Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
claypot

Tam-Pines Head-Dee-Bee 3-Rm Re-Newal Tea-Blog

There was a false wall in the Bedroom 2, and i was quoted $200 to dismantle it.

gallery_57920_242_45909.jpg

Try to bargain also no use, so i DIY. Used a crowbar poke a hole at the top and pull it down. $200 saved!

gallery_57920_242_112548.jpg

gallery_57920_242_169906.jpg

:good: wah !!

anyone else done their own demolition ?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The concept for the renovation is modern resort-scandinavian look. The living room floor tiles will be wood tiles and the 2 bedrooms will have laminate flooring. Lightings will be mixture of warm and cool-white with ceiling fans and air-con in all rooms except the kitchen & toilets (of course)

The kitchen will be different. It will be industrial-grey-stainless steel look. The floor files will be grey. No kitchen wall tiles but it will be painted glossy-grey. To ensure that the kitchen does not look too dark, the kitchen cabinets will be stainless steel laminate so that it matches the stainless steel look of Samsung/LG refrigerator and also the kitchen sink/mixer. Lightings in the kitchen will be cool-white

Edited by claypot

• Like 2

Bedroom 2 will be study room. It will have L-shape study table and bookshelves. But leaving enough space so that in the future a bed and wardrobe can be placed.

The purpose of this flat is to stay alone, and if i will to get marry in the future and have child, then this room will be my child's room. If have more than 1 child, then will apply for BTO and sell this flat once the BTO completes. I would think that probably at least 10 years investment for this flat renovation.

I went to Harfary Eunos at least 5-6 times in late Dec 2013 to narrow down on the floor tiles. I also went down to SBH at Changi Rd once, and some of the tiles there can also be found in Harfary but more expensive in SBH. Do some homework first before going down with the ID to do final selection. Tiles selection was finally done with the ID at Harfary Eunos one day before getting my flat keys and tiles were delivered on the eighth day of 2014.

Edited by claypot

The concept for the renovation is modern resort-scandinavian look. The living room floor tiles will be wood tiles and the 2 bedrooms will have laminate flooring. Lightings will be mixture of warm and cool-white with ceiling fans and air-con in all rooms except the kitchen & toilets (of course)

The kitchen will be different. It will be industrial-grey-stainless steel look. The floor files will be grey. No kitchen wall tiles but it will be painted glossy-grey. To ensure that the kitchen does not look too dark, the kitchen cabinets will be stainless steel laminate so that it matches the stainless steel look of Samsung/LG refrigerator and also the kitchen sink/mixer. Lightings in the kitchen will be cool-white

Sounds nice, can't wait to see it all come together. Do post the pics when it's up!

Bedroom 2 will be study room. It will have L-shape study table and bookshelves. But leaving enough space so that in the future a bed and wardrobe can be placed.

The purpose of this flat is to stay alone, and if i will to get marry in the future and have child, then this room will be my child's room. If have more than 1 child, then will apply for BTO and sell this flat once the BTO completes. I would think that probably at least 10 years investment for this flat renovation.

I went to Harfary Eunos at least 5-6 times in late Dec 2013 to narrow down on the floor tiles. I also went down to SBH at Changi Rd once, and some of the tiles there can also be found in Harfary but more expensive in SBH. Do some homework first before going down with the ID to do final selection. Tiles selection was finally done with the ID at Harfary Eunos one day before getting my flat keys and tiles were delivered on the eighth day of 2014.

Thanks for the information.

Guess I might take a trip down to take a look when free.

(*Just like to check simple and modern theme should go with what kind of tiles ?? )

Thanks for the information.

Guess I might take a trip down to take a look when free.

(*Just like to check simple and modern theme should go with what kind of tiles ?? )

Difficult to advise on that. Best that you go down to Harfary to take a look first. Ideas will start to build up once you see all the different tiles in different sizes, colors, and designs. Different tiles are also for different purpose e.g. Wall tiles and floor tiles are different.

Harfary Eunos is big so it might be confusing at first. So you might also want to go to SbH. The shop is smaller so lesser choice but less confusing.

This is the wood tile selected from Harfary Eunos 1 day before collecting my flat keys. There was certain wood tiles from China that i wanted but either it was low stock or it has been discontinued. This tile is from China at $4/psf. The European wood tiles are nice but expensive:
gallery_57920_242_22740.jpg

This is the kitchen tiles, greyish with some pattern. Actually i wanted something rougher so that its not slippery when wet, but due to difficulty in cleaning the floor (may have to scrub), i didn't take the rougher tiles. There's also another greyish tiles that have that slight uneven stone-like look but they are for wall tiles, so have to give up. Good thing I spent at least 3-4 hours on 4-5 previous visits, so selecting this tile was quick (and it only cost $2.90/psf):
gallery_57920_242_272607.jpg

Take note that prices listed exclude GST, so you have to calculate the final cost (x 1.07)

Edited by claypot

The Kitchen sink and mixer was bought 2 hours after getting my flat keys.
It's from Hoe Kee. Went to 3 of their branches in the east and eventually bought it in Kaki Bukit branch. The sales at Tanjong Katong branch kept pushing granite sink which i'm not interested at all.

Blanco Multi 2 Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink.

gallery_57920_242_255955.jpg

Delivered on the 8th day of 2014 at the request of my ID:

gallery_57920_242_182143.jpg

Will post the photo of the kitchen mixer once its installed.

There was a false wall in the Bedroom 2, and i was quoted $200 to dismantle it.

gallery_57920_242_45909.jpg

Try to bargain also no use, so i DIY. Used a crowbar poke a hole at the top and pull it down. $200 saved!

gallery_57920_242_112548.jpg

gallery_57920_242_169906.jpg

Cool.....like this part about $200 saved :good:

Electrical and aircon discussion was held onsite on 15 Jan 2014 evening.

The aircon contractor and I discussed about the location of the fancoil and and the path that the trunking will take. The challenge was the location of the fancoil in the living room, as we have to avoid hacking thru the beam (not allowed by HDB) and also minimize the trunking.

As for the electrical, I did some homework one day before the appointment, by indicating the location of the lightings (in orange) and also the power-point/sockets (in green). Pass it to the electrician and we go thru them room by room. And it still took 2 hours to discuss. Left the place at 9pm+ depleted and exhausted. Most of the time taken was on the LED strips to be mounted on the kitchen cabinet and also the data-point location. He also gave some of his suggestions and ideas and also throw in some considerations that i have to think about e.g. height of the refrigerator, where exactly will be the dining table so that the hanging position of the dining lamp is directly above the dining table, etc. Managed to also bargain and got about 9% discount from the total price he quoted me. Able to justify because less materials (wires and trunking) will be used due to a small 3rm hdb flat :P

gallery_57920_242_303055.jpg