Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
AlisaWu

Yet Another Budget Reno >.<

For aircon, we are looking at this, however, damage is erm... very damaging.....

aircon.png

Is this pricing reasonable?

The price is around that if your is system 4 total is 18k BTU X1 12K BTU X1 9K BTU X 2 total 27K for the compressor and which company you purchase from.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks for sharing the aircon budget.. a few of the prospective IDs we met also recommended MIT.

But may I ask for the reason why you are getting a System 4 and not a System 3+1?

We are still grappling with which system to get..

Hi Alisa,

Thanks for sharing the aircon price.

Seem like we are having very similar floor plan.hahaa..

Can PM your contractor's contact?

Thank you.

Thanks for sharing the aircon budget.. a few of the prospective IDs we met also recommended MIT.

But may I ask for the reason why you are getting a System 4 and not a System 3+1?

We are still grappling with which system to get..

actually, after thinking about it, we will be getting System 2+2 to split the load on the compressors.

we will pair "master bedroom and bedroom 2" and "living room with bedroom 3", as recommended by our contractor.

well, that's what he says la, dunno whether correct not, haha.. i have no experience on this kinda aircon matters de..

Hi Alisa,

Thanks for sharing the aircon price.

Seem like we are having very similar floor plan.hahaa..

Can PM your contractor's contact?

Thank you.

Hi Agnes, I will not be sharing my contractor's contact as of yet as we haven't even 开工 yet and I dunno his workmanship, working attitude etc...

will see whether he is good or not then share his contact...

actually, after thinking about it, we will be getting System 2+2 to split the load on the compressors.

we will pair "master bedroom and bedroom 2" and "living room with bedroom 3", as recommended by our contractor.

well, that's what he says la, dunno whether correct not, haha.. i have no experience on this kinda aircon matters de..

Hmm AlisaWu, does that mean you will have 2 compressors?

Might want to check with your ID on the HDB guidelines.. One of the IDs I met, said having 2 compressors on the air-con ledge is illegal..

So I'm not sure if your contractor is certain about this, or he has a way to go around this :)

just came from my new place!! :dancingqueen: yay yay yay!! so happi!!

saw the compressor area and indeed can fit 2, but there is only 1 electrical socket.. shall ask my contractor liddat how??

and the most maddening part was, not only did we get the pipe running across our kitchen, we also got the pipe running from up stairs to downstairs, so we got both sets of pipes :angry2: like OMG what are the hdb designers thinking!! 8|

20140222_140602.jpg

random extra piece of trunking in the db box is actually my most serious defect in the entire house.. :good:

either we are too noob at checking or our house is great, although heard that our key delay as they had to fix the flooring in our block so maybe already fixed liao :)

picture of our living room

20140222_160201.jpg

and our master bedroom.

20140222_160629.jpg

kitchen

20140222_160552.jpg

i absolutely love this next picture, view from living room :thumbs up:

20140222_160610.jpg

hopefully the hockey stadium lights will not be too bad after we fix up the curtains..

• Like 1

Wow!! Amazing views without obstruction and live hockey matches too!

Where's your new place at?

I am guessing the trunking is for wiring to/from your db box. I think that's also the reason why they have to build a little closet to house it.

Share with us what HDB says after you report that "defect".. we can all learn something from there :thumbs up:

the problem is not with the closet, if you look closely, there is an open trunking and then another finished 1 above it..

so no idea what the unfinished open trunking is for.

my new place is at sengkang :)

my quotation from contractor has come up to 27k now :bleah: without electricals.. i'm thinking below 30k for the whole project..

even if we were to take out some stuff (only things we can take out is the full height shoe cabinet, the bar counter and the vanity for common toilet, will only amount to 2k+) find that might as well let him do it then to buy ourselves and fix..

shoe cabinet will definitely not be full height then..

Edited by AlisaWu

For aircon, we are looking at this, however, damage is erm... very damaging.....

aircon.png

The price is around that if your is system 4 total is 18k BTU X1 12K BTU X1 9K BTU X 2 total 27K for the compressor and which company you purchase from.

aircon.png

Hi Alisa,

Nice view from your place, I'm moving into one the flats just down the street haha.

Mine sharing the website you used to get the quote for the aircon? Planning to get a system 4 too..

Chanced upon your t blog... I was in my midst of finding air con deals as well... And a few days ago, my sis bto Fb group recommended a gain city guy whereby I was quoted 3900 for sys 4 for MIT starmex w g22 copper wire, half inch insulator and 16mm drainage pipes and I managed to bargain for two installation trips too... I find his pricing was reasonable after comparing with some Renotalk recommendations and direct coys... Plus he was still very friendly after answering my plenty of questions and worries on workmanship etc... ( quite kai see mentality, keep on checking and comparing btw quotes)

Well, if you are interested, I can pass you his contacts and you can find out more... Hope this helps...

Cheers...

Can share the contact of the gain city guy?

I'm looking at such a config below, is the price reasonable?

MitsubishiSys43_zps87f3dbed.png

Thanks!

@bigturbo

oh no.. that's too bad.. :(

after getting some inspiration from renotalk t-blogs (thanks Nexer), I'm going to slash my 28k quote to 22k and up my tb purchases by $400, to a total of $2k now..

going to go for ikea worktop and maybe even have part of my kitchen done by ikea..

and getting my bar counter, shoe cabinet and common toilet vanity from tb instead of asking contractor to fabricate..

lastly, not do the platform and just hack the foyer area instead..

my personal goal is to complete the entire reno with furnishing by 30k excluding aircon :good:

gonna be challenging as the fridge i have my eye on cost 2.2k :jawdrop:

Edited by AlisaWu

@bigturbo

oh no.. that's too bad.. :(

after getting some inspiration from renotalk t-blogs (thanks Nexer), I'm going to slash my 28k quote to 22k and up my tb purchases by $400, to a total of $2k now..

going to go for ikea worktop and maybe even have part of my kitchen done by ikea..

and getting my bar counter, shoe cabinet and common toilet vanity from tb instead of asking contractor to fabricate..

lastly, not do the platform and just hack the foyer area instead..

my personal goal is to complete the entire reno with furnishing by 30k excluding aircon :good:

gonna be challenging as the fridge i have my eye on cost 2.2k :jawdrop:

Can share yr tb links? Like yr rectangular light and LED strip