Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Septh

My Castle In The Air

Hello!

We're finally collecting our keys this week finally after a loooong 4++ years wait :jammin:

Typical floorplan much like everyone else :sport-smiley-018:

MontrealDale-AutoCADModel.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I managed to go up to my unit during 1 of the holidays :yeah:

Living Room view from Main door

image-3.jpg

Living room view from window

image-2.jpg

Kitchen

image-5.jpg

Common Bedroom

image-4.jpg

:dribble: Love the view from our Living room!

image-1.jpg

What's the thing between the main door and the kitchen entrance?

It's like a cabinet to enclose the open net, utilities box etc

image-6.jpg

Edited by Septh

Our final layout after countless changes. Yes, we'll be hack ALOT of walls, and shifting the dinning area to bedroom 3 as we feel that our living room is long and narrow which is not quite suitable to cramp both the sofa and table :bleah:

Master bedroom will be combined with Bedroom 2 to form a larger bedroom to house our huge wardrobe and study desk.

16-51-FinalLayoutPlan.jpg

_20.jpg

I'm planning to use this glass system for my dinning room so that if we have more guests over, we'll just keep the room fully opened so we won't feel claustrophobic.

• Like 2

_20.jpg

I'm planning to use this glass system for my dinning room so that if we have more guests over, we'll just keep the room fully opened so we won't feel claustrophobic.

Hi, may I know where did you get the sliding and folding glass door system?

Sorry for the slow updates, things are progressing pretty slooowly...

We have collected keys on 12 Feb and the past couple of weeks have been a rollercoaster ride!

1) Had some trouble getting HDB hacking permit due to new ruling in effect from 1 Jan 2014 which requires additional hacking licensed worker on top of existing HDB permit -_-" Trouble is most uncle hackers have yet to study for the license from BCA! We had to call for :help: and finally we found a contractor and our hacking is 95% approved, just waiting for HDB to give the dates for hacking now...

2) We decided to do some minute changes to our layout (yet again) to switch our bed and wardrobe as below and we won't be using the glass folding doors as it's pretty expensive and those are used more commercially. We will be changing to glass sliding doors instead. (fingers crossed, no more changes)

16-51-LayoutPlan.jpg

3) A series of bad luck as the design and colour of toilet tiles, vinyl tiles and our smarthome switch (from taobao) which we wanted are all OTS :bleah: Today, my supplier will finally deliver our toilet tiles. For vinyl tiles, we settled for 2nd choice (Pure Grey below) as stock will only arrive in June :jawdrop: and our switches which we wanted white to match our walls, we just gave up and get in black.

IMG_6155.jpg

IMG_6362.png

4) Finally some good news! Luckily our marble is settled and we went for drylay last week. It was an interesting experience and I did not expect drylaying marble to be so crucial even if the marble veins are not that pronounced, but as with natural stone, there will be slight color variations and we definitely need the drylay to simulate our floor area. :good:

IMG_6211.jpg

5) Our sliding windows for service yard are also done! Gonna need to paste some frosted film for privacy, else we can chat with the whole block neigbhours as I realised conversations carried out in the SY can be heard quite audibly in this back yard "air well" and it will be awkward to have neighbours being able to see me cooking and doing laundry (don't know whether to ignore or say hi -_-")IMG_6404.jpg

6) Preparation for toilet overlaying of tiles have also begun

7) Support structure for false ceiling at master bedroom is in progress as well

8) As I am typing this post, my LED lights from TB finally arrived!!!:yeah: Can't wait to open the box...

The style and design I <3 are more towards clean and comtemporary Like this======>

modern-minimalist-house-design-6-554x416

luxury-interior-design-11.jpg

10159.jpg

Initially, I wanted a clear glass toilet like here but unfortunately, my hacking for master toilet was not approved due to it being a load bearing wall...blah blah blah...oh well :dunno: I'm still going to overlay both toilet and replace the basin and WC. HDB's designers are the "best" they gave us beige coloured basin and WC *faintz* Can't they just be white?!

12726.jpg

The ugly beige-yellowish toilet

IMG_6112.jpg

Edited by Septh

The style and design I <3 are more towards clean and comtemporary Like this======>

Initially, I wanted a clear glass toilet like here but unfortunately, my hacking for master toilet was not approved due to it being a load bearing wall...blah blah blah...oh well :dunno: I'm still going to overlay both toilet and replace the basin and WC. HDB's designers are the "best" they gave us beige coloured basin and WC *faintz* Can't they just be white?!

The ugly beige-yellowish toilet

IMG_6112.jpg

Well, count yourself lucky, mine is those BLUE ones. :jawdrop:

Well, count yourself lucky, mine is those BLUE ones. :jawdrop:

YA i think beige is much better than the blue ~ LoL ...