Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
elin1029

My First Renovation Experience

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks. These are the classic subway tiles.

Hee, sorry, i was actually referring to the brown wooden floor tiles in the bathroom. Where are they from? Italy or China tiles?

Nice place. May I ask where did you get your kitchen ceiling fan?

Thanks. The kitchen fan is a Vento Fino 2, available in SG under Amasco. But I purchased mine from Tampoi Lighting in JB. Read my post above on the danger of this fan.

Hee, sorry, i was actually referring to the brown wooden floor tiles in the bathroom. Where are they from? Italy or China tiles?

It's from Hafary, I think it's from Spain if I recall correctly. It was a last minute selection because my first choice was suddenly out of stock when some hotel or restaurant made a big purchase and my contractor didn't reserve the tiles after I've confirmed. Probably for the better because this tile turned out great.

Someone beat me to the tiles questions. Nice stand-alone bathtub and mixer too.

Anyway nice reno! I like how you kept the french door, subway tiles, colour palette, light flooring consistent.

The living area, in daytime and nightime. I can't decide which one I like better because they present a very different mood. Haven't got time to fill up the rest of the shelving units yet.

DSC_0354.JPG

DSC_0314.JPG

When I started researching for the renovation, I googled "interior design" and one of the first images that turned up in results was the following and I fell in love with it. I wanted to achieve the look, and then I designed the rest of the house based on this image.

Interior-Design.jpg

It's from Hafary, I think it's from Spain if I recall correctly. It was a last minute selection because my first choice was suddenly out of stock when some hotel or restaurant made a big purchase and my contractor didn't reserve the tiles after I've confirmed. Probably for the better because this tile turned out great.

I think Hafary has the nicest wooden tiles but very ex at 10+ psf. Do you happen to remember the model number and cost of these tiles?

I must say when i first saw your pics, i thought they were plucked off the net. Very modern and cosy scandi feel.

Thanks, I take that as a compliment! But those stock photos wouldn't have Similac and a mongrel in their pictures, would they? :)

Will try to dig through my renovation file and see if I can find the code of the tile.

I think Hafary has the nicest wooden tiles but very ex at 10+ psf. Do you happen to remember the model number and cost of these tiles?

20131114-204239.jpg

Found it in one of the pictures. The name of the tile is Fronda Musgo, and not too ex, at 3.40 psf.

20131114-204239.jpg

Found it in one of the pictures. The name of the tile is Fronda Musgo, and not too ex, at 3.40 psf.

Thanks thanks.. will go Hafary to check again..

great job at designing your own place!

Sorry, but I'm curious to why did your budget hit 70k with no carpentry?

And you mentioned prior that it wasn't fast?

Appreciate your replies!

ptqbe, thanks. There is carpentry but minimal, only in living room and kitchen.

The renovation process was slow. We started hacking 12 November and handover was 17 January. I didn't do many things, there was much down time throughout the whole process, workers came in at noon rather than early in the morning.

Year end is especially bad time to do renovation. If I had a choice, I would avoid this period.

Thnx Elin 4 sharing the dogs' area....the bomb shelter flooring was hacked or over-layed? Hoping I could do the same when I get my house keys.

Hi,

I like the pendant lights in this photo. Where did you get your downlights from?

Thanks.

DSC_0345.JPG

Thanks. The pendant lights are from taobao, let me know which one you are interested in and I'll share the links.