Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
VincentWangZx

Budget Home In Punggol Emerald: Retro Modern Fusion

Hi Neighbor! =)

The one with the final say is the kitchen is the missus, and she has weighed the cost of getting the ID to build one versus IKEA. The ID's quote was cheaper, so being practical and prudent, she has decided to do it with the ID. =) I would say he's got his work cut out for him, cos she wants it to look like a café! Haha.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Neighbor! =)

The one with the final say is the kitchen is the missus, and she has weighed the cost of getting the ID to build one versus IKEA. The ID's quote was cheaper, so being practical and prudent, she has decided to do it with the ID. =) I would say he's got his work cut out for him, cos she wants it to look like a café! Haha.

haha kitchen looking like a cafe is an interesting idea! look forward to the 3D design by your ID :lol:

Me too! I've been researching online, and I realized the look most cafes have adopted is known as the 'Manhattan' look. =)

Yap ... Have that idea and search on it before.

However after much thinking i prefer it to be kitchen style as less maintenance

Me too! I've been researching online, and I realized the look most cafes have adopted is known as the 'Manhattan' look. =)

This sounds interesting. Can you share your mood images?

Haha I see! =) Here are the images that me and wife took as we started this reno. Some are from blogs I found in reno t-blog, some we found online. =)

This blog in particular appeals a lot to me. Vintage & Industrial Decor Styles Anyone?

IMG_0101.JPG

My wife absolutely loves the shelves on top in the picture above (of course if there were more space she would have loved making a countertop like this but alas). She thinks the chalk board as a cabinet door is what gives the shelf a cafe feel, so she hopes the ID can replicate that. #goodluckwiththat

IMG_0103.JPG

As for me, I like quaint ways of using furniture; the effect when all sorts of color tones come together make for a very interesting combi in the living room. To me, they feel more cosy and at home than posh sofas and color-coordinated feature walls and such.

photo.JPG

As for the ceiling, I'm so inspired by the black conduit and the square tracklights! I'm hoping it would be feasible to do it for my home as well. ^_^

7119006847_8d1e63f28b_o.jpg

My wife was actually sad to see someone had done it before her, but this is more or less what we'll be doing, except that the frame would be made of wood.

7556832038_5710770227_o.jpg

We love these lights! Saw it in someone's blog, and it was used to light the passageway. Hopefully we can find something along these lines! Have yet to decide where best to use it if we get hold of it.

The rest of ideas really come from the blog link I shared above. Hope it will be materialized! =)

We're so glad that this is the season for expo fairs and warehouse sales! Coincides nicely with our timing for reno! So we have bought three items that are essential for home living: fridge, washing machine, and TV! Best buy was at the IT expo fair's Philips TV PFL5008! Woohoo!

E442BRE2_SCHANDLE_EXTERIOR_MUG_mug.jpg

This is the fridge we bought at the Courts Megastore Warehouse Sale for $999. Not exactly a cheap buy. But glad we got what we like.

medium02.jpg

And this is the washing machine we intend to get first thing tmr after our friend has helped us scout out at the fair.

IMG_0188.JPG

And this is the TV! The Philips Easy 3D Ambilight Series. Can't wait to get it fixed up in the home! Can start to dream about playing Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 with this TV. :sport-smiley-004:

So I have finally been able to confirm my renovation project with my ID, who will submit the approval for hacking and let me know when the works can begin. I will meet him on Friday along with his co-workers to hear out what instructions are given for the project. In other news, I am so excited to have bought a new fan with a sleek design for my living room! I also managed to source for really cheap track lights at a store which is so old school it looks like a warehouse. Here's the picture of the fan I ordered. Hopefully my ID will provide the 3D drawing of my house soon enough. =)

quantumss-mp.jpg

So I have finally been able to confirm my renovation project with my ID, who will submit the approval for hacking and let me know when the works can begin. I will meet him on Friday along with his co-workers to hear out what instructions are given for the project. In other news, I am so excited to have bought a new fan with a sleek design for my living room! I also managed to source for really cheap track lights at a store which is so old school it looks like a warehouse. Here's the picture of the fan I ordered. Hopefully my ID will provide the 3D drawing of my house soon enough. =)

quantumss-mp.jpg

Hi VincentWangZX, very lovely fan! care to share where and how much you purchase for the fan? Can you also share with me lobang for your tracklights? :)

Hi,

I bought the fan from modernfanoutlet.com. It's a US based site but they ship internationally at a flat fee of $10. This cost me a grand total of $309 for the fan (I'm not sure if it's in USD or SGD). The tracklights I will be getting this Fri at Horne Road. As for the name of the shop, I must find out this Friday and let you know again. The track costs $14 per meter, and their lights are 30 dollars a piece for 4 watts (add 15 dollars if you want it at 12watts).