Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shockwave

Last Minute Wonders

Hello all,

We have been reading and searching for good lobangs and ID/Contractor in RT for quite sometime but only decided to be member early of the year. After following some of the blogs here and envy their home, we decided to create ours as well. We strongly agreed that finding and shortlisting of ID/Contractor is a pain in the @ss. Hubby went through every single page of each blog for 2 weeks, to search for a good ID/Contractor. For that 2 weeks process, hubby managed to find 4 IDs and an unknown contractor. Out of the 5, we managed to meet 3 of them.

The 1st ID was very patient and professional. As we are totally noob about renovation process and details to take note, he explained to us almost every single details. He also showed us his past projects. The best part was he knew that he is the 1st ID we met based on the questions we post to him.

Then came the 2nd ID. He is quite young and he listened to all our queries.He did his homework and explained to us the position of the lighting etc. He also showed pictures of his projects.

The final one was a contractor. We arranged to meet at 1 of his finish project to see the workmanship. Oh gosh, he was super late. Promised to meet at 1730 but he show up at 1840. While waiting, he advised us to enter the house to see the workmanship. Both hubby and wifey was surprised he allowed us to enter the house by ourselves. At this point, I wondered if I am to engage him, my new house will be his showroom and allowed strangers to enter my house. When he finally appeared, he bring along his wife and kid. What was he thinking? So we continued to discuss of the renovation details and he quote us slightly lesser than 2nd ID.

Eventually, we decided to engage the 1st ID.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi g0mug0mu

Basically, we shortlisted those recommended ID by our fellow tbloggers. From the pictures taken by the fellow tbloggers, roughly can gauge how good is the workmanship. Hopefully we chose the correct and reliable ID.

Thanks guys. 2 more weeks and we will receive the precious keys. Yahoooo!!

We managed to get HERF flooring from Evorich during their bulk sales promotion. We also get our hob and hood during Digital expo sale. AirCon system, we sign up with Tim.

We managed to get HERF flooring from Evorich during their bulk sales promotion. We also get our hob and hood during Digital expo sale. AirCon system, we sign up with Tim.

Welcome to RT and have a fruitful journey. Can you share/pm the price/model of the HERF?

Hi!

Congrats on finding your ID. We've been doing the same since beginning of this month and still haven't had second appt with any! You really confirm very fast!

May I know how much you got for the herf at evorich? We're also considering it but haven't gone down to see. Dunno still got promo px or not.

Thanks!

Hi newadventure

Its a tiring process. I've checked their works based on the picture tblogger post. Kind of lazy to meet so many time and in the never take the ID. Hopefully it will turn good. Upon collection of key, he will meet and assist to check on defects even before we sign the papers.

Anyways, I was quote $6 psf. Original is $7.5 psf.