Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
soloqueen

Transformation In Telok Blangah Drive

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi welcome to the 3-roomer club! Saw that you will be omitting a wash basin for the MBR bathroom. Maybe you may wanna explore putting a small corner basin at the left corner opposite your WC? Having a basin helps so that you can brush your teeth :) I usually use more of our MBR bathroom while the kitchen bathroom is mainly used by our guests and furkid.

Hi welcome to the 3-roomer club! Saw that you will be omitting a wash basin for the MBR bathroom. Maybe you may wanna explore putting a small corner basin at the left corner opposite your WC? Having a basin helps so that you can brush your teeth :) I usually use more of our MBR bathroom while the kitchen bathroom is mainly used by our guests and furkid.

We did really consider that before. However, the additional small basin will spoil the whole concept of the house as we are trying to hide all the piping. Hopefully it won't be too pain without a basin in MBR bathroom.

Couple of weeks later, finally meet up with our ID again. This time, he was ready with the 3D drawing about the design that we have discussed earlier.

Living room:

uue3.jpg

Dining area:

gu54.jpg

Kitchen and Laudry area:

s87c.jpg

fwq3.jpg

Toilet:

cigd.jpg

OMG!! These were all we wanted and dreamed for our first home. Hopefully it is not for illustration purpose only, like most of the ads do :lol:

welcome to renotalk soloqueen! Very nice 3d renderings - minimalist and clean looking. Now hope that your contractor can execute as pictured :good:

All the best for your renos ahead

good choice for no choosing any legs for the tables...coz it will be certainly more easy to vacumn the house!

love the designs!!

Yea, my wife insisted that as it will be easier for her. Hehe.

welcome to renotalk soloqueen! Very nice 3d renderings - minimalist and clean looking. Now hope that your contractor can execute as pictured :good:

All the best for your renos ahead

Thanks vicx. The renovation so far so good and to be frank, I think it looks better than the 3d drawings as some of the details had been improved.

Mmm .. TB Drive brought back fond memories. Nice choice! Haha!

Stayed there (3NG as well) since P3 till I move out to stay on my own (wah about 30 years). Still do go back to TB every Sunday though.

You must be at Block 5X, 6X or 7X - either one of those?

All the best for your reno! :)

Mmm .. TB Drive brought back fond memories. Nice choice! Haha!

Stayed there (3NG as well) since P3 till I move out to stay on my own (wah about 30 years). Still do go back to TB every Sunday though.

You must be at Block 5X, 6X or 7X - either one of those?

All the best for your reno! :)

Hi MLTR, you're right. We are at Blk 64.

Thanks and definitely a nice choice to stay there especially with those greenery nearby.

Anyway nearby there any nice food to recommend? I've tried the wanton noodle at the market and was superb. :good:

Upon receiving the house key after Second Appointment with HDB, our renovation officially begins.

It started with demolition work by hacking the floor, hacking the wall separating the living room and kitchen, and also removing all the cabinets. Some pictures after the hacking done :)

From the entrance:

0t5j.jpg

Living room and Kitchen:

nn7n.jpg

Common room:

8gkz.jpg

MBR:

yza7.jpg

Surprisingly it took only 3 days to hack and remove everything, as we did not expect to be so fast :thumbs up:

Hi Soloqueen, I am (or more correctly now my parents are) @ Blk 65. We are just opposite of each other!

As for food, when I stayed with my parents, always had the privilege to enjoy home cooked food. Don't eat much around vicinity. Haha!

Yes, heard the wan ton noodle at the market very popular.

The coffee shop below my block does have quite nice food esp. lunch time (e.g. the hainanese curry rice, wan ton noodle soup, western food).

Or course, there is the Redhill, Bukit Merah Central, Henderson, Alexandra Village, Telok Blangah Crescent, Seah Im, ABC, Tiong Bahru, Pasir Panjang food centres, Bukit Purmei lor mer etc. nearby. :)

Hi Soloqueen, I am (or more correctly now my parents are) @ Blk 65. We are just opposite of each other!

As for food, when I stayed with my parents, always had the privilege to enjoy home cooked food. Don't eat much around vicinity. Haha!

Yes, heard the wan ton noodle at the market very popular.

The coffee shop below my block does have quite nice food esp. lunch time (e.g. the hainanese curry rice, wan ton noodle soup, western food).

Or course, there is the Redhill, Bukit Merah Central, Henderson, Alexandra Village, Telok Blangah Crescent, Seah Im, ABC, Tiong Bahru, Pasir Panjang food centres, Bukit Purmei lor mer etc. nearby. :)

That's really cool. Maybe you could drop by us next time if you are interested. :)

I see. Really need to go recce and explore the area after moving in. Anyway where have you moved to?

Nowadays people normally use digital lock that comes with thumb print, password or RFID card function. However, it was kinda expensive to buy from the local dealer, so one of our friend recommended us to buy it from Qoo10 or TaoBao for the Samsung digital lock.

It was really difficult to settle for a door lock as there were too many of them. Just before we made our mind for Samsung Ezon SHS-6010, our friend introduced us something new from Kwikset. The model is call 925 Kevo. Anyone heard of this before?

The Samsung Ezon SHS-6010, where the design was sleek and simple.

jr4u.png

However for the 925 Kevo from Kwikset, it looks really cool!! :o

Front:

bcfv.png

Back:

dnsm.png

How does the Kevo lock function? Number of methods are available. The ultimate way was to open the lock with your phone even though you are not holding it, interesting? ;) When you stand right in front of the door you just need to touch on the top part of Kevo and it will start to scan and detect the eKey on your phone via Bluetooth. However, it could only compatible with Apple iPhone by now and will be coming soon for Android and Blackberry10 users.

Not using an iPhone? Don't worry, the lock comes with a hob that works the same way. And lastly, you could also open the lock in the conventional way with the key provided. :P

In addition, you could send the eKey to anyone, anywhere and anytime, when you are not around. :good:

There are 3 colours available:

mhyu.png

Learn more about Kevo here: http://www.kwikset.com/Kevo/Default.aspx

We bought the 925 Kevo from Amazon with the price of US$219. I think the price is quite standard as found it also in the US Apple store selling at the same price.

6ebd.png

Our Kevo is still on the way and really can't wait to play with it. ;)

Edited by soloqueen

Wah, things are getting so hig tech.... :jawdrop:

I mountain tortise, cannot catch up ler.......

Although high tech but dunno safe or not.

I think still the conventional lock is the safest and most practical ler. ;)