend before our trip, we met Lily and she promised to give us the quotation before our trip. Reminded her that we need more attention and not always sending them reminders to get what we want. As usual, the sales talk was perfect and promised to send us before our trip. This time, I did not send reminder on purpose and true enough, quotation was not sent before our trip. Worse still, the quotation was not sent 1 week after we came back from our trip. The reason from Lily was - "I informed you that I WILL DO MY BEST TO SEND YOU before your trip". *clap* *clap*...

10) In the end, still managed to get the quotation but the quotation was full of loop holes. Imagine receiving a quotation which states "Do up kitchen cabinet Top Hung and Bottom" - $XXXX. How to proceed with commencement of work with such quotation??

11) Sent an email to her stating what we wanted. Reply from SMS was "OK! OK!". 2 weeks later the "revised" quotation received. There's seriously no difference in the 1st & 2nd quotation sent. Reason stated by Lily - "Computer malfunction and have to sent to us while in office". Doesn't sending in office give you more options to give us a more detailed quotation.

So, all in all, not honest, not prompt, and full of excuses. New home owners who are looking for ID, please beware of this company and especially these 2 people.

Thank you

Hi Alvin,

Thank you so very much about your comments even though is was in 2014. I was just about to engage both Liky and Alexis who have started their own company and read your review!

Hope your renovation works turned out ok.

PY

8 hours ago, earthbound1974 said:

Hi Alvin,

Thank you so very much about your comments even though is was in 2014. I was just about to engage both Liky and Alexis who have started their own company and read your review!

Hope your renovation works turned out ok.

PY

They are still ard after so many years o.O!!!