Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bert7332

Anchoring Down

Noobs here. Decided to document our own reno journey. Still awaiting the all important letter to collect keys though we understand some blocks have already collected theirs.

So i guess it should be in a matter of months before we get called up, 3 years of waiting and many missed opportunities, its time to get excited!

As a standard SOP, i am starting off with the floor plan.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/gallery/image/2960-floor-plan-sengkang/

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

you guys are relatively close to me. That's a lot of new flats there that will be coming up over the next couple of months! I expect to see alot more owners from that estate blogging in here like you guys. Btw, awesome layout you have. :good:

bert7332, it makes sense now why you chose the "Anchoring Down" title for your t-blog. haha.

all the best in your search for your ID/contractor

you guys are relatively close to me. That's a lot of new flats there that will be coming up over the next couple of months! I expect to see alot more owners from that estate blogging in here like you guys. Btw, awesome layout you have. :good:

bert7332, it makes sense now why you chose the "Anchoring Down" title for your t-blog. haha.

all the best in your search for your ID/contractor

My wife will flip if she sees you using "awesome" for the layout. WIW and an open-concept kitchen with an island were top in her wishlist, both can be postponed to at least 5 years down the road.

We are not going to hack any rooms as both sets of our parents might visit and stay-over plus possible new additions to the family. The wretched location of the bomb shelter means the fate of the kitchen is sealed. I have seen much better HDB layouts with the bomb shelter not been an obstacle..but alas..we didn't have much of a choice back then.

Yea. Anchoring down at Anchorvale and finally starting our new lives away from our current 120sf room.

Thanks i need all the help in the search for the ONE, its getting frustrating.

ID selection has been challenging maybe because of the budget that we have set. We thought that we will just to just 3 ID/contractors but ended up with 5.

1) Janet - Recommended by a friend. Both of us like her, can readily give ideas and prices on the spot. But the quote was above our budget.

2) Legendary Mr K - My wife met up with him, shortest discussion among the designers, probably bz with the volume of requests generated from this forum, so not sure if he understood what we wanted, but he did revert with quote that was slightly above our budget.

3) Alvin - Currently doing a project for our friend so we checked him out. nice guy but shot down my wife's ideas :fire:...death knell

4) Sam - Our favourite, love his ideas and his initial quote. But recently went MIA after we refined our requirements..we were so close to confirming him :~

5) Pete - Really detailed person and quote was close to we had budgeted, but somehow we can't bring ourselves to commit yet unlike number (4)

So we plan to look a couple more before confirming...*fingers crossed*

Your layout is similar to mine..you can still do a WIW if you can hack and rebuild a partition in bedroom 2. Think after that should still be able to put in a single bedder, a small work desk and a 2dr wardrobe..

Your layout is similar to mine..you can still do a WIW if you can hack and rebuild a partition in bedroom 2. Think after that should still be able to put in a single bedder, a small work desk and a 2dr wardrobe..

Hi Shaowei, we explored that, but need to put in queen size bed for both of the bedrooms for the parents.

Confirm that anochorvale isles is completed? Cos the latest photo I saw on the website still look like it isn't completed.

bert7332, yours is 5 room right. Can share with me how much you give your budget as, cos none of the ID/Contractor get back to me. Mayb I quoted too low.

Hope to see ur renovation soon :)

Confirm that anochorvale isles is completed? Cos the latest photo I saw on the website still look like it isn't completed.

bert7332, yours is 5 room right. Can share with me how much you give your budget as, cos none of the ID/Contractor get back to me. Mayb I quoted too low.

Hope to see ur renovation soon :)

Yup, i think the rest of the blocks have already collected their keys, except ours and a couple more.

We are trying very hard to keep it below 35, and so far, we received quotes between 30-43k. Probably running into CNY period, rushing to close up projects and close for the lunar year, they will probably be more responsive when they are back to work next week.