Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

our ID selection process

Allen Nah from Thom Signature( Top 2)

Allen was someone who was in the top 2. I gave a review about him somewhere else. Allen left a deep impression in my mind. No hard selling. He was actually recommended by a very close friend and future neighbor. Again, another Ah beng which my hubby could super relate to, since he was about the same age.

But dont let the ah beng look fool u. This guy was good at what he did. He carefully listen to my requirements then finally dug out from me, what i really needed. He was the first ID to point out a design flaw that I never realized with my L shape cabinet. He solved it by thinking out of an idea to help me reduce space wastage in the dead corner which i felt was very cool and futuristic. My hubby was originally very adamant about signing with Allen. The price, the clickability and also Allen's sincerity. During our meetings, allen will answer calls and the way he handled situation with his workers impressed us, calm and direct which i feel will be good during reno. but I was afraid that Allen will not be able to match up with My ID's designing skills.

He was very much in the running that so much so, one week we were about to sign, we were still considering Allen. But our ID gave us too good an offer that we couldnt resist.

Hello,

I like the way you chronicle your ID journey! And I thought I met ALOT of IDs.

BTW, mind if you can share how the dead space problem was solve? PM is good too if it is not too convenient!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

LOL he never added me in fb.. but he did go into Facebook to look at me and find out more things about me like who were my friends and if he done any of their jobs before. abit creepy but i do it to do my homework on my clients too before i meet them. :notti:

YES! some IDs are crazy enough to ask for deposit first then do drawing. later kana trapped also cannot run. read too much horror stories to be a carrot for them to chop! :angry2:

My ID yesterday fast hand fast leg, already sent me a preview of what my amended living room will look like. later will post it up when im free. He very smart. i think he know i getting impatient from all the wait during cny. :bleah:

i cant even find 'my id' on facebook on internet lol wanna see their portfolio and get quote.

hello ningning. care to share ur quotation and ur id? im waiting for my 3 room bto also. pm me ok. lookin forward to ur renovation pics! =D

pmed

Hi NingNing, thanks for sharing your ID search process. I find your reviews useful. May i know who your ID is and his contact?

Thanks.

pmed

Hello,

I like the way you chronicle your ID journey! And I thought I met ALOT of IDs.

BTW, mind if you can share how the dead space problem was solve? PM is good too if it is not too convenient!

i pm you the solution

Hello, can share your ID details? Pm me :)

pm-ed

i cant even find 'my id' on facebook on internet lol wanna see their portfolio and get quote.

LOL.. thats not the name of the company of course. you cant recieve pm.

Edited by NingNing

pictures of our house in its current state. IDs of my neighbors told me that our HDB contractor did a rush job. But BSC rectified the mistakes quite quickly. i complained on monday, now some of it has already been repaired.

My living room (from kitchen)

B049EA20-DCBB-40D2-91A0-F5939986E184.jpg

My passage way. (can anyone spot what is wrong with the passageway? other than my bag hanging there!)

6DF2C529-EB16-43DE-BFDE-FD024D038FB8.jpg

Kitchen

4759390B-A4A0-45BC-86C6-44D529950EBF.jpg

7FEEBC62-A01F-4C64-BE74-930EBFEA805D.jpg

60FC7434-9575-44C2-9BB4-E21F249E69F5.jpg

masterbed room

73CF6464-2500-4804-BD3C-990E8BD9B2D9.jpg

master toilet

FE8C44FC-FB59-4ECA-9EE0-4A548056C1BB.jpg

common toilet

B709115C-1B6E-4ADB-8C45-05C7CA0AD557.jpg

This was the cracked and exposed brick i was talking about hidden in the ceiling of the common toilet behind the pipes. the black thing u see there is the hole. the red thing is the exposed brick.

8834DAD5-48A9-40E2-86A1-30C290F7113B.jpg :curse:

didnt take a pic of the uneven ceiling. but my neighbor popped by yesterday and he saw it too. :( i tot it was just me being fussy.

Also, on Monday when my ID came to check the place, he mentioned to me that because my wall of the kitchen is on the right, means my fridge should be left hand swing (open from right to left) instead of the usual left to right. :jawdrop: omg.. his advise is that i will have to leave a 1/2 -1 feet gap for my fridge door clearence to swing open, so that I can remove the fridge drawer in future if i want to wash it. so that means, 1/2 feet of wasted space. my dream of having the stove, sink and fridge on one row is gone!! :~ so upset. nearly wanted to cry on the spot. and plus because we got a S$688 voucher from samsung, die die must get their fridge. tt leaves me lesser choice! (btw, f&p got left swing door fridge if anyone is wondering).

then hubby asked me "how often u cook ah?"

me: never lei why?

hubby: that means we dont put much stuff in right? so fridge wont get dirty.. so means no need to clean. then why u need to remove the drawer to clean?

me: ... oh ya hor. haha

I also consulted a friend and future neighbour about it. and she agreed to just put the fridge with a little gap. no need to leave half a feet. her house is doing just that now and for 7 yrs, they have been fine without pulling out the drawer all the way.

so we are going to go against our ID's advise and give probably a 5- 10cm gap from fridge to side wall. :sport-smiley-004: my dream of one row stove, sink and fridge is BACK!! but of coz, this means if i cant open my fridge fully....and i cant blame my ID for not telling me. BUT I CAN BLAME My HUBBY!! hehehehehehe... :notti:

Edited by NingNing

So these few days have been quite busy so no chance to update. Our flat ETA will be in May.. coz im a pantang person, i rather not shift in during Qing Ming.. so the entire month of April, we will leave it empty. :bangwall: but my ID say.. slowly also good. let his contractors rest awhile, get their momentum going after their long holiday break then can do my house swee swee. OK la.. trust him ba.

Since the day we collected keys on 5th Feb, we have been dragging our two poor friends around to see sofas. These beauties caught my eye so far..

2040 length

vpuw.jpg

2050 length

jjy6.jpgRL]

in black

IMG_9634.jpg

2035 length

IMG_9633.jpg

There were a few others we went to look at, but not allowed to take pics. We went to xclusive living, Rozel, Full house and by chance, one of the friends we were dragging around suggested to go Expo to see see if there were any furniture fairs. Wa!! heng heng, just nice, that weekend, there was one. So that very weekend, we went to have a look.

I saw a few that were so so.... but one in particular caught my eye. Half italian leather, L shaped and recliner (motor somemore!) and all within our 2k budget! heehee.. customization is free also. yay!! :dribble: everything my hubby wanted!

But, i have been known for making mistakes with impulse buy. So yesterday, v day, i dragged my parents to go with us to QC the sofa and see if its good. (also to acc them since my sisters are not around).

They LOVED IT! so at the last minute (they were actually closed liao) I paid the deposit. So qiao, the manager who assisted me the first time and yesterday had the same name as my id, Johnny! haha.. he even taught me a few things on how to see fake and real leather, or if the leather is bonded with PVC. Pretty useful I'll say. i used this knowledge to test out other brands of sofa and realized that its true! real full leather when pressed have wrinkles, leather with pvc wont. and another test is smell test. leather smell stays on for at least 3 yrs. if the item has no smell, its not full leather.

How some companies charge lower price for their leather sofa is by slicing the leather in half and bond them with pvc. (i dont say cheat la hor. end of the day really is still leather. but how many % no one say de la).

Anyway, this is th sofa we picked.

xxy0xpZl.jpg

hubby's friend sitting and trying the sofa, testing it out... even considering getting a new one for their place. :D

ajRTTvQl.jpg

Edited by NingNing

So these few days have been quite busy so no chance to update. Our flat ETA will be in May.. coz im a pantang person, i rather not shift in during Qing Ming.. so the entire month of April, we will leave it empty. :bangwall: but my ID say.. slowly also good. let his contractors rest awhile, get their momentum going after their long holiday break then can do my house swee swee. OK la.. trust him ba.

Since the day we collected keys on 5th Feb, we have been dragging our two poor friends around to see sofas. These beauties caught my eye so far..

240 length

c123502a-1abb-40d6-82fd-8d636f4ec3bb.png

2050 length

a3d97859-bc8b-4c35-bc03-74928227fd6a.png

in black

IMG_9634.jpg

2035 length

IMG_9633.jpg

There were a few others we went to look at, but not allowed to take pics. We went to xclusive living, Rozel, Full house and by chance, one of the friends we were dragging around suggested to go Expo to see see if there were any furniture fairs. Wa!! heng heng, just nice, that weekend, there was one. So that very weekend, we went to have a look.

I saw a few that were so so.... but one in particular caught my eye. Half italian leather, L shaped and recliner (motor somemore!) and all within our 2k budget! heehee.. customization is free also. yay!! :dribble: everything my hubby wanted!

But, i have been known for making mistakes with impulse buy. So yesterday, v day, i dragged my parents to go with us to QC the sofa and see if its good. (also to acc them since my sisters are not around).

They LOVED IT! so at the last minute (they were actually closed liao) I paid the deposit. So qiao, the manager who assisted me the first time and yesterday had the same name as my id, Johnny! haha.. he even taught me a few things on how to see fake and real leather, or if the leather is bonded with PVC. Pretty useful I'll say. i used this knowledge to test out other brands of sofa and realized that its true! real full leather when pressed have wrinkles, leather with pvc wont. and another test is smell test. leather smell stays on for at least 3 yrs. if the item has no smell, its not full leather.

How some companies charge lower price for their leather sofa is by slicing the leather in half and bond them with pvc. (i dont say cheat la hor. end of the day really is still leather. but how many % no one say de la).

Anyway, this is th sofa we picked.

IMG_03001.jpg

hubby's friend sitting and trying the sofa, testing it out... even considering getting a new one for their place. :D

IMG_02301.jpg

how much is this set of sofa? :)

It is 1.9k. Without motor recliner is 1850.

Thanks! Was looking at this kind of design as well and got scared off by a $2.6k set..

Will source around and cross fingers will be as lucky as you to keep it under 2k!

Hi Ning Ning,

The L-shape sofa that you purchased at Expo at $1.9K, does both the chairs motor-recline, and also include the cup-holder?

Only one reclines. and 1.9K includes cup holder. but we will remove the cup holder as the cupholder, the total length will be 2.4m

Thanks! Was looking at this kind of design as well and got scared off by a $2.6k set..

Will source around and cross fingers will be as lucky as you to keep it under 2k!

Sure can one! actually star living is less than 1.5K for the same type. xclusive living has it too!